Glory 57 China Thread: Sittichai vs. Marat Grigorian

Zaza lost? It should have been on the main card in my opinion. This Chinese woman already fought in Superkombat in the three events hosted in China and also did very well.

Yep, Marat has improved a lot over the years.

He just needs to manage his energy better. Sittichai is too high level to be caught in his rushing attacks.
Sittichai got hit with plenty of shots in those rushes, he just has a granite chin and good recovery.

@ Kanka

ZAZA! Yes, I"m watching female kickboxing for something else. They box like chickens.

QgsRlcT

giphy.gif

Of all the great female fighters Thailand has to offer, they always choose to promote the pretty ones like Zaza sigh...

There are two types of female fighters in Thailand: a legit one who fights for obscure promotions in rural regions in front of a dozen gamblers (Loma Lookboonmee, Lommanee, etc.) and the one with pretty face fighting on national TV who got put on heavy make up to fight in front of politicians and military officers.

Petch Jee Ja is sadly the only legit female muay thai fighters from Thailand to capture a national and international interest...

Of all the great female fighters Thailand has to offer, they always choose to promote the pretty ones like Zaza sigh...

There are two types of female fighters in Thailand: a legit one who fights for obscure promotions in rural regions in front of a dozen gamblers (Loma Lookboonmee, Lommanee, etc.) and the one with pretty face fighting on national TV who got put on heavy make up to fight in front of politicians and military officers.

Petch Jee Ja is sadly the only legit female muay thai fighters from Thailand to capture a national and international interest...

its because Glory has only one women weight class correct? Loma fights way lower around 110 lbs, for MT atlas. Forget what KG she fights at in IFMA but its much lower then 120+

Haters gonna hate. I liked the event. K thnx bye.

8 man tourny > 4 man. Great way to show some new figthers.

Just finished watching the card finally. It was fairly entertaining despite a lack of stoppages. Main event was very competitive, and I could have seen it being scored either way, especially with the five judges. Glad Sitthichai won for my bets though! Shame that Chenglong Zhang's spinning backfist KO was ruled an accidental foul. It's kind of splitting hairs about the glove not landing and the forearm landing when it appeared to me that the part of the glove that extended over the forearm is what actually landed on his opponent's head. If they are going to review the video every time that happens it makes throwing a spinning backfist a chancy proposition at best. I was surprised that Jia Liu was able to beat ZaZa Sor Aree so easily. They have her listed at 5'3" to ZaZa's 5'5", but she looked so tiny compared to her. I doubt she is more than 5'1" in actuality. She's aggressive though. The 8-man tournament was cool to see for a change as well even though I didn't know most of the fighters.

Uh, both Loma and Lommanee fight internationally...

Uh, both Loma and Lommanee fight internationally...
Loma's a decent MMA prospect as well having already won a fight in the Invicta FC atomweight (105 pound) division and looked really good doing it for someone who is supposedly mostly a striker.

Loma's a decent MMA prospect as well having already won a fight in the Invicta FC atomweight (105 pound) division and looked really good doing it for someone who is supposedly mostly a striker.
Still underpromoted, but good to hear that

I had it 4-1 sittichai. I gave Marat rd3 by a slight margin. While this was a closer fight than the last 3 sittichai still winning in ever facet of the game once again. He out boxed Marat again, out kneed Marat again and while Marat might have scored more slapping low kicks sittichais kicks were full power body kicks mostly which gives him the advantage in kicks as well imo

Btw Bazzoka Joe has no idea how to score as the first half of round 4 was nothing but one way traffic from sittichai yet Marat lands a couple of low kicks right around the one minute left mark and Joe is screaming the round is now for Marat
Joe does not like muay thai fighters beating his style of kickboxing at their own game lol

I had it 4-1 sittichai. I gave Marat rd3 by a slight margin. While this was a closer fight than the last 3 sittichai still winning in ever facet of the game once again. He out boxed Marat again, out kneed Marat again and while Marat might have scored more slapping low kicks sittichais kicks were full power body kicks mostly which gives him the advantage in kicks as well imo

Btw Bazzoka Joe has no idea how to score as the first half of round 4 was nothing but one way traffic from sittichai yet Marat lands a couple of low kicks right around the one minute left mark and Joe is screaming the round is now for Marat
I judged it the same way as you. I don't think the fight was ever that close. It's not that Sittichai beat up Marat in a dominant fashion, but he always controlled the fight, dodged Marats punches and had a response for everything Marat did. Yeah he outboxed Marat.

Main event was very competitive, and I could have seen it being scored either way, especially with the five judges.
I agree it was competitive but not "could of gone either way" competitive. Couple of the rounds could of gone either way but not the fight itself.

Not sure what sittichai's contract with Glory is like but maybe he should leave for a while and go over to Onefc. Give Marat and some of the other guys a chance to get the title. Better yet sign Yodwicha to Glory.

For sittichai tho unless Glory sign some more fighters there is nothing left for him at them moment. Onefc have yodsanklai and petrosyan. I just saw something on Twitter stating that Petro is exclusively fighting in Onefc from now on so we wont be seeing him in any other promotions any time soon.

Sitsongpeenong seems to have a good connection with Glory with many fighters in the promotion, so I doubt Sittichai is going to fight in some other places.

sawsing sorsopit or chommanee sor teahiran might be able to backfill the roster

Not sure what sittichai's contract with Glory is like but maybe he should leave for a while and go over to Onefc. Give Marat and some of the other guys a chance to get the title. Better yet sign Yodwicha to Glory.

For sittichai tho unless Glory sign some more fighters there is nothing left for him at them moment. Onefc have yodsanklai and petrosyan. I just saw something on Twitter stating that Petro is exclusively fighting in Onefc from now on so we wont be seeing him in any other promotions any time soon.
I'd love to see Sittichai vs Yodwicha in MT, Im not sure if Glory would allow it but in any case I kinda just assume it will never happen and be the next generation's Buakaw vs Yodsanklai.

Back