Glory 14 Zagreb: new fights added; Ristie vs Hollenbeck, Groenhart vs Beqiri

Rollermanskunk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Today we received from GLORY the fight card for GLORY 14 in Zagreb. The card includes, besides the mainevent between Remy Bonjasky and Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic, also a Lightweight World Title bout and a Middleweight Tournament. The fight between Nieky Holzken and Marc de Bonte is postponed. A reason why the fight is cancelled is not announced by GLORY.

Below the full pressrelease:
GLORY, the world’s premier kickboxing league, today announced the fight card for GLORY 14 ZAGREB, featuring a Lightweight World Title fight and one-night, four-man Middleweight Contender Tournament, to be broadcast from Arena Zagreb in Zagreb, Croatia on Saturday, March 8th.

Airing on SPIKE TV at 9 p.m. ET, GLORY 14 ZAGREB is headlined by world-renowned Heavyweight Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic (22-7-0, 12 KOs) making his GLORY debut against fellow living legend Remy Bonjasky (98-12-0, 36 KOs). The bout is a rematch from 2002, which Filipovic won via TKO.

GLORY's Lightweight World Title is on the line in the co-headline bout as #1 ranked Andy 'The Machine' Ristie (41-3-1, 21 KOs) faces rising American contender Ky Hollenbeck (46-3-0, 23 KOs), currently ranked #5. Both fighters last competed at GLORY 12 NEW YORK, where Ristie knocked out Giorgio Petrosyan and Robin van Roosmalen to become GLORY Lightweight Tournament World Champion, and Hollenbeck defeated Warren Stevelmans by unanimous decision.

In a one-night, four-man tournament to establish GLORY's next Middleweight contender, #5 ranked Sahak Parparyan (40-10-5, 19 KOs) of Armenia battles #6 ranked Jason Wilnis (21-3-1, 6 KOs) of the Netherlands. On the other side of the bracket, American prospect Dustin Jacoby (4-3-0, 3 KOs) meets Brazilian Alex Pereira (11-1-0, 8 KOs). The Contender Tournament winner earns a spot in GLORY’s Middleweight World Championship Tournament later this year.

FIGHTCARD:

Headline Bout:
- Mirko Filipovic vs. Remy Bonjasky

Tournament Final Bout C:
- Semifinal Bout A Winner vs. Semifinal Bout B Winner

Co-Headline (Lightweight World Title) Bout:
- Andy Ristie vs. Davit Kiria

Tournament Semifinal Bout B:
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Alex Pereira

Tournament Semifinal Bout A:
- Sahak Parparyan vs. Jason Wilnis

Superfights:
- Michael Duut vs Igor Jurkovic
- Murthel Groenhart vs Shemsi Beqiri
- Artur Kyshenko vs Karapet Karapathyan
- Jahfarr Wilnis vs Mladen Brestovac
- Jamal Ben Saddik vs Benjamin Adegbuyi
- Albert Kraus vs Aikpracha Meenayothin

Source: Gloryworldseries

Last edited:
Uuuhhhhhhh........

Why the FUCK is Ky Hollenbeck getting a shot at the title?????

Uuuhhhhhhh........

yeah I agree.. he didn't look too great in his last bout, but maybe he will rise to the occasion and shock everyone

Uuuhhhhhhh........

bgv1-usa_limited_flag_gloves.jpg

Uuuhhhhhhh........

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA Spike USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

don't blame this on the american execs at Spike. Blame it on the spineless execs at Glory for not standing up to the execs at Spike and telling them "NO, we're not making a mockery of the ranking system and giving title shots to those who deserve it"

and i have said before and i will say it again: Americans don't give a flying fuck if another american is on the card. not one of my friends roots for the american because he is american. i have a black friend who picks blacks dudes to win if he doesn;t have an actual preference and i called him on it.

take cro cop vs schaub in NJ at UFC. nobody cheered for schaub and he's the american. the whole place cheered cro cop and behind faber and the shogun vs jones main event, it was the loudest response of the night.

spike is fooling themselves if they think americans give a shit if an american is in the ring. we just wanna see good fights.

looks like a solid card

I'd really like to see Bonjasky get a win, his return to kickboxing has been incredibly depressing.

