GIF: Eddie Alvarez with some slick boxing

Good job by Eddie but honestly I don' think Justin is like this suuuper fast punched...also he I just throwing 1 punch at a time.

There was some sick dodging by hendricks against conduit and the sickest was overeem dodging like 3 full speed strikes from badr hari in the rematch.

AliShuffleAndersonSilva.gif

you don't know what you're talking about, post your boxing resume.
Really? So basically, anybody on Sherdog with an opinion should not post based on lack of a resume?

Eddie has pro level boxing, he spars and trains with the best philly pros daily, you're a moron. Outside of McGregor no one at LW has a distinctive boxing advantage over Eddie.
Exactly my point. You told me to post my boxing resume, but you're claiming Eddie has pro level boxing... But where is your resume?

I've been rolling with black belts for 9 years. That doesn't make me a black belt. Joe Moreira is a red and white belt, and he's locked my ass well. That doesn't make me a red and white belt.

No one is denying that. Still some impressive boxing.

80% of this site predicted Justin would destroy him. Now alot of the post are what you just said.

People just want to shit on Eddie because he got owned by Conner which i think is kinda nuts. I mean when you look at Eddie resume at LW it is about as good as anyone's. Not to mention the man has won a belt in every big org he has been in Dream, Belltor and UFC that in it self is pretty nuts might of missed org so if i did correct me on that.

None of that is slick. He was fighting a fucking caveman with zero defense.

He is still sort of flawed in boxing. His weight is all on his front foot. He can't block any kicks and jabs. He leans forward too much.

boxing is slick but his speed is just not there, the dude is slow that's why Conor was able to dribble his head so ez

yah but

shertard logic

i thought alvarez was a complete scrub because conor beat him??

A desperate dive at Conors ankles would have been better than standing up and getting mauled everytime he tried to throw a punch.
Big fan of both guys and definitely thought Eddie would do better.
Conors boxing is just that much better than most MMA guys.
I think a lot of people underestimate the impact of donors phycological warfare.

Effectively "ungrounding" his opponents before the fight even starts, making them more susceptible to starting the fight foolishly.... You can observe a certain lack of focus /shookness whatever..

And yes on top of that Connors boxing skilss (and usual range/height advantage) can lead to quick ruination of top fighters like Eddie or Aldo

But please do not underestimate the phycological warfare and the effect it has

His own or Gaethje's.

This was an amazing fight and a pretty good sequence for Eddie. But, if I'm being honest, this is slow, plodding boxing. This seems to take the fight out of context & make it look like the semi-final round of the Novice Senior's division at an amateur show in South Dakota.

I heard the seniors division in South Dakota is no joke though.

They had different goals. Conor wanted to everything quickly, so he can start negotiations regarding Floyd / UFC stock, spare his pregnant wife the stress of watching him fight
Eddie wanted to embarrass Conor and to prove how Conor is a fraud. Had he fought Conor like he was just another opponent, we wouldn't see such one-sided fight. But Eddie probably loses to Conor most of the time these days
Pretty much. Aldo and Eddie had already lost before stepping into the octagon. Nate Diaz won because he didn't give a fuck, wasn't affraid of Conor and kept going forward unaffraid.

Floyd won because he held back the laughter.

Back