Glory: Collision - Rico Verhoeven vs. Badr Hari

Brick Top

Yellow Swag
Banned
Reaction score

Can't wait for this fight. What do you guys think the odds will be? I honestly have no idea.

Rico will probably favoured, maybe like -200?

I'd be more excited for this if UFC wasn't trying to charge me 40 bucks to watch it

Very excited for this as well, have to be since im Dutch! I'd say Verhoeven opens as a favorite as well.

We don't always get Glory lines, but hope we do in this case. Don't like that they're making the top third of this card a PPV on Fight Pass.

LMFAO! @ paying to watch combat sports in 2016
I'll usually buy most the UFC PPVs, but i'm not spending money on this one fight im excited for. Not that much at least.

Fucking brits and your BT Sport 2, lucky.

We don't always get Glory lines, but hope we do in this case. Don't like that they're making the top third of this card a PPV on Fight Pass.
We will, it's their biggest fight ever

Odds prediction?

I kinda want Badr Hari to win just because he's such a badass

He said in the countdown he's not really trained for a fight in years but has for this one hard. He's in amazing shape

I'll usually buy most the UFC PPVs, but i'm not spending money on this one fight im excited for. Not that much at least.

Fucking brits and your BT Sport 2, lucky.
I don't even watch BT Sport, they don't show walkouts etc and always fuck up (on 205 they cut out most of Conor's post fight speech by accident)

Illegal 1080p streams ftw

Hari is an incredibly talented and exciting offensive fighter, but an absolute pos human being, unless you think, arsony, beating and cheating on your girlfriends, criminal ties, harassment, throwing glass bottles at waitresses' heads over nothing, beating up non-fighters within an inch of their lives, committing intentional fouls throughout his career, and never taking responsibility for ANYTHING and making the same mistakes over and over again is something that's cool and admirable in a person. I'll never root for that kind of guy to win. He's a sociopath that's gotten away with way too much just because society thinks it comes with the territory of being a famous prize-fighter.

On another note, I'd keep talk about all the 'alternative' ways you can view fights to a minimum, better be safe than sorry.

Hari is an incredibly talented and exciting offensive fighter, but an absolute pos human being, unless you think, arsony, beating and cheating on your girlfriends, criminal ties, harassment, throwing bottles at waitresses' heads, beating up non-fighters within an inch of their lives, intentional fouls throughout his career, and never taking responsibility for ANYTHING and making the same mistakes over and over again is something that's cool and admirable in a person. I'll never root for that kind of guy to win.

On another note, I'd keep talk about all the 'alternative' ways you can view fights to a minimum, better be safe than sorry.
I don't see the problem. Those things aren't THAT bad. If he was a SJW that would be worse.

I will definitely be on Badr if hes something like +200. Rico is nice, but hes hittable once you get by that jab and kicks.

Hari is an incredibly talented and exciting offensive fighter, but an absolute pos human being, unless you think, arsony, beating and cheating on your girlfriends, criminal ties, harassment, throwing glass bottles at waitresses' heads over nothing, beating up non-fighters within an inch of their lives, committing intentional fouls throughout his career, and never taking responsibility for ANYTHING and making the same mistakes over and over again is something that's cool and admirable in a person. I'll never root for that kind of guy to win. He's a sociopath that's gotten away with way too much just because society thinks it comes with the territory of being a famous prize-fighter.

Yeah I get all that but when he says Rico has zero chance of winning in that badass Bond villian voice, I get excited. I'm a slut, I can't help it

Last edited:
I don't see the problem. Those things aren't THAT bad. If he was a SJW that would be worse.

I will definitely be on Badr if hes something like +200. Rico is nice, but hes hittable once you get by that jab and kicks.
  • 20 February 2010 Club Blinq. The bouncer of Club Blinq is assaulted by several perpetrators one of which is said to be Hari.[73][80]
  • 6 maart 2010 Albert Cuyp Market. Hari drives his car into the Albert Cuyp Street, which was closed to vehicle traffic, and has an accident with a pedestrian severely injuring her leg.[73]
  • 1–29 July 2011 Spuistraat. Hari is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend Rosa in her apartment in Spuistraat and the destruction of her property.[73][81]
  • 17 July 2011 Club Air. Jeroen van de Berg, the owner of the Club Air and an Italian guest are assaulted. Jeroen suffers serious damage to his teeth due to a kick to the head.[73][82]
  • 2 December 2011 Cooldown Cafe Hari is caught on camera in "The Cooldown Cafe" assaulting Olivier, the stepbrother of his ex-girlfriend.[73]
  • 8 July 2012 Sensation White, Dutch millionaire entrepreneur Koen Everink is severely assaulted at a dance event in the Amsterdam Arena. Everink suffered a broken nose and eye socket and a broken ankle, which required several surgical procedures.[83] The public prosecutor stated that numerous witnesses have pointed the finger at Hari.[84]

And these are the more well-known cases, a lot of cases have been hushed because he's got dangerous friends. Koen Everink almost lost his leg because Badri is so short-tempered and was so savage in his beating, and this has been a recurring theme in his life. With Rosa, he beat the shit out of her and legkicked her. I seriously don't understand how you can say this is excusable. If feeling strongly about that makes me a SJW, so be it.

