Glory 55 New York Thread

Uhhh, my stream just changed to some guy watching WWE lol

omg what an awful fight. so much for Petpanomrung's road to stardom...

one thing is certain though - he holds the all time record for most bullshit point deductions.

Last edited:
Vannostrand can sweep and the referee didnt bitch out but not the thai...
KvN did that once though, Petch about 5+ times, i'm surprised there was no warning about sweeps for Petch..

IMO the 2nd point deduction was deserved, the first one not.. but KvN also fought kinda dirty leaning his weight on Petch in every fucking clinch, good actor

Do you think Petch beats RVR in the rematch?

Does anybody have another link? My stream changed to someone watching wwe

I had a feeling it was gonna be ugly with KVN being a tall awkward southpaw. To me Petch could have come close to finishing if he would have been allowed to continue to damage kvn in the clinch in rd 4. I didn't understand the point deduction

KvN did that once though, Petch about 5+ times, i'm surprised there was no warning about sweeps for Petch..

IMO the 2nd point deduction was deserved, the first one not.. but KvN also fought kinda dirty leaning his weight on Petch in every fucking clinch, good actor
i counted 2 sweeps by pet
the others were "sweep low kicks" who are legal

the fight was shitty because Pet let Vannonstrand be the aggressor,he had to keep calm and land mid kicks in a pretty big body section target

If Vannostrand rushes in him he just walks back kicking like buakaw used to and circles to the back of the ring,or accept that is the opponent that is inniciating the clinch and knee right in the start

low kick-mid kick-kick kick kick kick- high kick- cross- fake jab- low kick - evade, circle

Pet had a pretty bad performance even fighting against an unconventional opponent

Do you think Petch beats RVR in the rematch?

Hard to say right after this abomination of a fight. KvN did all he could to turn it into complete chaos but Petpanomrung didn't help himself either.

I believe it is literally imposible for a thai to negate a lifetime of muscle memory and fight awareness unless they've been kickboxing for several years. Petpanomrung has been kickboxing for only ~2 years and this strategy of instigating a clinch, getting kneed and waiting for a point deduction is very effective against him (not that RvR is gonna resort to that - I just started rambling).

Big on Pereira and the under 4½ rounds. Let's get that boxing going Alex!

Hard to say right after this abomination of a fight. KvN did all he could to turn it into complete chaos but Petpanomrung didn't help himself either.

I believe it is literally imposible for a thai to negate a lifetime of muscle memory and fight awareness unless they've been kickboxing for several years. Petpanomrung has been kickboxing for only ~2 years and this strategy of instigating a clinch, getting kneed and waiting for a point deduction is very effective against him (not that RvR is gonna resort to that - I just started rambling).
Petch looked good in parts, I think he won it mostly from leg kicks. I wish he would have threw more body and head kicks, but it is hard to do it when somebody just runs into the clinch every 10-15 seconds. His knees from the clinch looked like they hurt in rounds 3 and 4 too. It wasn't as exciting as his last fight, but I hope he gets the unified belt.

Back