Gina Carano will now be part of the Star Wars universe

People not liking those characters is fine and its bullshit that they get lumped in with the people who are racist, sexist, etc.

People saying that the issue is SJW, like those characters were badly done because of who played them and not how they were written absolutely belong in that negative category.

Part of it is SJW stuff though(mainly how Poe and Holdo are portrayed) , but the main part is the director not continuing any of the themes from the first movie and ending most of them in extremely disappointing ways and a bunch of other story issues that just don't work when you dig into stuff deeper.

If you didn't like Star Wars a lot growing up and don't think about the story I could see how some people would enjoy it but it seems to be a Star Wars movie made for people that don't like or haven't watched Star Wars which is bizzare.

So what? The land her character comes from doesn't exist she could have any accent and it wouldn't matter as long as everyone else's accents from the same place weren't vastly different.
That’s not really my point

It’s just one of the funniest accents out there, that is my point mate

That’s not really my point

It’s just one of the funniest accents out there, that is my point mate

That doesn't make a movie bad though. I don't understand why that is so important to you and I don't think it sounds funny or like Borat.

Part of it is SJW stuff though(mainly how Poe and Holdo are portrayed) , but the main part is the director not continuing any of the themes from the first movie and ending most of them in extremely disappointing ways and a bunch of other story issues that just don't work when you dig into stuff deeper.

If you didn't like Star Wars a lot growing up and don't think about the story I could see how some people would enjoy it but it seems to be a Star Wars movie made for people that don't like or haven't watched Star Wars which is bizzare.

I don't see how any of the missteps have anything to do with it. Saying part of it is SJW stuff is like saying it would be good otherwise.

I don't see how any of the missteps have anything to do with it. Saying part of it is SJW stuff is like saying it would be good otherwise.

No, it's not, I said that was part of the problem, if you only fix part of the problem you still have problems.

I said what stuff was wrong specifically that was influenced by SJW stuff and if that influence weren't there some characters would have been written better with more neuance.

Holdo and Poe and some of the other stuff that seemed to suffer from SJW influence could have been better and I still wouldn't have liked the movie because it had so many issues.

No, it's not, I said that was part of the problem, if you only fix part of the problem you still have problems.

I said what stuff was wrong specifically that was influenced by SJW stuff and if that influence weren't there some characters would have been written better with more neuance.

That's an assumption, and a pretty big one imo. I understand why you think those characters would have been done differently, but nobody really knows.

That's an assumption, and a pretty big one imo. I understand why you think those characters would have been done differently, but nobody really knows.

I'm saying that the SJW influence is the reason for some of the hamfisted characters that didn't have much neuance becasue of what the people behind the movie have said. Stuff like THE FORCE IS FEMALE seems to be the outcome of SJW influence. It might not be but there are certainly reasons to think that is why certain characters were written in a certain way.

I don't think the movie was ever going to be that good because Rian Johnson's entire purpose seemed to be "subverting expectations" and not to tell a story that spans multiple movies.

Watch/listen to this rant if you're interested in the issues most people have with the movie. She goes over a lot of stuff in detail in her rants.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Great post brother.

Thanks man. For all the tears I shed over Jar Jar as a 17 year old, I was still a fan, still bought all the toys and merchandise and books and comics and collectables. I was still a fan.

TLJ took all that away.

If you're going to cry conspiracy, propaganda, overt political narratives, etc., the least one can do is explain that perspective. Nobody is asking for an hour spent typing a thesis. Just give an example or two that immediately come to mind.

Jesus Christ man.

A purple hair feminist archtype straight out of Tumblr in a thinly veiled Lesbian relationship slapping down the uppity man-splaining hot shot male pilot and proving that women are always right all along at the end even when being (seemingly) completely irrational.

The woman in charge of entire Star Wars franchise prancing around in a "Force is Female" t-shirt.

An Asian and a Black guy (because, you know, those two races are known to always hang out and stuff naturally), going on a completely ham fisted , and ultimately completely pointless to the plot, adventure that takes up valuable screen time.

The contrast between the weak, cucked white male (Luke Skywalker) and the strong, resolute female (Rey), the latter who apparently mastered the Force in less than a week's time and exhibited power well beyond anything we've ever seen even from Anakin. Hey remember that scene in Dagobah where Luke (son of Chosen one, mind you) struggled to lift that one rock? Rey can lift a hundred while a full blown battle rages around her, all after about a week of even knowing the Force exists. Why? Just because and also cause muh vergina.

