Welterweight Bout: Richard Abraham vs. Adam Hadfield
Lightweight Bout: Marat Grigorian vs. Liu Xu
Welterweight Tournament Semifinal Bout 2: Mark Timms vs. Dawid Blaszke
Welterweight Tournament Semifinal Bout 1: Jamie Bates vs. Tommie King

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A good event so far

The WW tournament is a "Road to glory UK"

Source:
http://glorykickboxing.com/news/gen...restovac:cb83fee0-c687-43c0-a674-d60d1b45991e

June 2 was to be Brazil but the new CEO, former UFC exec Marshall Zelaznik, didn't see Brazil being viable right now so switched to the UK. Birmingham was available. New talks with UK broadcasters ongoing.

June 2 was to be Brazil but the new CEO, former UFC exec Marshall Zelaznik, didn't see Brazil being viable right now so switched to the UK. Birmingham was available. New talks with UK broadcasters ongoing.
i think they targeted the brazil event for april or something and it all went downhill with the new CEO..

as a Fan it really sucks but he is right, GOH event in Brazil was basically free( at the event day my cousin forgot his ticket at home and they basically gave for him and for me like 10 or more tickets to invite random ppl at the streets to fill more the arena lel) and couldnt fill more than 4k chairs at a 20k capacity stadium located in one of the most movimented streets of São Paulo...

Also the GOH card was also half MMA-Half KB and even with it the numbers were low

If they want to do a Successful event in brazil it haves to be in São Bernardo do Campo(Alex pereira hometown and pretty much Brazil KB hometown along with curitiba)

Also there is the need of having Famous national MMA names in it( a Half MMA-KB event like GOH), but this time bringing a collab with some big Brazillian MMA org like Shooto Brasil or Jungle fight.

This card set up just makes more sense. Scrap the tournaments on the numbered cards unless it's something special, and put a Road to Glory tourney on the SFS to build future talent, while still leaving a few solid fights there to please the Fight Pass crowd. I think these are possitive changes that we've all been asking for and it seems to be happening.

I know Steven Wright seems to be having some pull on card formations and he mentioned on his podcast that he wants to build guys on the under card which is a smart move.

It says lightweight bout: elvis gashi vs william goldie. Never heard about them! Are they any good?

It says lightweight bout: elvis gashi vs william goldie. Never heard about them! Are they any good?
Never heard of Goldie but Gashi is pretty good. He is getting some hype because he is American, although he was born in the Balkans.

The title fights are good everything else is just meh on paper, but hey sometimes those turn out to be the best fight cards.

Just realized the Rico fight is a NON TITLE 3 round fight... eh WTF?

the first Brestovac vs Rico fight was a sleeper.

The title fights are good everything else is just meh on paper, but hey sometimes those turn out to be the best fight cards.

Christian Baya vs. Josh Jauncey looks good to me. Jauncey impressed me with his last fight. Baya will bring it like always.

Also Sugden vs boynazarov seems interesting. Sugden didnt do that bad against zougary imo.

Christian Baya vs. Josh Jauncey looks good to me. Jauncey impressed me with his last fight. Baya will bring it like always.

Also Sugden vs boynazarov seems interesting. Sugden didnt do that bad against zougary imo.
we already saw baya beat jauncey a couple months back

Lightweight Co-Headline Bout: Christian Baya vs. Josh Jauncey

Lightweight Bout: Marat Grigorian vs. Liu Xu

so they match up Marat with some 17 year old chinese no name and let Baya and Jauncey rematch, when neither of them have fought Marat. Glory really wants another Sittichai vs Marat fight.

Same with Gashi, he should fight Baya after beating Jauncey easily. weird match making all around.

so they match up Marat with some 17 year old chinese no name and let Baya and Jauncey rematch, when neither of them have fought Marat. Glory really wants another Sittichai vs Marat fight.

Same with Gashi, he should fight Baya after beating Jauncey easily. weird match making all around.
they just want to have grigorian giving another big KO over a mid level(dunno even if this kid is a mid lvl tbh)

I think they want Sitthichai vs Marat 4 too but they look to like the idea of having Jauncey into a title shot too(you can see that Jauncey lost every fight against a high level opponent but still getting big names) and even got knocked out by a mid lvl before his fight against another mid lvl highly ranked(Stoyan Koprilenski)

both of them will lose to Sitthichai again but i think Jauncey will be TKO´ed harder like Salvador was

Think it's fine if Jauncey beats Baya, if he loses it gets a little weird though. I like Baya but don't see any way you can do another Sitthichai vs Baya fight for quite a while anyway. Marat should be in Kunlun sometime in ~August so not sure if Glory could do Sitti vs. Marat till like October. Unless the plan is for Marat to smash his opponent here and rush a fight with Sitthichai on the next event and then it's Kunlun's problem if he can make an August date with them :D

The Chinese kid is like a Kunlun city hero (C level events) champ. So amateur/very fresh pro.

Last edited:
Undercard openers at 5Dimes in addition to the current main event lines:

Glory 54 - Heavyweight 5 rounds - Genting Arena - Birmingham, England - ESPN3
Mladen Brestovac +625
Rico Verhoeven -1275

Glory 54 - Welterweight 5 rounds - Genting Arena - Birmingham, England - ESPN3
Alim Nabiev +100
Harut Grigorian -115

Glory 54 - Featherweight 3 rounds - Genting Arena - Birmingham, England - ESPN3
Aleksei Ulianov -110
Bailey Sugden -130

Glory 54 - Featherweight 3 rounds - Genting Arena - Birmingham, England - ESPN3