Glory 56 Denver Thread

Damn

Haven't watched any fights yet but i trust the sherdog people about robberies morw than the judges. We all need to protest against this robbery then!
they just need to stop having fights here in America if it isn't retarded refs taken away points for stupid shit it's incompetent judges not knowing wtf they're doing.

Glory CEO Marshall Zelaznik told by interviewer Whitney Miller that she was informed by Artem Zakhitov that he probably broke his hand again in round 2. Also, he disagrees with the decision in the ladies title fight and will be looking to make a rematch.

what bothers the bottom of my sould is that the brazillian commentators literally said that they disagreed with the score but they were happy that the event gave the title to Jady Menezes

I cant believe i heard it,this is why we are at the economical the dog shit crysis that we are at now.

the corruption is epidemic in Brazil.

what bothers the bottom of my sould is that the brazillian commentators literally said that they disagreed with the score but they were happy that the event gave the title to Jady Menezes

I cant believe i heard it,this is why we are at the economical the dog shit crysis that we are at now.

the corruption is epidemic in Brazil.
At least they acknowledged that the wrong fighter won, which is better than being delusional about what happened. I feel exactly the same way as they do being happy that Menezes won having money on the fight even though the decision was absurd. It is what it is.

Did Marcus win, also a split decision in the end.

I just finished watching the main card, surprised Glunder got the decision. :D

I doubt it. Judging doesn't seem to be as much of an issue with any other kickboxing promotion. You only seem to be around when its Glory events but I watch many other kickboxing promotions and judging isn't as bad. Occasionally you get a bad decision but not as much as Glory.
WLF though :p

Well at least in K-1 we know that they intentionally rob fighters. In glory it could either be intentional robberies or just incompetent judges.

That's just your anti-Glory bias
I'm not bias against Glory. I actually prefer them to most other promotions. I point out robberies and Glory happens to have quite a few. You're not on this subforum enough to make these assumptions.

Bad judging happens just as often in MMA and boxing
I'm comparing Glory to other kickboxing promotions. You're comparing Glory (a single kickboxing promotion) to the whole of MMA and boxing. Robberies do happen in other sports but if you calculate the amount of Glory events to the amount of Boxing or MMA events you'll see Glory is worse and the first sittichai/RVR fight or the Petch/RVR fight is way worse than most bad decisions in other combat sports. There would be a huge outrage if a similar decision happened in a big Boxing or MMA event. Look how people reacted to Canelo vs GGG and that was a close fight.

the truth is that you are bias in favour of glory because you can bet on them Jim, nothing personal against you pal...

everything can be criticized,especially when it haves a real motivation to do it

well,this is a kickboxing forum as said before,organizations will be trashed the whole time,even K-1 when they do crap

Kunlun is the cleanest of the big org´s,but this year they had some bad judge decisions but still by a country mile the best.

Watching this now, guess there was lame drama with decisions. Were the fights at least good?

Good fights but those judges were obviously taking too many Xanaxs

I'm not bias against Glory. I actually prefer them to most other promotions. I point out robberies and Glory happens to have quite a few. You're not on this subforum enough to make these assumptions.

I'm comparing Glory to other kickboxing promotions. You're comparing Glory (a single kickboxing promotion) to the whole of MMA and boxing. Robberies do happen in other sports but if you calculate the amount of Glory events to the amount of Boxing or MMA events you'll see Glory is worse and the first sittichai/RVR fight or the Petch/RVR fight is way worse than most bad decisions in other combat sports. There would be a huge outrage if a similar decision happened in a big Boxing or MMA event. Look how people reacted to Canelo vs GGG and that was a close fight.
You're making my point for me. GGG vs Canelo was one of the biggest boxing matches in recent years and look at the fury from that controversy. Most people think GGG got badly robbed with the draw result. Bad decisions are in no way unique to Glory. You should see how often the UFC forums erupts in arguments after controversial decisions. If you are claiming that bad decisions occur at a higher frequency in Glory than other kickboxing promotions or any other type of combat promotions you're just going off some vague feeling not real data. Although I will say that Menezes victory was one of the very worst examples in recent years.

