Glory 59: Amsterdam Verhoeven vs Inocente (9/29/18)

I am not even sure why people think Rico vs Hari would be that competitive. Sure I would see it but it'll start like every other Rico fight, with Hari landing some shots, Rico at the same pace he always fights, he'll lose maybe the first round, possibly the second, then he'll take over. Hari offers nothing for Rico right now, no one really does, Rico is like a lost heavyweight from a past era of greats. He fits right in there with Hug, Aerts, Hoost, etc. But then someone got to him in a time machine and sent him forward in time to fight fat, slow bar brawlers.

It's kind of sad.

Some fights he does. His second fight against Benny is the most technical HW fight I've ever seen. But there are also fights where he should just put his opponents away and fails to do so for one reason or another. His winning streak is very impressive though. It's up to the others to crack the code and get him out of there.

Absolute highlights of the evening:

Bouzidi vs Duut. l just love me some Duut. Glory should pay this guy the same amount as Rico. Not as consistent as Rico, but entertainment value is through the roof. One of the best hooks in the business. Defense and ring IQ is another story.

Groenhart vs Jaraya. Jaraya actually showed some nice defense and counter shots early on, but it didn't take long before Murthel caught him with a big shot. Lessons learned.

Van Roosnalen vs Kiatmookao. What can I say? The Thai fighter was so good it was actually boring. Robin hardly got a shot in, and this time there was no denying. Highly impressive, and the rest of the division better be worried.

So Glory 59 scored a record for most viewers in the Netherlands. The switch to an open tv channel (Veronica) seemed to have paid of.

Rico vs Guto: 1000000+
Badr vs rico: 774000
Rico vs Jamal: 366000
Rico vs mladen: 305000
Badr vs hesdy: 247000
(Source Ad.nl)

Good performance by Petch. I'd say a few more fights at 145 then he should maybe move up to 155. I want to see Petch face Petrosyan more than sittichai or yodsanklai. It would be an interesting match up.

I happened to be in Amsterdam, so I went to the event. Undercard was much better. Good venue, Ajax plays football there. No beer sold at the event, which was odd. I got last minute seats on some ticket website because American cc gets blocked on glory website. Damn near sold out event.

Marat vs RVR would be good if he's moving back to 70kg. What happened with his weight cut? Last fight he said he was fine at 65kg.

The no beer thing has a whole story behind it. There were many criminals at kickboxing events and people getting killed at the crowd and fights(outside the event). The no beer thing is kinda normal amd lowers the chances of retardness.

By the way guys. Cor said in an interview they are looking at weightclass champions fights. Sitthichai can easily destroy welterweight and even middleweight I think.

By the way guys. Cor said in an interview they are looking at weightclass champions fights. Sitthichai can easily destroy welterweight and even middleweight I think.
Sittichai vs Harut would be great. Not an easy fight for Sittichai imo, Harut has a potent mix of power and skill. Blasted out Murthel and outslicked Nabiyev.

They really should start doing cross division fights. Running out of contenders.

Destroy is an exaggeration. He outclasses his opponents at LW but it's not like he is destroying them. What makes you think he'll destroy welterweight and middleweight then? I think he can beat Harut, Groenhart, Nabiev and Doumbe, but i also think they can beat Sittichai at some point. Perhaps instead he should just move up to welterweight by putting on more mass. There is literally NO competition left in glory LW. Welterweight is definitely more competitive right now and it would make Glory more exciting imo.

Let Marat/RvR fight for the LW title, and then Tyjani, Baya, Koprivlenski could start fighting the champion. Could make for some pretty good fights.

Also there is nothing left for Petchpanomrung in FW either, but he could defend the belt a few times and move up in weight aswell.

Damn Glory really needs some more talent, because LW and FW would be quite weak if it wasn't for Sittichai and Pet.

I'd like to see Petchpanomrung against QJL, Ilias Bulaid, Wei Rui rematch, Hiramoto Ren. Probably wouldn't happen but that is like the only real opposition left for him.

Sittichais only real opposition would be Superbon, Allazov, Petrosyan and Buakaw (theoretically).

I also think Glory should add Constantino Nanga to the middleweight category. Looked pretty good against Kyshenko until he got caught.

i just watch pet match , his game plan is awesome.
teep keep robin outside , no more arm kick that not score.
no judge gonna rob this awesome gameplan yay<45>

Sittichai vs Harut would be great. Not an easy fight for Sittichai imo, Harut has a potent mix of power and skill. Blasted out Murthel and outslicked Nabiyev.

They already asked Sittichai if he wants to move up to WW after his last fight. He basically said hell no, he can easily make 67Kg.

They really should start doing cross division fights. Running out of contenders.

Or try resigning some former p4p #1 fighter, or some other decent 70 kg fighers. Glory roster getting stale.

Honestly Glory should have a group on social media where some of the active members from this forum amd other kickboxing fans can contribute with ideas for future events. I really think it would benefit Glory. Maybe all our ideas don’t make sense from a financial/legal perspectivo but since we aren’t restricted to those things, it’s easier to think outside the box. We don’t all agree on things and that usually creates good discussions and ideas.

@Mafanoe @Julius_Caesar @Snubnoze707 @Shadess @Yodsanan @UWanaPlayDaGame @SuperLuigi @JimGunn @ichibang

I wouldn't be shocked if Glory execs check this forum out from time to time.

Remember that Thai video we were featured in <45>

Glory is competing with like 6 other organisations for access to top tier talent. They need to focus the scope of the organsation. Them being the UFC of kickboxing isn't financially viable for them anymore.

Glory is competing with like 6 other organisations for access to top tier talent. They need to focus the scope of the organsation. Them being the UFC of kickboxing isn't financially viable for them anymore.
But they need competitive divisions. Sittichai vs Marat V doesn’t make sense either

And well... if all the other good fighters in other organizations are unavailable, they could bring in Tawanchai. I think he could be a very good kickboxer and he is quite tall i think with time he could beat both Petchpanomrung and Sittichai. They do need someone that can threaten the champs and i don’t see the dutch gyms producing any fighter of that caliber anytime soon. I’m guessing they’ll put Sittichai vs Beztati where Sittichai will win by decision again. I really don’t know who deserves to fight Petchpanomrung for the title fight right now.

And well... if all the other good fighters in other organizations are unavailable, they could bring in Tawanchai. I think he could be a very good kickboxer and he is quite tall i think with time he could beat both Petchpanomrung and Sittichai. They do need someone that can threaten the champs and i don’t see the dutch gyms producing any fighter of that caliber anytime soon. I’m guessing they’ll put Sittichai vs Beztati where Sittichai will win by decision again. I really don’t know who deserves to fight Petchpanomrung for the title fight right now.

Isnt sittichai fighting Josh jauncy?.

Back