Glory 62 Rotterdam: Heavyweight Tournament

Adegbuyi didn"t seem to be out, but in fact he checked his nose several times. And Ben Saddik was smart to hit him on the nose, Adegbuyi didn"t understand at all the hand of Ben Saddik is in seriously badly condition? What did Krauweel? He had time to shout.

Anyway, Glory could have brought back K-1 back, but only 2 great fights per night are not enough.

Wasn't the greatest tournament lineup but that was still pretty good and more meaningful than random 4-man's.

Maybe they could do one at 70kg next. Sitti has nobody to really fight either similarly to Rico. Just keep doing these in that kind of divisions.
Well, Inocente didn"t bring anything. Ben Saddik had clear brackets. Maybe Glory could even consider dropping him.

I am sorry for Adegbuyi but 3-4 years of #2 is still great, it"s also time for a younger and talented fighter. Sometimes will also end Rico"s legacy. Adegbuyi won 3 contender tournaments, in UFC he would have been 1-2 times champion already.

We had 2 great fights though. I would prefer 5 great fights, instead of the 2 parts. But this is the way Glory is milking money like the UFC.

Ben Saddik looked hungry and great, not like "Big Mouth" Badr. Plus pretty humble nowadays.

I am still disappointed with the tactics of his opponent. Bye!

PS: Ben Saddik won 150,000 dollars.

We had 2 great fights though. I would prefer 5 great fights, instead of the 2 parts. But this is the way Glory is milking money like the UFC.
I missed the first hour of the main card, but did see the SFS and remainder of the tournament and I saw more than just 2 good fights. Hamicha headkick KO, Menshikov's concrete hands, Grigorian's performance, Wilnes vs Adegbuyi, Tavares vs Gorlov, JBS destroying Adegbuyi.

Pretty solid show IMO.

Well, they aren't profitable so they should try and make all the money they can.

in UFC he would have been 1-2 times champion already.
No. Not a single Romanian has ever been successful in MMA, and the only Romanian that made into UFC that i know of was a chick and she went 0-2 and got cut. No reason to believe Adegbuyi would've been successful, specially considering the close fight in which he lost to Guto, who went 0-2 in UFC and was a bum while competing at MMA.

Last edited:
No. Not a single Romanian has ever been successful in MMA, and the only Romanian that made into UFC that i know of was a chick and she went 0-2 and got cut. No reason to believe Adegbuyi would've been successful, specially considering the close fight in which he lost to Guto, who went 0-2 in UFC and was a bum while competing at MMA.

You obviously don't know anything about the power of Romania. Ghita is goat, Adegbuyi is the second coming and the Stoica bros. are the next best thing. Any romanian that joined the UFC would become champion by default.

I thought Baya did pretty well. At least better than expected.
Baya did OK, but Marat clearly won. All the glory people talk about his enormous power, but his punches are rather kind of slow and he fails to set them up succesfully in order to land clean shots. He also looks a bit unstable on his feet compared to Marat who is composed all the time even when he gets hit.

You obviously don't know anything about the power of Romania. Ghita is goat, Adegbuyi is the second coming and the Stoica bros. are the next best thing. Any romanian that joined the UFC would become champion by default.
inb4 that guy tries to sell Sandu Lungu as a legit great heavyweight :rolleyes:

I think he was talking about adegbuyi being a contender for a long time but not fighting for the title(for obvious reasons),Comparing to a guy on UFC that is a title contender for the same ammount of time

I was talking as system, mate, UFC don"t make paper champions (The HW division in UFC alternated champions.). In the US they robbed Adegbuyi for the odds, Guto was 9, but I do agree it was a close fight (it"s impossible not to have bad days also in the career; Weidman for example, he never recovered because of a bad day in my opinion).

MMA is not even developed fantastically in Romania and whole Europe. I personally don't even want more guys to go to MMA/boxing instead of kickboxing. Hardly even a Russian was successful in the UFC. MMA is not for Europe, not even in Russia isn"t that bought anymore. Great Britain now focuses on boxing.

The HW division in UFC alternated champions like I said.

I think he was talking about adegbuyi being a contender for a long time but not fighting for the title(for obvious reasons),Comparing to a guy on UFC that is a title contender for the same ammount of time

As a system, are you all crazy? Don"t you already know me, how many fighting sport knowledges I have? Logically I wanted to say something else.

Last edited:
Back