Last edited:
Did Marcus win, also a split decision in the end.

I just finished watching the main card, surprised Glunder got the decision. :D

I think they couldnt rob him because of the knockdowns. Otherwise he would have lost 27-30.

Dubai vs. Samedov was also crazy, same as with Spong in New York.

But this time in Denver we have officially filed for protest. Have to wait for feedback.

Combat Press 2016 Kickboxing Awards: Robbery of the Year – Yi Long k
Combat Press 2017 Kickboxing Awards: Robbery of the Year – Masaaki Noiri vs. Kaew Weerasakreck
Combat Press 2018 Kickboxing Awards: Robbery of the Year – Jady Menezes vs. Anissa Meksen

:( Get him Petro's last doctors number.

Having a flashback to Ilunga vs. Samedov @ GFC :D
Combat Press 2016 Kickboxing Awards: Robbery of the Year – Yi Long vs. Buakaw Banchamek
Combat Press 2017 Kickboxing Awards: Robbery of the Year – Masaaki Noiri vs. Kaew Weerasakreck
Combat Press 2018 Kickboxing Awards: Robbery of the Year – Jady Menezes vs. Anissa Meksen

:( Get him Petro's last doctors number.

Having a flashback to Ilunga vs. Samedov @ GFC :D

You're making my point for me. GGG vs Canelo was one of the biggest boxing matches in recent years and look at the fury from that controversy. Most people think GGG got badly robbed with the draw result. Bad decisions are in no way unique to Glory. You should see how often the UFC forums erupts in arguments after controversial decisions. If you are claiming that bad decisions occur at a higher frequency in Glory than other kickboxing promotions or any other type of combat promotions you're just going off some vague feeling not real data. Although I will say that Menezes victory was one of the very worst examples in recent years.
Never said bad decisions are unique to Glory. It just seems to happen quite often in Glory when you take into account there have only been around 60 events. The GGG vs Canelo decision was not that bad compared to some bad Glory decisions. This is not just some vague feeling. I dont really watch MMA so cannot speak on that but I have watched many Muaythai, Kickboxing and Boxing events over the years. Glory does seem to be one of the worst when it comes to bad decisions. Not just based off how many but how bad the decisions are.

Eye opening podcast from Steven Wright, who also works in Talent Operations for Glory and who was present in Denver for the Glory 56 card on Friday. He said that two of the judges at the show who were hired by the Colorado State Athletic Commission were asking him how to score kickboxing rounds because they were more used to scoring MMA and checking in with him throughout the card, which sounds highly irregular to me. Unfortunately, he also says that those two particular judges weren't scoring the Meksen vs Menezes bout which he acknowledged was a robbery. I can't help but think how terrible this looks for the Colorado State Athletic Commission and unfortunate for Glory fighters as well. It's not like this was even the first Glory card in Colorado so you think they would be up to speed by now.

Eye opening podcast from Steven Wright, who also works in Talent Operations for Glory and who was present in Denver for the Glory 56 card on Friday. He said that two of the judges at the show who were hired by the Colorado State Athletic Commission were asking him how to score kickboxing rounds because they were more used to scoring MMA and checking in with him throughout the card, which sounds highly irregular to me. Unfortunately, he also says that those two particular judges weren't scoring the Meksen vs Menezes bout which he acknowledged was a robbery. I can't help but think how terrible this looks for the Colorado State Athletic Commission and unfortunate for Glory fighters as well. It's not like this was even the first Glory card in Colorado so you think they would be up to speed by now.

they use to have Ring of Fire Kickboxing events in Colorado Duane Ludwig fought Ole Laursen and Malaipet there so it isn't like it's something new. I really don't see judges are appointed especially in title fight with no experience.

This would explain the Meksen and Ilunga decisions. How can this be? Its a professional fight event.

Back