Glory 53 Lille

Tyjani was smart going backwards all the time and circling to the left in order to avoid Sittichais strikes. If he tried pushinh forward like most dutch fighters he would have gotten finished

yeah he circled left but Sitthichai was also too hesitant to walk him down with straights to the body to mix things up to have his tall body section on the ropes with a confortable target to work in.

It looked to me like Sitthichai threw that as Beztati went down so maybe a legal blow. In boxing a little known rule is you get 20 seconds (not 10) to get back in the ring if knocked out of the ring like Bernard Hopkins was in his last fight by Joe Smith Jr..
I think ref declared Beztati down by when Sitthichai attempted the second knee, and therefore would be a illegal blow, but i could be wrong.

yeah he circled left but Sitthichai was also too hesitant to walk him down with straights to the body to mix things up to have his tall body section on the ropes with a confortable target to work in.
Well Tyjani was trying to make Sittichai attack first so that he could counter. I think Sittichai did the right thing by being selective with his shots.

Guess Glory needs to bring Robin van Roosmalen back to win for the third time against Sitsongpeenong. We all know the second fight was actually for RvR, but the third time will set the tone.

maxresdefault.jpg

Finally got a chance to watch some of the fights. Petch is easily P4P #1 in my eyes. I don't think anyone else could destroy Ezbiri like that.

He will lose against RvR again like last time with the high pressure. He better brake RvR's arm or we are going to see very different score results per round from the judges like last time. I think that Canadian ex-glory fighter said it right yesterday, if you kick the arm and RvR seems to not be affected by it it should not be considered as ''damaging''.

He will lose against RvR again like last time with the high pressure. He better brake RvR's arm or we are going to see very different score results per round from the judges like last time. I think that Canadian ex-glory fighter said it right yesterday, if you kick the arm and RvR seems to not be affected by it it should not be considered as ''damaging''.

:rolleyes:

If RvR land a counter attack immediately the scores should be even. A kick to the arm is equal to a kicl to the leg. It's not like RvR's low kicks were very effective and RvR's punches were mostly missing which means Petch scored more. PET should be able to outbox RvR this time.

This is a valid argument but the point to me is that RvR doesn't do any damage with his punches either and Petpanomrung was landing as many good punches as him if not more. Then you add a shady point deduction and it gets ugly.

It's really a clash of styles which makes me wanna watch it so bad. I think Glory will do good if they just fucking make a decision on what is rewarded as points and damaging and what not. Even the judges don't know hence the different results each time.

I think that Canadian ex-glory fighter said it right yesterday, if you kick the arm and RvR seems to not be affected by it it should not be considered as ''damaging''.
Uhh, their were kicks clearly landing to the body as well.

RVR's punches and low kicks were not affecting Pet, so should they not be considered "damaging" too?

Apparently sittichai injured his toe when he kicked Tyjani on the groin cup in the first round.

And they want the petch vs rvr rematch in the US. Should be announced soon.

Uhh, their were kicks clearly landing to the body as well.

RVR's punches and low kicks were not affecting Pet, so should they not be considered "damaging" too?

There were also kicks clearly landing on the inside leg and making it blue and red as well.

Sitthichai's kicks were not affecting RvR, so they should also not be considered as ''damaging''? Hence the close call probably, but some people just (Not all) are just Thai fanboys and refuse to see this.

Back