Glory 59: Amsterdam Verhoeven vs Inocente (9/29/18)

I can see a journalism student making an interim somewhere getting tackled with the task of "scouting the internet" for Glory. But if it's not someone who's really into kickboxing imagine what will get back to the bosses:

Interim: There are a couple of guys clamoring that we sign more thai fighters to dominate the lower weight divisions even more...

Bosses: lol

Interim: ... and a crazy romanian guy who thinks all good things in life are related to Romania.

some people that work on glory visits F42 i think...

what i believe is that people that work on chinese orgs visit here( especially WLF when they discovered Liverkick-Combat press rankings and became desperately obsessed with it lol)

well,its a fact that we made a role in some thai internet media with the Tenshin vs Rodtang comments, the biggest shot of glory of this subforum, the proclamed western kickboxing experts :oops::oops::oops::oops:

if an some random thai media can come and get info from us,some dutch-american employees from glory

Don't mean to take anything away from Pet but didn't look like RvR cared that much either. If he couldn't keep the title and they're pushing him back to 70kg I guess that is somewhat understandable though.
Maybe he didn't care about the belt knowing he was moving up anyway but I'm sure he cared about losing. You could even say he came in over weight to have a slight edge over Petch because getting a win over Petch is more important than the belt.

What channel was the main card on in the US because I looked
on ESPN at 3:30 as advertised on the Glory website instead it was
college football highlights.

Maybe he didn't care about the belt knowing he was moving up anyway but I'm sure he cared about losing. You could even say he came in over weight to have a slight edge over Petch because getting a win over Petch is more important than the belt.

Well van Roosmalen doesn't have any special flair or magic skills to rely on he's all about grit and toughness so if he starts "not caring much" he will become a below average 70kg'er.

I'm expecting some form of excuse though 'cause he sure got his ass kicked by Petpanomrung.

He went in there with a weight advantage and got embarrased. There should be no excuses.

What channel was the main card on in the US because I looked
on ESPN at 3:30 as advertised on the Glory website instead it was
college football highlights.
It was on ESPN3 or WatchESPN.com, not ESPN on tv.

No beer sold at the event, which was odd.

Yes I also ran into that surprise last time I went to see Glory in Amsterdam. I queued half hour for a fresh beer (the queue was insane), only to find out that they don't serve alcohol in the arena to avoid troubles (there's been mad fights with dozens of people at Kickboxing events in the past). This no-alcohol experience was at Glory 26 when it was at the RAI though, which in perspective is hilarious as I've been to rave parties several times at Amsterdam RAI and was completely off my face.

The sport of Kickboxing was damn near shut down in Amsterdam as a result of all the crime connections. While I find the proposition of no beer at a fight event horrifying, it's probably for the best to get the sport back into the mainstream. A drunken Hell's Angel fight with a stabbing would kill the sport.

I wouldn't be shocked if Glory execs check this forum out from time to time.

Remember that Thai video we were featured in <45>
I've noticed some of their past signings have come after we start talking about the fighter on here. Might just be a coincidence but probably not considering how small the online kickboxing community is.

Did you see his backstage interview after the fight? He was like "Ya I had a bad weight cut so I couldn't fight so I basically gave the belt to Petch as a present." lol He is like a WWE heel.

Good performance by Petch. I'd say a few more fights at 145 then he should maybe move up to 155. I want to see Petch face Petrosyan more than sittichai or yodsanklai. It would be an interesting match up.
You can tell he's bulked up but he's still too small to be fighting those guys I think. He was small for the division before, now with the added mass he's a good size.

if all the other good fighters in other organizations are unavailable, they could bring in Tawanchai. I think he could be a very good kickboxer and he is quite tall i think with time he could beat both Petchpanomrung and Sittichai.

I'm not sure about the size issue but I'd guess that at least at 145 Tawanchai could come in and dominate similar to what Petpanomrung and Sittichai do. he's already much better than Sittichai has ever been in the stadiums and he's got that slick style where I can't see the K-1 style brawlers touching him. the boy is really good.

Glory needs to sign some Japanese fighters. Is T-98 still on the market?

Glory needs to sign some Japanese fighters. Is T-98 still on the market?

He recently defended the honor of muay thai and beat former ufc fighter katsunori kikuno. Get on it glory...

You can tell he's bulked up but he's still too small to be fighting those guys I think. He was small for the division before, now with the added mass he's a good size.
I think he stands around the same weight of sittichai.

I'm not sure about the size issue but I'd guess that at least at 145 Tawanchai could come in and dominate similar to what Petpanomrung and Sittichai do. he's already much better than Sittichai has ever been in the stadiums and he's got that slick style where I can't see the K-1 style brawlers touching him. the boy is really good.
What about Rittewada? Although I'm not sure about his chin. Heard several years ago he suffered from a few back to back KO's.

Someone I think they should try out in Glory is Yodwicha. Not even sure what Yodwicha is up to? He's been a little quiet.

Back