Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (Wildlands Sequel) October 4th 2019

Lovestorm

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://glitched.africa/news/ghost-recon-breakpoint-gameplay/

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is a brand new adventure that is building on the foundations that made Wildlands so successful. A big open world, four-player co-op, tonnes of gadgets and weapons, and of course all the action you would expect from a Ghost Recon game.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint follows the story of the Elite US Special Operations Unit known as Ghosts and like past games, find themselves fighting an enemy threat on a brand new island called Aurora.

After crash-landing on this mysterious island, players will soon discover that it was home to Skell Technology, a company known for its innovation in drone technology. Instead of this tech being used for good, it is now under enemy control by ex-US Army comrade, Lt Colonel Cole D. Walker. His militia group known as the “The Wolves”, are highly trained operatives, just as skilled with weaponry and tactics as the Ghosts.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint features the popular returning co-op action but is also fully playable solo too. The game has a large emphasis on player customization that will see you personalize your Ghost across four classes that can be changed at any time. Your character will also carry across from PvP to your campaign so all skills you unlock and gadgets and weapons you have obtained, will be the ones you use across the entire game.

New features include a large emphasis on stealth as players will use their environments and camouflage cloaked in mud to advance into enemy territory to take down the threat as silently as possible. Players can also injure themselves while adventuring through the harsh environments after which you will need to tend to your wounds.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint’s nemesis is Lt Colonel D. Walker who is played by The Walking Dead’s Jon Bernthal who also starred in THe Punisher and Sicario. Ubisoft got a Special Forces Medical Sergeant named Emil Daubon on board as a writer to help bring a certain authenticity to Breakpoint’s plot.

Ubisoft’s gameplay demo of Ghost Recon Breakpoint was enough to get me excited for the upcoming title. Its push for a more stealthy approach, makes me feel like this could be the Splinter Cell we never got. Its eerie enemy faction, the leader and the emphasis on these drones and machines, could be a recipe for some rather exciting encounters to come.

Ubisoft promises that the AI in Breakpoint is more challenging than ever thanks to the enemies being Ghost-trained which means they have skills and abilities that you do too. It seems that casually walking into an enemy compound will not be such a great idea in Breakpoint but the gadgets you have will make things easier. A rocket launcher will help take down the drones, and your very own drones will help scout out the area ahead as you plan your route in.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint Gameplay Changes
Breakpoint’s gameplay revealed a few notable differences from Wildlands. The camera is a lot closer to the player than the past entry which gives you a more focused approach in combat and exploration. The demo revealed the player running away from a drone flying in the air which could force you to take cover under trees for a safer approach.

Mud is used to conceal yourself from enemies as the demo showed the player roll in it to hide away. You can also use gadgets to cut through fences instead of struggling to find your way into an area.

Gunplay seems to be as fun as ever as we witnessed the players enter enemy territory. Communication was important to make sure all the players were taking a specific role in the infiltration as one player crawled up to an an Emmy and took him down silently and the other shot down the enemy drone acting as a scout. Later on in the demo we even saw a player try and shoot down an armoured drone. Things didn’t go too well and he was incapacitated while another player had to pick him up and carry him to safety.

Ubisoft is focusing heavily on a hardcore experience in Breakpoint. Players can rest and sleep, they can tumble and fall down a hill and when they are badly hurt, they will struggle to walk and will need to find cover and heal. Enemies will also coordinate together to take you down if you are spotted so the threat is even bigger.

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is set for release on 4 October 2019. Ubisoft promises free content for the game following launch as well as a full Year 1 Season Pass that will cover all expansions coming to the game post-launch. Ghost Recon will have a large focus on endgame content such as new story arcs, classes and for the first time ever, Raids.

New features include a large emphasis on stealth as players will use their environments and camouflage cloaked in mud to advance into enemy territory to take down the threat as silently as possible. Players can also injure themselves while adventuring through the harsh environments after which you will need to tend to your wounds.

Ubisoft promises that the AI in Breakpoint is more challenging than ever thanks to the enemies being Ghost-trained which means they have skills and abilities that you do too. It seems that casually walking into an enemy compound will not be such a great idea in Breakpoint but the gadgets you have will make things easier. A rocket launcher will help take down the drones, and your very own drones will help scout out the area ahead as you plan your route in.

Ubisoft is focusing heavily on a hardcore experience in Breakpoint. Players can rest and sleep, they can tumble and fall down a hill and when they are badly hurt, they will struggle to walk and will need to find cover and heal. Enemies will also coordinate together to take you down if you are spotted so the threat is even bigger.

I love the sound of this!

So, Ubisoft is promising the sequel is everything they promised the original was going to be.