Last edited:
the whole world hates america and americans. this is a fact.

the french are cowards

russians are drunks

all types of asians are sexual deviants

americans are walmart shoppers

did i get it right?

americans aren't like the japanese. yeah, the japanese cheer when you win and lose, but they turn there back on you when one of their japanese fighters is fighting a non japanese fighter.
see cro cop vs yoshida as an example. next fight against wanderkei and they love him again.

Brazilian fans. "you will die" chants for non Brazilians. complete lack of respect when i non brazilian wins. 'Nuff said...

but the Japanese fans are considered the most respectful. i guess they are, if you're not fighting one of thier countrymen. and brazilian fans are considered the most passionate and are gven a pass for thier chants calling for death. but if some army loser chants USA, its "americans are over patriotic. listen to all these losers chanting USA!!!"

American fans cheer everyone, regarless of race or backround.

everyone loves anderson silva. he destroys the american forrest griffen. cheered and respected as on of the best. until he clowns maia. next fight vs chael, silva gets boo'd. why? because he put on a shitty performance in his previous fight. not because he was fighting an american.

i could go on all day with these examples. none of you will believe it. we're all just a bunch of gravy drinking inbred racists over here...

Last edited:
don't blame this on the american execs at Spike. Blame it on the spineless execs at Glory for not standing up to the execs at Spike and telling them "NO, we're not making a mockery of the ranking system and giving title shots to those who deserve it"

and i have said before and i will say it again: Americans don't give a flying fuck if another american is on the card. not one of my friends roots for the american because he is american. i have a black friend who picks blacks dudes to win if he doesn;t have an actual preference and i called him on it.

take cro cop vs schaub in NJ at UFC. nobody cheered for schaub and he's the american. the whole place cheered cro cop and behind faber and the shogun vs jones main event, it was the loudest response of the night.

spike is fooling themselves if they think americans give a shit if an american is in the ring. we just wanna see good fights.

Exactly. I think they are overstating the importance of an American star. Sure, if he really is the best then I'm sure it helps but you can't force an American on the public as the est when he's not. It's a bad representation of the sport.

Showtime is sounding a lot more promising...

Spike tv is why. They are once again forcing shitty Americans down are throat. You would figure they would want there American "stars" to look good but are to stupid to realize they signed him up for a slaughter

so, we're going to get to see a tournament involving guys like jacoby and wilnis instead of fights like kyshenko-karapatyan, or beqiri-groenhart? thanks glory!

Spike tv is why. They are once again forcing shitty Americans down are throat. You would figure they would want there American "stars" to look good but are to stupid to realize they signed him up for a slaughter

Next up Gokhan Saki and Daniel Ghita making appearances in TNA to promote another fight WITH NO RULES

so, we're going to get to see a tournament involving guys like jacoby and wilnis instead of fights like kyshenko-karapatyan, or beqiri-groenhart? thanks glory!

Thank spike tv and not Glory they are the ones picking the broadcast

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA Spike USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

This +10000

Seriously, the contender tournament fights (parparyan vs wilnis AND jacoby vs pereira) plus the tournament reserve fight should ALL be moved on the undercard, or the "superfight series"! That would make room for FOUR fights on the main card, fights like:
Duut vs Jurkovic
Beqiri vs Groenhart
Karapetian vs Kyshenko

What the hell are they thinking? WHAT THE HELL? Those fights are infinitely better than that weak sauce tournament fights. GOD DAMN IT GLORY :icon_evil

true, but maybe they're hoping for an underdog story. but you're right, if they want an american star they should build them up and let them fight for the belts when they are ready, otherwise they will get busted up and look bad. then thats just taking two steps back.

cro cop is on the card. i can't even allow myself to care about anything until that fight is over.

Romanians love the Yankees, we"re American colony after all! I don"t like our politicians though.

Vivaaaaaaaaa Las Vegas, we want show there too for the community, what support great support we had in Chicago!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Maybe in some years this sport will increase in the United States, what was MMA at the beginnings?

Back