GGG vs Canelo

theTKDguy

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who are you betting on guys? i think it most likely goes to a decision, i like canelo by points but him off the juice is def a concern.

If you believe that he doped, what makes you believe he would stop after a slap on the wrist 6 month suspension?

If Canelo was enhanced the first fight you best believe he will be for this fight too. I'm not really considering PEDs in my evaluation for this fight.

Both have Iron chin, GGG probably edges Canelo in cardio, Canelo uses more footwork and movement in his defense, which is why his gas tank suffers. GGG was effective in marching forward with high output in the first fight, but I think Canelo is the more versatile boxer (can fight behind a jab, stick and move, focus on defense and throw selective power shots, even brawl a lil bit), and can adapt better mid fight.

First fight also proved the fix is in for Canelo, not saying Byrd was paid to score 10-2 Canelo, but their is favoritism towards Senor Alvarez. Hard to find a good bet for this one, but I settled on Canelo by split decision +540. Would be satisfied with anything nearly resembling their first fight. One of the best boxing fights I've had the pleasure of watching live.

After the last fight I'm not sure how anyone could bet on GGG. I am not putting my money in the hands of corrupt judges. Golden Boy has always had their hands in the judges pockets. Just look at the Mayweather fight. Oscar and Canelo both were given rounds they didnt deserve.

I dont think for a second that if GGG wins a 7-5 type fight he will he given the decision. He jas to win by KO or obvious 9-3 to win this fight.

So it's either Canelo or no bet for me. Personally I'm not betting because I hope GGG knocks his head off eventhough I expect Canelo to win as he is still in his prime and GGG is only slowing down.

The GGG/Canelo prelims start in 35 minutes (3pm PST/6pm EST) on YouTube for free, while the main card starts at 5pm PST/8pm EST on PPV.

Prelims
  • Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Roberto Ortiz (super lightweight)
  • Alexis Rocha vs. Carlos Ortiz Cervantes (welterweight)
  • Jaba Khositashvili vs. Lawrence King (super middleweight)
  • Brian Ceballo vs. David Thomas (featherweight)

Last edited:
What you guys betting on the undercard? I'm tailing anything that sounds reasonable for action <Moves>

The GGG/Canelo prelims start in 35 minutes (3pm PST/6pm EST) on YouTube for free, while the main card starts at 6pm PST/9pm EST on PPV.

Prelims
  • Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Roberto Ortiz (super lightweight)
  • Alexis Rocha vs. Carlos Ortiz Cervantes (welterweight)
  • Jaba Khositashvili vs. Lawrence King (super middleweight)
  • Brian Ceballo vs. David Thomas (featherweight)

Main PPV card actually starts at 8 pm, not 9 pm. And EDT, not EST.

Anyone concerned with Golovkins age and chin? Only reason I say that was I thought Vanos actually hurt him pretty bad in rnd 1. Been getting a feelin that this fight is gonna end itd, prolly gonna throw something on under 11.5

Anyone concerned with Golovkins age and chin? Only reason I say that was I thought Vanos actually hurt him pretty bad in rnd 1. Been getting a feelin that this fight is gonna end itd, prolly gonna throw something on under 11.5
I'm not betting this fight, but if I was, I would pick a prop or a total.

Betting either guy straight up seems risky.

As for the age of GGG, it doesn't concern me at all.

I won a few bucks with canelo by dec in the end lol. Made up for the hunt loss

Back