Would it have been more clear to you had Admiral Holdo had a nose ring and a carried a neutered gender neutral cat in her arms? WOuld have calling her capital ship the Tumblr been too obvious?

I mean if you want to dig your head in the sand and pretend that Hollywood isn't ultra leftist and lives in its own bubble and pushes this crap down our throat, its your life, but why waste everyone else's time to explain to you the blatantly obvious?

A fair analysis. I don't think there needs to be a psychoanalysis into a female character being strong and a male character being impulsive. Characters need to have personalities to drive the plot, even if the direction is misplayed by writers and directors. The premise is a war in outer space. There are funny looking aliens everywhere. In that context, who cares about male and female and their respective roles? And why is it provocative to have women be the most powerful characters in a given movie?

It matters if its at the expense of a character like Luke Skywalker, who as a mere 20 year old took on and defeated the two most powerful Sith in the Universe, despite everyone telling him not to and it wont end well.

Now all of a sudden he's a sniveling coward?

Nevermind like so many people have mentioned already, she became a more powerful Jedi than Luke ever was in less than week removed from even knowing the Force exists.

Wonder Woman sucked and Rogue One was the only decent SW movie since the originals... although I haven't seen Solo. I've seen every other SW movie in theater, disliked Last Jedi so much that I'm done giving shitty Disney my money. That goes for the garbage Marvel movies too.

Solo was pretty good. Not as good as the excellent Rogue One, but pretty damn good.

Its a shame TLJ was so terrible it will (and has) hurt movies like Solo.

Jesus Christ man.

A purple hair feminist archtype straight out of Tumblr in a thinly veiled Lesbian relationship slapping down the uppity man-splaining hot shot male pilot and proving that women are always right all along at the end even when being (seemingly) completely irrational.

The woman in charge of entire Star Wars franchise prancing around in a "Force is Female" t-shirt.

An Asian and a Black guy (because, you know, those two races are known to always hang out and stuff naturally), going on a completely ham fisted , and ultimately completely pointless to the plot, adventure that takes up valuable screen time.

The contrast between the weak, cucked white male (Luke Skywalker) and the strong, resolute female (Rey), the latter who apparently mastered the Force in less than a week's time and exhibited power well beyond anything we've ever seen even from Anakin. Hey remember that scene in Dagobah where Luke (son of Chosen one, mind you) struggled to lift that one rock? Rey can lift a hundred while a full blown battle rages around her, all after about a week of even knowing the Force exists. Why? Just because and also cause muh vergina.

Would it have been more clear to you had Admiral Holdo had a nose ring and a carried a neutered gender neutral cat in her arms? WOuld have calling her capital ship the Tumblr been too obvious?

I mean if you want to dig your head in the sand and pretend that Hollywood isn't ultra leftist and lives in its own bubble and pushes this crap down our throat, its your life, but why waste everyone else's time to explain to you the blatantly obvious?

Sounds like you're ascribing your own political narrative but thanks for explaining how you see things, I hadn't thought of it that way.

It matters if its at the expense of a character like Luke Skywalker, who as a mere 20 year old took on and defeated the two most powerful Sith in the Universe, despite everyone telling him not to and it wont end well.

Now all of a sudden he's a sniveling coward?

Nevermind like so many people have mentioned already, she became a more powerful Jedi than Luke ever was in less than week removed from even knowing the Force exists.

He "cut himself off from the force" and renounced being a Jedi. It was an ideological stance. The movie isn't about Luke Skywalker taking down the Sith Empire. It's a new arc. The dramatic displays of power are because of the progress of CGI and the need to deliver feats of increased magnitude to an audience that's consuming a visual product.

Israeli accents are thick and hillarious, she sounds like Sasha B Cohen

This is interesting because from reviews I’ve seen and from anecdotal evidence most people shit on that movie, and her , profusely
I never know if someone is trolling or just stupid. WW was certified fresh on rotten tomatoes. It did better than any DC movie not made by Christopher Nolan.

I never know if someone is trolling or just stupid. WW was certified fresh on rotten tomatoes. It did better than any DC movie not made by Christopher Nolan.
It was shit

Certified fresh on rotten tomatoes LOL

Non of the other dc movies were remotely close to not being total garbage and this one didn’t either

It was shit

Certified fresh on rotten tomatoes LOL

Non of the other dc movies were remotely close to not being total garbage and this one didn’t either
You are confusing opinion with facts… you are a bit retarded… its ok.

Back