Glory FW

I think Petpanomrung is more skilled than any active fighter in kickboxing right now. How do you guys think he will handle the size difference? He is moving up like 7 lbs and some of the guys in FW are pretty big.
i don't expect he will look undersized. He might have been fighting at a lower weight but he was also cutting much more weight than most kick boxers do. He probably walks around just over 150 so i really doubt it will be a problem. Also he has a massive clinch advantage over any kick boxers so even if they did try and use a size advantage they are just going to eat knees left and right. I don't expect him to fight in glory until the bangkok event thou in early 2017

i don't expect he will look undersized. He might have been fighting at a lower weight but he was also cutting much more weight than most kick boxers do. He probably walks around just over 150 so i really doubt it will be a problem. Also he has a massive clinch advantage over any kick boxers so even if they did try and use a size advantage they are just going to eat knees left and right. I don't expect him to fight in glory until the bangkok event thou in early 2017
Adamchuk looks like he could fight in 70 kg

He's about Kaew's size isn't he? I think he'll be small compared to someone like Adamchuk or Varga but I don't think it will be a big issue.

He's about Kaew's size isn't he? I think he'll be small compared to someone like Adamchuk or Varga but I don't think it will be a big issue.
I'm sure Kaew is bigger than Petpanomrung. Kaew was fighting at 138 lbs back in 2011. He looks a bit bigger now but still one of the smaller guys in FW.

Matt Embree taking over the entire division world wide. Varga/Embree two of the very best the stand up world has to offer....CANANOTADA WAIT

Matt Embree taking over the entire division world wide. Varga/Embree two of the very best the stand up world has to offer....CANANOTADA WAIT
Unfortunately half the division only fights in Japan.

And apparently the other half is now Chinese going by some rankings haha.
The only Chinese guys I would put in the top 10 are Qiu and that guy who won the Kunlun tournament. Varga went to China once I think so hopefully we will get to see him fight them. Especially that crazy Kunlun guy with 3 KOs in one night.

The only Chinese guys I would put in the top 10 are Qiu and that guy who won the Kunlun tournament. Varga went to China once I think so hopefully we will get to see him fight them. Especially that crazy Kunlun guy with 3 KOs in one night.

In terms of where they fight vs. their actual nationality I mean. The shenanigans involved with Glunder's loss means that we suddenly got 3 new ppl on the liverkick rankings while legit Chinese talent (e.g. Liang) is pushed out.

If LK updated the rankings couple days later Jianliang would now be high up there too after he got the dec over Bulaid :D

Last edited:
As i predicted earlier, 70 kg is becoming a bit lame now imo. 70 kg used to be the most stacked division but we saw the former 70 kg champion getting outclassed by Petpanomrung who until recently used to fight at 61 kg. I believe Wei Rui and Kaew could do the same to him.

The latest Glory 70 kg tournament was solid but none of them are going to beat Sittichai anyway. Marat is good too but nobody wants to see him fight Sittichai again. The K-1 70 kg tournament will probaby be a great show but not elite world champion level. The fighters with good chances to beat Sittichai are Superbon and Petrosyan but i doubt we will see that happen in a near future.

65 kg seems to have good action with good fighters like Kaew, Petpanomrung, Wei Rui, Masaaki Noiri, Qui Jian Lian, Ilias Bulaid, Serhey Adamchuk, Giga Chikadze, but the promotions and fighters are all over the place.

Apart from these guys who are the up and coming fighters to keep an eye on? I don't follow the scene very closely but i imagine there would be some solid japanese and chinese fighters popping up.

Last edited:

Wei Rui.

@ Kanka

Chikadze is not a very good fighter, I doubt he improved that much. He was beaten before in Europe badly by a future Superkombat contender.

Salvador disappointed me.

Wei Rui.

@ Kanka

Chikadze is not a very good fighter, I doubt he improved that much. He was beaten before in Europe badly by a future Superkombat contender.

Salvador disappointed me.

Yes i don't consider Chikadze a top fighter either. Wei Rui is very good indeed.

Woke up to see this shit and it made my stomach turn reminding me of that decision. They just move forward and not even acknowledge how much of a disgusting robbery that fight was and don't even give Pet a rematch. Whilst some of you guys on here defend them. Its the judges. They made a mistake. Kicks to the arms don't score blah blah blah.....

Woke up to see this shit and it made my stomach turn reminding me of that decision. They just move forward and not even acknowledge how much of a disgusting robbery that fight was and don't even give Pet a rematch. Whilst some of you guys on here defend them. Its the judges. They made a mistake. Kicks to the arms don't score blah blah blah.....

Lol fuck that

These aren't official matchups, but the bottom fighters did have excellent first half of year to be in line for a shot. - Glory
This forum is so damn broken with the embeds and 100 other things.

At least it doesn't have a 140 character limit ;)
Would improve the quality of of some of the posts if it did though
thinking-face.png

uhm...or...I mean...they'd be limited in the amount of crap they could contain. Quality via limitations!

Top FW fighters in no particular order:
Petchpanomrung
Kaew
Hiramoto Ren
Wei Rui
Yang Zhuo
Koya Urabe
Robin Van Roosmalen
Masaaki Noiri

And i'm guessing Petchtanong, Ilias Bulaid and QJL are too big for 65 kg nowadays? If they can make weight they're in that list for sure

Those are most likely the top tier. Then come guys like Adamchuk, Ezbiri, Wei Ningui, Yamazaki, Gonnapar.

Quite stacked in other words. What do you think?

Top FW fighters in no particular order:
Petchpanomrung
Kaew
Hiramoto Ren
Wei Rui
Yang Zhuo
Koya Urabe
Robin Van Roosmalen
Masaaki Noiri

And i'm guessing Petchtanong, Ilias Bulaid and QJL are too big for 65 kg nowadays? If they can make weight they're in that list for sure

Those are most likely the top tier. Then come guys like Adamchuk, Ezbiri, Wei Ningui, Yamazaki, Gonnapar.

Quite stacked in other words. What do you think?
Ezbiri is really good. I think he is among the best in the division. His upcoming fight with Petpanomrung will be quite excellent. I'm also hesitant to put much stock in Koya's recent win given "the 5 great excuses of eternal shame" or whatever they called it :D

I would rank them:

1. Petpanomrung
2. Kaew
3. Ren
4. Ezbiri
5. RvR
6. Noiri
7. QJL
8. Rui
9. Adamchuk
10. Zhuo

Back