Glory 53 Lille

VinceF

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So lets look at glory's next event. What is there to like and dislike?

Glory 53:
Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong vs Tyjani Beztati
Jamal ben Sadik vs Jahfarr Wilnis
Zinedine Hameur-Lain vs. Michael Duut
Anissa Meksen (c) vs. Amel Dehby
Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao vs. Abdellah Ezbiri

Glory 53 SFS:
Cédric Doumbé vs. Eyevan Danenberg
Yousri Belgaroui vs. Jason Wilnis
Alan Scheison vs Mohammed Jaraya
Semifinals:
Serhiy Adamchuk vs. Azize Hlali
Victor Pinto vs Buray Bozaryilmaz

Last edited:
Seems like Sittichai will also be on the card

Sitti and Ben Saddik-Wilnis have been added yeah. Tuinov, probably, out.
Great card.

Sitti and Ben Saddik-Wilnis have been added yeah. Tuinov, probably, out.
Great card.
Cant see anything about who they're facing. Who else apart from Marat can sittichai face? Does anyone else deserve a title shot? Beztati? Jauncey?

And why is Tuinov out?

Tuinov is in a tournament on the next Kunlun card. I don't know for sure he's out but not surprised if he was.

Sitti-uation was weird to me prior to the last card already.
The fight was originally Grigorian vs. Kopri and winner of that clearly would've fought Sitti. Marat injured out and then plan still seemed to be, at least if Kopri won that he'd fight Sitti. Well that was never any kind of a sure thing and it didn't happen. I don't think Jauncey should get the title shot yet and Marat as a backup plan would be odd since they wanted him to fight Kopri before.

Having said that I'd still do Sitti-Grigorian but that should've then just been the fight to begin with, if that's what they'll end up going with now. Easy looking at it as an outsider afterwards though :p

Glory: Marat you have to beat Kopri before getting a title shot
Marat: ...

Month later...

Glory: hey j/k you get the fight anyway now following an injury and with a month less time to prepare!
Marat: ...

Last edited:
Cant see anything about who they're facing. Who else apart from Marat can sittichai face? Does anyone else deserve a title shot? Beztati? Jauncey?

And why is Tuinov out?
I think they want to build up Baztatis record a bit more, he has no business fighting for a title however. Jauncey had a good win but he needs to prove himself more before fighting Sittichai for the title. They can make a superfight i guess, but no title fight.

pretty awesome event, glory on europe always deliver.

They could Throw Elvis Gashi to face Sitthichai for the title,but no way Glory is going to do this fight outside US since he is the last hope for them to a US kickboxing be the first glory champion(no way he can beat Sitthichai but it is going to sell tickets when it happens)
If Jauncey didnt had an arm injury after his win over Stoyan i think they would give him a title shot

at this point glory LW division haves no one for Sitthichai, he has beaten the best guys easily and already defeated grigorian 3x, just throw anyone and let we watch the slaughter

One of my best friend's wedding is the same day and I gotta miss this stacked card. I will probably try to stream it on my phone :D Thankfully Pet vs Ezbiri is on the SFS which is always easy to stream.

One of my best friend's wedding is the same day and I gotta miss this stacked card. I will probably try to stream it on my phone :D Thankfully Pet vs Ezbiri is on the SFS which is always easy to stream.
no problem bro i will make a non spoiler thread of the event :)

Someone said sittichai will face Doumbe at a catchweight. I doubt it but would be interesting if true. They still haven't shown Doumbes opponent on the card. It just says TBA.

Someone said sittichai will face Doumbe at a catchweight. I doubt it but would be interesting if true. They still haven't shown Doumbes opponent on the card. It just says TBA.
Sittichai would beat Doumbe imo.

Todd Grisham said Sittichai would defend his title on glory 53 on the main event though. He can't defend his title at weltherweight??? Strange

Some rumors say Doumbe will face Eyevan Danenberg. It's featured as Doumbe vs TBA as main event at weltherweight

Last edited:
That's an interesting fight although Beztati is nowhere near Sittichais level. In a 3 round fight i would give Beztati a punchers chance but in 5 rounds i think he will struggle to survive.

Seems like some fights have been changed and added. I updated the first post.

Not sure about Anvar Boynazarov vs. Zakaria Zouggary this fight is still on the Glory site.

Beztati is probably the most overrated fighter in glory right know,but i dont care,just let Sitthichai fight with regularity at least..

Slaughter incoming :)

Back