• 20 February 2010 Club Blinq. The bouncer of Club Blinq is assaulted by several perpetrators one of which is said to be Hari.[73][80]
  • 6 maart 2010 Albert Cuyp Market. Hari drives his car into the Albert Cuyp Street, which was closed to vehicle traffic, and has an accident with a pedestrian severely injuring her leg.[73]
  • 1–29 July 2011 Spuistraat. Hari is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend Rosa in her apartment in Spuistraat and the destruction of her property.[73][81]
  • 17 July 2011 Club Air. Jeroen van de Berg, the owner of the Club Air and an Italian guest are assaulted. Jeroen suffers serious damage to his teeth due to a kick to the head.[73][82]
  • 2 December 2011 Cooldown Cafe Hari is caught on camera in "The Cooldown Cafe" assaulting Olivier, the stepbrother of his ex-girlfriend.[73]
  • 8 July 2012 Sensation White, Dutch millionaire entrepreneur Koen Everink is severely assaulted at a dance event in the Amsterdam Arena. Everink suffered a broken nose and eye socket and a broken ankle, which required several surgical procedures.[83] The public prosecutor stated that numerous witnesses have pointed the finger at Hari.[84]
And these are the more well-known cases, a lot of cases have been hushed because he's got dangerous friends. Koen Everink almost lost his leg because Badri is so short-tempered and so savage in his beating, this wasn't a little shove, and this has been a recurring theme in his life. With Rosa, he beat the shit out of her and legkicked her.
I've had to leg kick plenty of gfs. There are times they do dumb things, like expect me to miss UFC to spend time with them, how else are savage men like Badr and I suppose to let them know thats never gonna happen?

But yeah, in all seriousness hes a crazy psycho

And these are the more well-known cases, a lot of cases have been hushed because he's got dangerous friends. Koen Everink almost lost his leg because Badri is so short-tempered and was so savage in his beating, and this has been a recurring theme in his life. With Rosa, he beat the shit out of her and legkicked her. I seriously don't understand how you can say this is excusable.
Badr_Hari_0106120975-Badr-met-zonnenbril1-620x310.jpg

There was this vid, still from this year I believe, where he and his posse walked up to some hotel receptionist and started repeatedly slapping him in the face for no apparent reason, really pissed me off too. Again, it's been a recurring theme to his life, no one should come to his defense regarding his behavior. There's also been lot of tension regarding Turkish/Moroccan and Islamic people in our country for many years, so it's all a pretty loaded subject.

I am really looking forward to the fight though.

There was this vid, still from this year I believe, where he and his posse walked up to some hotel receptionist and started repeatedly slapping him in the face for no apparent reason, really pissed me off too. Again, it's been a recurring theme to his life, no one should come to his defense regarding his behavior.

I am really looking forward to the fight though.
In all seriousness, he's clearly a terrible person. I don't really care though. It just makes me more excited to see him fight. His whole demeanour is very Clubber Lang + bond villian-ish, he's a monster.

In all seriousness, he's clearly a terrible person. I don't really care though. It just makes me more excited to see him fight. His whole demeanour is very Clubber Lang + bond villian-ish, he's a monster.
It's no doubt a part of the appeal. I (reluctantly) feel the same way, he manages to generate tons of excitement and interest.

It's kinda funny though, the Dutch media usually never cares about kickboxing or mma, but they will put Hari on the front page. Oh, and when Overeem had his title shot, they had a small article about it in the sports section. Overeem was also invited to a one of our bigger national tv talk shows prior to the title shot, at the same table as Max Verstappen and a bunch of other guys. It was pretty gratifying to see as a fan. Overeem did a really good job representing himself and explaining the sport to the layman.

Last edited:
We will, it's their biggest fight ever

Odds prediction?

I kinda want Badr Hari to win just because he's such a badass

He said in the countdown he's not really trained for a fight in years but has for this one hard. He's in amazing shape

Hari KO, 2 round.
Obligatory, from this:

Badr_Hari.jpg

I'd be more excited for this if UFC wasn't trying to charge me 40 bucks to watch it

Oh man don't even get me started. I am so anti-fightpass. A streaming service is such a good idea ala netflix. I just have no patience for being nickel and dimed along the way.

I exclusively use alternative viewing methods (AVM). I have begun looking into something called Jellybean that is legal in Canada and I have heard good reviews.

I am also excited for the GLORY card coming up. I have started to really dig Muay Thai and kickboxing more...gonna be great!

Back