Glory 46 China- Rico vs Bigfoot & Marcus vs Pereira

The overall look is far superior to any other kickboxing promotion in terms of the visual and audio presentation.
dude you really need to start watching Chinese kickboxing like wlf,hereos of glory and kunlun before you go claiming glory production quality and look is far superior than any other kickboxing promotion. Wlf,HoG, and Klf all spend multiple times more money than glory on production and it is quite evident that glory is the subpar visual product when compared. Even the second tier Chinese promotions like em legend and heros legend have equal or better production values than glory.
Depends a little on tastes I guess but yeah I don't see any way how Glory is "far superior" than Kunlun visually. Can vary a bit but the previous Kunlun event looked better than anything Glory has ever done.

Glory should start a men's bantamweight division at 63 kg or so and sign Hongxing Kong as one of the main players since his head kick knockout was amazing.
I wouldn't exactly count on Glory having any reliable access to active Sanda guys so wouldn't do it for that reason at least.

I'm not going to pretend to be have some huge Sanda knowledge but AFAIK the number of any current top level fighters actively fighting in kickboxing is 0. Kunlun and every other promotion has had "agreements" with various Sanda organizations and the end result so far has always been more or less one offs. Don't see Glory being an exception here no matter how they're saying they're special. The best guy from the Sanda side of things Glory was supposed to have on the card didn't even materialize and that dude has fought on Kunlun. Results for the Sanda people from this event also weren't too great.

Last edited:
My stream cut out in round 4 of Marcus vs Perreira. Has anyone found an online replay of that fight?

dude you really need to start watching Chinese kickboxing like wlf,hereos of glory and kunlun before you go claiming glory production quality and look is far superior than any other kickboxing promotion. Wlf,HoG, and Klf all spend multiple times more money than glory on production and it is quite evident that glory is the subpar visual product when compared. Even the second tier Chinese promotions like em legend and heros legend have equal or better production values than glory.
I started watching individual fights of Kunlun on YouTube recently. And I see that they just started posting full events on a new English version of their web site which is cool. Kunlun also has nice production values for their cards, but Glory's looks much better to me, especially the lighting. The high contrast between the ring and the background really makes the images 'pop' more and look more three dimensional on my monitor or tv screen. The absolute worst by comparison is K-1 Japan. The lighting is so completely dismal & flat and they make little effort into the entertainment aspect of their cards beyond the reality of just having a good roster of fighters and meaningful tournaments.

The absolute worst by comparison is K-1 Japan. The lighting is so completely dismal & flat and they make little effort into the entertainment aspect of their cards beyond the reality of just having a good roster of fighters and meaningful tournaments.
The last couple shows at the community arena setup have looked kinda terrible. Not the greatest looking venue for fights.

How did Perriera look in beating Marcus? I am quite surprised that this happened. I though Perreira is a straight forward opponent for Marcus.

How did Perriera look in beating Marcus? I am quite surprised that this happened. I though Perreira is a straight forward opponent for Marcus.
He looked much taller, and almost a weight class bigger too. Marcus is thick and ripped but Pereira had range on him. Mostly used his reach on the feet and threw hands as one would expect.

He was wrecking him with punches. Marcus gets exposed again for having poor boxing skills.

I thought production wise Glory did a good job here, especially considering this was a new thing for them working with the Chinese. The music choices are just bad though with the mashups and dubstep.

Whitney Miller is sensational, and while I think the commentary sounds decent from a conversational flow perspective, I tend to disagree with a lot of their opinions and don't think they add much to the excitement level. Why is Michael Scheavelo the only guy that calls accurate blow by blow play by play?

I thought the tournament was fun and I liked the title fight. Rico vs Big Foot was just pathetic however. I hope Silva got a fat paycheck to counteract that CTE enhancement. Rico has the skills and the look but boy is he cringeworthy when he tries to hype a fight on the mic.

I like the dubstep. It will make MMA fans think this is the cool fight league with fancy haircuts and dubstep.

you do know that Pereira knocked Adesanya out in Brazil a month or 2 ago in his last fight before today don't you?

Of course I know but Adesanya is class. Tactically and as boxing, Adesanya vs. Wilnis was the best demonstration of good old boxing (Ali). Only from Israel of course.

Make it happen, Pereira vs. Adesanya, and the winner should take on Belgaroui! I"m sick of Marcus as I"ve been of Holzken. I"m also sick of Dutch"s protegee Wilnis. If not, give to Marcus and Jason again these opponents. They might take the belt again, but on long term at some point the hungrier and better fighters will make them. The problem is that we will lose again two more years.

In my opinion Marcus is a Muay Thai fighter, while Wilnis isn"t as good as people think. RvR is but recently he was lazy as fuck. I"m sick of watching Adamchuk, over and over again after Varga and other bums that became champions. Glory"s FW is a joke.

He was wrecking him with punches. Marcus gets exposed again for having poor boxing skills.

His clinching is insane (one of the best in the world) but unfortunately many Muay Thai fighters have poorer boxing skills than the kickboxers. I"m not talking about Buakaw or Sittichai. Marcus also doesn"t have the leg kicks of the Thais.

Nice, I am not a fan of him anyway, was fighting dirty vs Levin and got away with it twice. It was bs.

this event had some good ko's rico took big foot apart.

Back