Glory 28 Paris

Marat gave Sittichai the hardest fight Sittichai had so far in Glory.
he did but he was also lucky sittichai had a groin injury. If you will notice sittchai didn't use his left leg kick near as much and when he did it was more for maintaining distance. He didn't have the power on his kicks he would usually have and threw less kicks in 2 fights than he usually throws in 2 rounds because of the injury. When he can fully use his left leg the next time they fight it will look a lot more like the first with marat never being able to get thru the kicks to start his combos

they were genuinely surprised he could make it this good considering his pain. he was more careful.

they were both exhausted at the end,marat as usual didn't even turn to exchange a word or touch gloves with him at the end nor during the fight....never change grigorian.
did he say anything after the fight?

they were both exhausted at the end
That's the problem with tournaments sometimes. This is why I prefer to see a fighter have just the one fight because you see them at 100%. I haven't seen it yet but heard Sittichai outclassed Davit Kiria and in the Marat fight I think he just wanted to do enough to win and coasted the rest of the fight obviously having that injury on his mind.

Sittichai had a harder first fight than Marat too. But yeah he ate more shots than against Roosmalen

Sittichai had a harder first fight than Marat too. But yeah he ate more shots than against Roosmalen

Marat had a harder first fight. He dominated but he threw like 300 strikes and ate quite some hard shots.

That's the problem with tournaments sometimes. This is why I prefer to see a fighter have just the one fight because you see them at 100%. I haven't seen it yet but heard Sittichai outclassed Davit Kiria and in the Marat fight I think he just wanted to do enough to win and coasted the rest of the fight obviously having that injury on his mind.

yeah i'd rather see single fights
tired of seeing kiria falling flat on his ass

So is andy ristie not gonna fight for glory anymore?

I remember Amrani looking good last fight, This fight he seem to rush at the start, I thought maybe nerves and he shake them off but it just got worse for him.

I like Sittichai soft spoken tell Roosmalen its KO next time.

Sittichai should fucking hire a teacher of English.

Just to speak broken english and make up for awkward post fight interviews like everyone on this card except Rico? Shit was cringeworthy.

I remember Amrani looking good last fight, This fight he seem to rush at the start, I thought maybe nerves and he shake them off but it just got worse for him.

I like Sittichai soft spoken tell Roosmalen its KO next time.
I still think Amrani is good but I think Adamchuk is a problem. Not to long ago he beat Marat at 70kg.

yeah i'd rather see single fights
tired of seeing kiria falling flat on his ass

Damn Sittichai made that fight look real easy against a tough fighter. I thought Kiria would of done better tbh. To me this was more of a dominating performance then his first encounter with Davit Kiria. Anyone can land a good or lucky shot and finish an opponent but to outclass them for the entire fight is way more impressive.

At no point of this fight was Sittichai NOT in control. If it got close sittichai clinched up and on the outside he out pointed him with boxing and kicks.

Petrosyan, Yodsanklai and Sittichai need to face each other and they need to face each other several times. I don't think people realize how competitive the 70kg division is. Kiria is a great fighter but just unlucky to be at that weight class.

I don't think Yodsanklai will beat Sittichai at this point

Who the hell were the commentary in this fight? They seemed biased and dont know how to score kickboxing.

yod and sittichai, another fight i'm afraid we will never see.
i think it could go both ways if yod is top form...still wondering what is state is right now...
on the other hand i believe giorgio would win with sittichai.

on the other hand i believe giorgio would win with sittichai.
I don't know man. If you asked me a year ago I would of said Petro but now I cant say who would win. Sittichai's boxing has gotten a lot better. I don't think Petro is as good as he was before the Ristie fight. He took a long time off and the only good fighter hes faced since being back is Enriko Kehl who gave him a close fight. Kehl is a southpaw and you can see Petro had issues with that. I think Sittichai at this point in his career including being a southpaw makes it much closer then most think.

jauncey was a good fight.
yes petro is not what he used to be,he can't overuse his left hand and over train/fight for that matter,i also think his priorities have changed a bit now now,not to say he's not training but simply slowing down a bit after he opened his own gym. for an important fight with sittichai he would prepare and focus a lot more.
5 months ago yod was untouchable but he had to stop and compromise,and so was petrosyan but things can change very quickly and also sittichai will sooner or later have to deal with a real defeat.

jauncey was a good fight.
yes petro is not what he used to be,he can't overuse his left hand and over train/fight for that matter,i also think his priorities have changed a bit now now,not to say he's not training but simply slowing down a bit after he opened his own gym. for an important fight with sittichai he would prepare and focus a lot more.
5 months ago yod was untouchable but he had to stop and compromise,and so was petrosyan but things can change very quickly and also sittichai will sooner or later have to deal with a real defeat.
In my opinion Sittichai looked better against Jauncey then Petrosyan did. I think both know how good each other is and they would both come in more prepared and focused.

Back