Glory 46 China- Rico vs Bigfoot & Marcus vs Pereira

the feed cut out for me for a bit, missed the last half of the 3rd and most of the 4th but from what i saw...it's going to be "...and NEW"

Anyone else distracted by the ''small cleavage'' of the woman at the back in the red dress.

For anyone disappointed with the SuperFight Series on fight pass...main card was a lot better so catch that on ESPN2 or wherever.

what ever the hell glory told the refs before this event they need to do every event. There has not been one single official warning for clinching or throwing and even the English ref has let the clinch last longer than the maybe 1 sec he usually does

Also I hope the 5 judges and open scoring stays for future events

Clinch rules are that you can clinch and knee several times if the knees are weak but if you throw a real badass knee you get a warning.

At one point Marcus threw 3-4 knees from the clinch and it was all cool but if Petpanomrung throws a hard knee it's a point deduction.

Anyway great performance by Alex Pereira it's really refreshing to see a brazilian get by with technique instead of sheer aggressions and toughness.

Who the fuck won between Pereira and Marcus

and HOW

i slept for 5 minutes and missed Marcus vs Pereira live <DCrying>

Clinch rules are that you can clinch and knee several times if the knees are weak but if you throw a real badass knee you get a warning.

At one point Marcus threw 3-4 knees from the clinch and it was all cool but if Petpanomrung throws a hard knee it's a point deduction.

Anyway great performance by Alex Pereira it's really refreshing to see a brazilian get by with technique instead of sheer aggressions and toughness.

I call bullshit on that. ''If the knees are weak''???????. You can clinch if you immediately come with the knee within 3 sec. That's the rule I think. It should be an active clinch so also if the ref think it's to rest or avoid to get hit he break it up. My opinion. Got proof for yours bro? Just asking by the way p>

I think the refs in general are just biased against thais and more likely to break the clinch if it's a thai clinching.

poor marcus

Y6RjzmE.jpg

9DyPfFw.jpg

I call bullshit on that. ''If the knees are weak''???????. You can clinch if you immediately come with the knee within 3 sec. That's the rule I think. It should be an active clinch so also if the ref think it's to rest or avoid to get hit he break it up. My opinion. Got proof for yours bro? Just asking by the way p>

I am to blame that I don't actually know what's Glory clinch rule. is it 3 seconds clinch, one knee? 3 seconds, multiple knees allowed?

at the same time I'm obviously being facetious but even though my quote sounds absurd, it's closrd to the truth than we'd wish.
proof is that at one point today Marcus threw 3-4 knees from the clinch but they weren't a big deal so no one cared not his opponent, nor the ref; on the other hand a guy like Petpanomrung gets a point deducted in a title fight because his knees are actually a big deal in the outcome of the fight.

awww look at him finally his well deserved 14 pics with fans....anyway he hinted at a rematch with bon. like bon was avoiding him....

Congrat Braziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil! Jamaica, just stop smoking! I really told you the Brazilians are tough dudes but I still don"t agree with the decision on Adegbuyi vs. Inocente. Anyway, well done Po Atan!

Pereira did great, but in my opinion the real king of the division is Adesanya. Belgaroui also coming big from behind, I totally know this guy from Romanian circuit (Superkombat and Respect World Series). Alex Pereira is there..

Obviously Levin wasn"t tested enough and retired with a big name. In fact, his legacy was under of Vakhitov who looks to be the real deal at the moment. Ok, Levin was still good, but not so tested. And met Artem really before. But they have been both like wonderkids of Russian kickboxing.

This Marcus is a clown. Another division destroyed by the Dutch matchmakers! Israel Adesanya beat Jason Wilnis 4 rounds. I don"t say Marcus isn"t quality, but maybe in Muay Thai. His kickboxing clinches are just insane and if you don"t finish up the opponent, you"re just getting exposed. Now I am considering the Fang Bian loss as being real with some sort of underestimation.

Congrat Braziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil! Jamaica, just stop smoking! I really told you the Brazilians are tough dudes but I still don"t agree with the decision on Adegbuyi vs. Inocente. Anyway, well done Po Atan!

Pereira did great, but in my opinion the real king of the division is Adesanya. Belgaroui also coming big from behind, I totally know this guy from Romanian circuit (Superkombat and Respect World Series). Alex Pereira is there..

Obviously Levin wasn"t tested enough and retired with a big name. In fact, his legacy was under of Vakhitov who looks to be the real deal at the moment. Ok, Levin was still good, but not so tested. And met Artem really before. But they have been both like wonderkids of Russian kickboxing.

This Marcus is a clown. Another division destroyed by the Dutch matchmakers! Israel Adesanya beat Jason Wilnis 4 rounds. I don"t say Marcus isn"t quality, but maybe in Muay Thai. His kickboxing clinches are just insane and if you don"t finish up the opponent, you"re just getting exposed. Now I am considering the Fang Bian loss as being real with some sort of underestimation.
you do know that Pereira knocked Adesanya out in Brazil a month or 2 ago in his last fight before today don't you?

I didn't wake up early enough to watch live but I thought the card was very entertaining. Pretty good first effort in China, especially the main card. Glory's production value with the lights and giant video screens and the high contrast lighting from the ring to the audience makes for a very pleasing video quality. Good graphics on screen too. The overall look is far superior to any other kickboxing promotion in terms of the visual and audio presentation. The Qualification Tournament was way more fun than expected with Kubo getting a big upset in the semi-finals. Tafa is a fun addition to the heavyweight ranks. And Pereira looked great in the main event. I thought he was going to stop Marcus after the knockdown in round 2. The ESPN 3 stream glitched out even in the replay so it was missing all of round 3 and half of round 4, but I was not surprised to see him take the belt with a wide UD.

On the SFS I was a bit baffled when they announced that Shanghai Gao had a point deducted at some point during the fight, which cost him the decision if my math is correct. Glory should start a men's bantamweight division at 63 kg or so and sign Hongxing Kong as one of the main players since his head kick knockout was amazing. I was glad to see the referee stop Bigfoot after he took that head kick from Rico early in round 2 as well as I had a lot of money on the under 1½ rounds. I guess all's well that ends well there. Hopefully we see Za Za Sor Aree again too in a fight that has a real resolution and some of the other winners like Petch make a quick turnaround as well.

I didn't wake up early enough to watch live but I thought the card was very entertaining. Pretty good first effort in China, especially the main card. Glory's production value with the lights and giant video screens and the high contrast lighting from the ring to the audience makes for a very pleasing video quality. Good graphics on screen too. The overall look is far superior to any other kickboxing promotion in terms of the visual and audio presentation. The Qualification Tournament was way more fun than expected with Kubo getting a big upset in the semi-finals.
dude you really need to start watching Chinese kickboxing like wlf,hereos of glory and kunlun before you go claiming glory production quality and look is far superior than any other kickboxing promotion. Wlf,HoG, and Klf all spend multiple times more money than glory on production and it is quite evident that glory is the subpar visual product when compared. Even the second tier Chinese promotions like em legend and heros legend have equal or better production values than glory.

dude you really need to start watching Chinese kickboxing like wlf,hereos of glory and kunlun before you go claiming glory production quality and look is far superior than any other kickboxing promotion. Wlf,HoG, and Klf all spend multiple times more money than glory on production and it is quite evident that glory is the subpar visual product when compared. Even the second tier Chinese promotions like em legend and heros legend have equal or better production values than glory.
Glory production still looks more professional imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back