Glory 12 New York - Full Card (9PM EST DISCUSSION THREAD)

FRANKIE 総統;89327937 said:
You best be trolling.

Joking, right? Just in case you don't, guys in kickboxing actually punch harder since they have more protection for their hands from the bigger gloves. The force transmitted is the same as with smaller gloves, but since they have more protection, they can go all out with their shots.

No, I haven't watch a boxing/kick boxing card in a long time, but this was not the norm last time I did.

Ristie is so sharp and fast tonight.
Ya he always had hard strikes and aggression but he really tightened up his game technique wise as well as tactically tonight.

Great performances and KO's from Ristie. He suprised me.

summary of the night:

fuck Ristie for beating Petrosyan.

good night.

haha well said.
he fucked up my second favourite too. all in one night and both with knock out. i am shocked, fuck him.

Amazing performance by Andy Ristie....What a beast I honestly thought Robin was gonna run through him....It looked like Robin had no legs left after the first fight...He was totally fatigued...That being said if Risite fought like that every time I think he's gonna be hard to beat by anyone. He always had it in him but was to wild sometimes.

Damn what a weird year for combat sports...Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones (arguably), Petrosyan, Pacquiao, Saki, Ghita all losing to guys they weren't supposed to.

Lol if Bum Bum Rios beats Pac I'm gonna have a heart attack

All hail Rico Verhoeven and Andy Ristie!!

Amazing performance by Andy Ristie....What a beast I honestly thought Robin was gonna run through him....It looked like Robin had no legs left after the first fight...He was totally fatigued...That being said if Risite fought like that every time I think he's gonna be hard to beat by anyone.

Damn what a weird year for combat sports...Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones (arguably), Petrosyan, Pacquiao, Saki, Ghita all losing to guys they weren't supposed to.

Don't forget that Hunt and Hendo were KO'd, and the irony of Pettis submitting Bendo after the BJJ gi intro.

The world is ending.

PLEASE somebody shoop petrosyan and van rooslmalen with this :)

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

haha well said.
he fucked up my second favourite too. all in one night and both with knock out. i am shocked, fuck him.

Lol me to I was like fuck you after he won but, on the other hand I like his style alot....Just wished he was more consistent as he does look lackluster in some of his fights and excellent in others...Needs more consistency.

Don't forget that Hunt and Hendo were KO'd, and the irony of Pettis submitting Bendo after the BJJ gi intro.

The world is ending.

Yep next Cain is gonna lose to Werdum by flying head kick and Mayweather will get outboxed by Garcia

But damn great to see Verhoeven and Ristie burst onto the scene.....

If Buakaw wins this K-1, which arguably is the weaker tournament, he needs to fight Ristie.

Hopefully I see Petro get a rematch. He was fighting similar to his usual self, though a bit tense, in round two.

Round three was just a hungry man on adrenaline. He got the kill.

Not making ANY comparison in skill, but Ristie's speed and explosiveness kind of remind me of that of guys like Ali (esp. Clay days), SR Robinson, Demetrious Johnson, John Dodson, etc..

Fast, springy, explosive. Deadly archetype. Amplify this with range.

Seriously, need to see a Petro rematch.

Last edited:
If Ristie fights like that he will ice Buakaw...Buakaw doesn't have very good defense and his kicks would be neutralized by Risties height and range.

Both Petrosyan and Van Roosmalen need to win a few fights before they can get a rematch...

If Ristie fights like that he will ice Buakaw...Buakaw doesn't have very good defense and his kicks would be neutralized by Risties height and range.

Both Petrosyan and Van Roosmalen need to win a few fights before they can get a rematch...

Buakaw is an incredible counter-fighter and has fought bigger guys. He also seems to fight a lot more evasively now. The speed and range issues are kind of scary, though.

Ristie still seems full of youth at 31, and he has the right physical attributes and athleticism. He could afford time to improve. If his boxing goes up a notch, his division would be a bitch to fight in.

Buakaw doesn't have the boxing to fight Ristie....He would get wrecked imo if Ristie comes out like he did tonight....I don't think Buakaw beats any of the 4 guys that fought in the tournament tonight....Maybe he would beat Kiria but thats it...

Amazing performance by Andy Ristie....What a beast I honestly thought Robin was gonna run through him....It looked like Robin had no legs left after the first fight...He was totally fatigued...That being said if Risite fought like that every time I think he's gonna be hard to beat by anyone. He always had it in him but was to wild sometimes.

Hail

I would say he looks like Hitman Hearns on the rise

anyone have the gif ?

In replay, the punch didn't looked like it landed.

God dammit I didn't know this was today. Looks like I missed some crazy fights.

Back