<LikeReally5>

"New features include a large emphasis on stealth as players will use their environments and camouflage cloaked in mud to advance into enemy territory to take down the threat as silently as possible."

'...camouflaged cloaked in mud...'

<Huh2>

Sounds great, if the enemies can only see in infrared.

All in on dis. Wildlands was the tits

Still play Wildlands on Tier 1 mode on the reg. So clearly I am stoked for this.

Makes me wonder what they are doing for Season 2 of Wildlands though.

So, Ubisoft is promising the sequel is everything they promised the original was going to be.

<LikeReally5>
You ruined my like-bombing of the thread with this crap post. :p

Still play Wildlands on Tier 1 mode on the reg. So clearly I am stoked for this.

Makes me wonder what they are doing for Season 2 of Wildlands though.
You're one death-wishing muchacho if Tier 1 was your jam; I still remember in that one your cliffside airdrop, platforming roll, and OHKO sniper kill. I think I reached Tier 11/12/13 and was out; nothing was better (for me) than the red shemagh and desert HTI rewards of earlier Tiers. Took Wildlands into Platinum waters and wore that shemagh into the sunset, one could say. Very much looking forward to this.

You ruined my like-bombing of the thread with this crap post. :p

The original was lining up to be everything I wanted in a squad-based shooter in a tropical environment.

But, three things sunk it -

The shealth - how the fuck a AAA-developer fucks up stealth mechanics in 2017?

Retarded AI squadmates - Not braindead squadmates, but literally retarded. If they were braindead they wouldn't move so they wouldn't fuck everything up on a mission.

Bugs bugs bugs - this was Fallout 76 before Fallout 76 was Fallout 76.

Overall, suckers that bought this on its release date bought a beta.

At 36 hours young trailer is already over 1 million views. #preach

The shealth - how the fuck a AAA-developer fucks up stealth mechanics in 2017?

Retarded AI squadmates - Not braindead squadmates, but literally retarded. If they were braindead they wouldn't move so they wouldn't fuck everything up on a mission.
So you're gonna do Weaver, Holt, and Midas like that? :D

I only experienced minor issues with their being spotted but was not playing at-launch so that may have been improved in what versions I played; perk investment also made men of them. Stealth mechanics weren't great, so I could see disappointment there.

Bugs bugs bugs - this was Fallout 76 before Fallout 76 was Fallout 76.

Overall, suckers that bought this on its release date bought a beta.
With the difference at release between Div 1 and 2 in mind, have you faith they'll do right by you this time with Breakpoint? Ubi listens, brother. They may not break moulds or reinvent wheels, but they've been doing right by fans as of late, as I see it.

With the difference at release between Div 1 and 2 in mind, have you faith they'll do right by you this time with Breakpoint? Ubi listens, brother. They may not break moulds or reinvent wheels, but they've been doing right by fans as of late, as I see it.

I'll wait for the reviews before I get my hopes up.

Yeah, Ubisoft has listened lately, but its not like they wouldn't rush a release by a pre-established date rather than delay it a few months to get it right.

I'm open to being corrected.

I'll wait for the reviews before I get my hopes up.

Yeah, Ubisoft has listened lately, but its not like they wouldn't rush a release by a pre-established date rather than delay it a few months to get it right.

I'm open to being corrected.
Fair take.

"New features include a large emphasis on stealth as players will use their environments and camouflage cloaked in mud to advance into enemy territory to take down the threat as silently as possible."

'...camouflaged cloaked in mud...'

<Huh2>

Sounds great, if the enemies can only see in infrared.

Worked for Rambo.
BrightWhiteBagworm-max-1mb.gif

Despite Bp coming out a few weeks before Hallowe'en, I wanted to bump this now ahead of Ubi's E3 presentation on 9 June. Save for anything of Miyazaki's hand, this is plainly the most anticipated title of the year for me.

The class system in this instalment reminds me of Wildland's Ghost War mode (think pathfinder, pointman, disruptor, medic et cetera), which was cool (mode being the operative word) but here speaks to co-op or MM virtually across the board as ghosts have to spec. Meh.

I like that the seeds for Cole Walker (antagonist) were sown with the Wildlands DLC released on 2 May – Operation Oracle, I believe is the name. I'll be jumping into that once I beat Days Gone. Anyone run those two missions yet? I'm pumped.

Game as I've seen it looks four-stars but there are looter-shooter qualities rumoured to be bleeding over into the GR universe. Need see more to know more but with grievances I'd previously aired about TD2 in mind, I'm wanting and hoping with this for a squarely GR experience.

RussianBadger earlier this week doing their thing:

cc: @Gregolian

Back