Glory 9: New York - Official Discussion Thread - June 22 / 8 PM ET - LIVE

http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/news/282

Official statement from Glory about the early stoppage. While i do agree this is the normal statement a company should have, we both (fans and Glory) know that this is mandatory bullshit that have to be spewed for the masses. And while i'm pretty sure they won't kick Mufadel out, at least degrade him from the position of "main Glory referee", for the good of ALL of us!

Rematch would be great, maybe next year in Germany. We don`t know such stopping rules. I never heard of it. And a single match we have a solid base...

But we also analyzed all fights and have drawn some conclusions and strategies of it. Mainly on the physical base. Stay tuned to see Danyo perform at another level in a few month.

Everything happens for a reason....

Frank, was n't Glory supposed to have an event in Germany 2 years ago? Cologne or some other place close to the Dutch border? Do you think Germany is ready for Glory? Do you think KolnArena/Lanxess Arena would be a great venue to host a Glory-event?

http://www.gloryworldseries.com/en/news/282

Official statement from Glory about the early stoppage. While i do agree this is the normal statement a company should have, we both (fans and Glory) know that this is mandatory bullshit that have to be spewed for the masses. And while i'm pretty sure they won't kick Mufadel out, at least degrade him from the position of "main Glory referee", for the good of ALL of us!

Yeah...a referee can see things that we cannot see...
What's it? An order from US committee to stop the fight after first knockdown?
The fact that guarding yourself from punches is not intelligently defending yourself?

It seems like viewers see things that this ref cannot see...

Before rematch, please fire the ref.

great event! I watched it live and there were some very good fights.
I was really surprised too by the stoppage in the final. The referee should have counted Danyo Ilunga if he thought he was in trouble, but not disqualify him like he did. He was still protecting himself as much as he could and didn't seem unconscious.
Like some of you mentioned, it does make it look like Glory wanted Spong to win, even though it's probably not the case.

Glory events are really good, but it's not the first time there are some problems with the refereeing / early stoppages. Hope they sort it out...

Fantastic event, so glad I made the trip down especially considering I might not have the chance to see something like this for quite a while. Joe is a beast, its awesome we have such a good fighter from our gym! I though that McKinnon should have won, and I don't see how two judges had all 3 rounds for Verhoeven, as Errol clearly took the first. Oh also got to meet the fight professor and Zimmerman :D

fkqjdg.jpg

2nro7yu.jpg

Do you think KolnArena/Lanxess Arena would be a great venue to host a Glory-event?

Way too big, you could draw maybe 7500 viewers at best. Mitsubishi Electric Hall, would be an option, closer to the Netherlands and packed with approx 6000 people.

Even my girlfriend that doesn't know much about kickboxing was like "Why the fuck did they stop that!?"

I'm certain that Spong would have won but you have to give Danyo the chance to fight and even if he got KOed it would have been a growing experience for him fighting in a tournament final.

They really need to get ref situation figured out at Glory because it seems like every important fight is tainted by shitty refs. Glad Joop is gone now this fuck needs to be handled. It sucks ending what was otherwise a fantastic event on a sour note.

And for the love of god please stop letting that Kevin Bacon burn victim looking motherfucker do awkward shirty question post fight interviews...

And for the love of god please stop letting that Kevin Bacon burn victim looking motherfucker do awkward shirty question post fight interviews...

you're right, some of his questions were quite annoying.
Like asking them every time what's their strategy for the next fight in the tournament. Does he really think a fighter will tell his strategy like that before the next fight? wtf?

"Daniel, you always KO with your legs. How does it feel for once to get a left hook KO?"

Daniel:
wtfjackie.jpg

Brice Guidon Glory 9: New York - 2013 95kg Slam New York City, New York, USA KO (left hook)
Brian Douwes Siam Gym Belgium presents It's Showtime 56 Kortrijk, Belgium KO (Left Hook)
Hesdy Gerges It's Showtime 2012 in Leeuwarden Leeuwarden, Netherlands KO (Left Hook)
Erhan Deniz BFN Group presents: It's Showtime Warsaw Warsaw, Poland KO (Left Hook to the Body)
John Love K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Tokyo Final 16 Qualifying GP Tokyo, Japan KO (Left hook)
Freddy Kemayo Local Kombat 29 Arad, Romania KO (Left hook)

Is this guy even researching the stuff he is working on? What the hell?

Mufadel is ... well, mufadel. Let's just be grateful that half (or even more than that) of the evil is gone. You know what i mean.

Randy was out of gas in the 3rd, he was clinching a lot. He did win convincingly though.

Should have been 28-28

Plus Mufadel should be banned. Other official said after this fight and another fight Mufadel should have at very least given a warning w the new rules to Blake...

Way too big, you could draw maybe 7500 viewers at best. Mitsubishi Electric Hall, would be an option, closer to the Netherlands and packed with approx 6000 people.

Glory always uses alot of space for their equipment on the main floor. In Istanbul they used a third of the capacity to have the entrance stage, the ring and the LED board setup. So if you have a venue of 6000 seats (incl. the main floor) you can decrease the capacity with at least 2000 seats. KolnArena got a capacity of 18.000 seats minus 6000 seats (Glory's setup) you will have 12.000 seats left. With the Dutch fans eager to wait for a big Glory-event in their neighbourhood I am sure Glory will attract at least 10.000 spectactors in Germany (close to the border) mostly spectators from Holland

The Amsterdam Arena It's Showtime event from the past attracted 18-20.000 spectators

"Daniel, you always KO with your legs. How does it feel for once to get a left hook KO?"

Daniel:
wtfjackie.jpg

Brice Guidon Glory 9: New York - 2013 95kg Slam New York City, New York, USA KO (left hook)
Brian Douwes Siam Gym Belgium presents It's Showtime 56 Kortrijk, Belgium KO (Left Hook)
Hesdy Gerges It's Showtime 2012 in Leeuwarden Leeuwarden, Netherlands KO (Left Hook)
Erhan Deniz BFN Group presents: It's Showtime Warsaw Warsaw, Poland KO (Left Hook to the Body)
John Love K-1 World Grand Prix 2009 in Tokyo Final 16 Qualifying GP Tokyo, Japan KO (Left hook)
Freddy Kemayo Local Kombat 29 Arad, Romania KO (Left hook)

Is this guy even researching the stuff he is working on? What the hell?

LOL, I thought exactly the same thing. Obviously that guy doesn't know much about Ghita.

Steve Mckinnon got robbed in both his glory fights he had a chance over Spong for sure.

random question, anyone know what size gloves these guys use when they're competing?

Back