Glory 42 Paris- Doumbe vs Holzken

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
WELTERWEIGHT-WORLD-CHAMPION-CE%CC%81DRIC-DOUMBE%CC%81-BATTLES-RIVAL-HOLZKEN-AT-GLORY-42-PARIS.jpg

Odds out on 5Dimes.

Main Event | Welterweight Title | 170 lbs

Cedric Doumbe -105
Nieky Holzken -135

---------------

Co-Main Event | Welterweight | 170 lbs

Harut Grigorian +130
Murthel Groenhart -170

----------------

Fight Pass | Superfight Series | 170 lbs

Yohan Lidon +110
Yoann Kongolo -150

With the fights in Paris this time and Doumbe looking so good in his last two fights since he won and defended the belt, I like him to retain the championship strap against former long time welterweight champ Nieky Holzken. Nieky said he was coming for the knockout and only wanted to kickbox for two or three more years before switching to boxing in his pre-fight interview, so those comments are also a bit of a red flag for me.

Glory 42
Risk $962.10

Cedric Doumbe (+100) vs Nieky Holzken $100.00 for $100.00
Cedric Doumbe (-102) vs Nieky Holzken ~$116.85 for ~$114.56
Cedric Doumbe (-105) vs Nieky Holzken $105.00 for $100.00
Murthel Groenhart (-170) vs Harut Grigorian $170.00 for $100.00
Anatoly Moiseev (-182) vs Christian Baya ~$85.50 for ~$46.98
Zinedine Hameur-Lain (-102) vs Freddy Kamayo ~$114.00 for ~$111.76
Dylan Salvador (-139) vs Serhiy Adamchuk ~$156.75 for ~$112.77

Parlay:
Marat Grigorian (-667) vs Antonio Gomez + Niclas Larsen (-385) vs Massaro Glunder ~$114.00 for ~$51.14

^^ stepping it up i see, gl.. i kinda lost interest in glory..

^^ stepping it up i see, gl.. i kinda lost interest in glory..
Glory made a lot of good moves in 2016/2017 in my opinion with more frequent cards, a smallish but growing roster of great fighters including an influx of international fighters from muay thai and other disciplines, better distribution on Fight Pass and ESPN3 or ESPN2 and a lot of good matchups with top fighters instead of shoehorning so many low level Americans in there like they did back when it was on Spike. Plus they have a lot of good shoulder programming like interviews, video podcasts and behind the scenes on their YouTube page. I kind of feel about it like I did about the UFC in 2005 or 2006, with once a month or so fights, and a pretty steady group of regular fighters that one can become familiar with peppered in with newcomers.

On Cedric here I thought he looked great the last time these two fought although it was a split I thought he clearly won. My concern is Nik always get favorable treatment from judges I feel. I have seen plenty of his fights where I thought he lost but he ended up getting the decision. Regardless I have Cedric for about 1.25u

On Cedric here I thought he looked great the last time these two fought although it was a split I thought he clearly won. My concern is Nik always get favorable treatment from judges I feel. I have seen plenty of his fights where I thought he lost but he ended up getting the decision. Regardless I have Cedric for about 1.25u
They're in France this time, not The Netherlands so I hope the national bias if any goes to Doumbe the French champion.

Back