Give and get footwork advice

What if i study them a lot? I can ask my boxing friends how to do them a bit too, their no floyd mayweather or loma, but they can still help out a little bit.

It's more like, what you see them doing in the ring is more like an ultimate output of a larger process that takes place during all their training before the fight. To do things like they do then would basically mean utilizing similar sorts of drills, exercises, and or situational sparring scenarios with some certain set of objectives meant to more expressly target or emphasize some certain critical aspect of fighting that might be elided or underlooked in freer sparring, that their coaches use to build those qualities.

I would say it's likely that not even the coaches themselves explicitly planned or communicated ahead of time the way they move in full, rather it being in large part an organic development or emergent property of the system(s) they use.

To think about how to develop good footwork, or any other psychosomatic quality relevant to fighting for that matter, is basically to think about the construction of tests.

Last edited:
looks alot like a punch and a shift of stances doesnt it? this is something we just saw alot in the TJ footwork video.

The way i was taught is youre "darting" to the opponents rear side while throwing a cross or you can step with your rear foot to the opponents weakside while throwing a jab

It always felt super unsafe so i would usually throw an off rhythm cross while stepping/taking my head offline and then pivot hard on my front foot (or pendulum stepping) to achieve the angle. i really hope that made sense haha it feels like a more compact movement that way to me

Yeah thank you, i had a problem explaining it, i'm a physical guy and a visual learner.

I've known the bjjscout video, I was hoping that you were talking about something else with this dart step, I still prefer a double jab to this, it leaves u wide open to counters.

The way i was taught is youre "darting" to the opponents rear side while throwing a cross or you can step with your rear foot to the opponents weakside while throwing a jab

It always felt super unsafe so i would usually throw an off rhythm cross while stepping/taking my head offline and then pivot hard on my front foot (or pendulum stepping) to achieve the angle. i really hope that made sense haha it feels like a more compact movement that way to me

yeah i understand you, the move works, its ugly, but it works. lol

I've known the bjjscout video, I was hoping that you were talking about something else with this dart step, I still prefer a double jab to this, it leaves u wide open to counters.

Im with you i wouldn't suggest a lead rear unless you really know your distance and your opponents rhythm

Yeah double jab is good, a dart jab is harder to hit then a dashing double jab, but it would be fun to hit it on someone lol.

Yeah double jab is good, a dart jab is harder to hit then a dashing double jab, but it would be fun to hit it on someone lol.

The dart jab is a lot safer than the lead rear. Its basically just a hard lateral cut to the weak side while throwing out a jab

The dart jab is a lot safer than the lead rear. Its basically just a hard lateral cut to the weak side while throwing out a jab
Edit: i just realized i made a mistake typing on the post you quoted @Silver tongue samurai lol.

Then thats something i should practice. I always loved doing a double jab though it just feels really fun, and an explosive jab is something i've been practicing too.

Last edited:
Back