News GLORY has terminated contracts of ALL Russian athletes, inc. Light Heavyweight Champion Vakhitov

No, I don’t think so.
GLORY just did what a lot of other countries did at the time, boycot Russian athletes.
But the difference is that organizations like UFC and ONE did that for a short period, GLORY just terminated all Russian’s contracts, a bit weird was my first thought.

From my understanding though it was because GLORY didn’t know how long the situation would be like that, and they didn’t want to keep those fighters out of competition for so long.
So that’s why they agreed to terminate the contracts.

Artem Vakhitov and GLORY still were in good company when they decided to part ways, read the post

I think the Dutch government couldn’t care less about GLORY and their decision making tbh

I don’t think UFC boycotted Russians. And I might be wrong but I think in case of ONE government of Singapore stopped issuing visa to Russians or allowing them to enter country or something like that.

I think in mma KSW kinda did the same as Glory but they had 2 Russians and one of them Chuzhigaev got Turkish citizenship or maybe simply asked KSW to change flag on his profile to Turkish and to other, Musayev, they just don’t give fights to my understanding.

I don't believe ONE or the UFC ever had any sort of ban on Russian fighters.

Seems so ridiculous to me for reasons I've already stated earlier in the thread.

I mean the US is currently illegally occupying 1/3 of Syria right now and people don't even acknowledge that's even happening, let a lone ban US fighters for it.

I don't believe ONE or the UFC ever had any sort of ban on Russian fighters.

Seems so ridiculous to me for reasons I've already stated earlier in the thread.

I mean the US is currently illegally occupying 1/3 of Syria right now and people don't even acknowledge that's even happening, let a lone ban US fighters for it.
UFC made fighters no longer be able to display their flags. Weak as fuck for sure, I absolutely hate it... but as far as I know nobody told Glory to go this far and it has severely damaged their product and reputation.

Fair point, Mediocre success then and mediocre success now, so nothing changed drastically other than thinning the talent pool. The biggest victim in all of this is Artem Vakhitov. Pretty messed up considering he was such a company man for them.
He also injured himelf recently during his last MMA fight, feel very sorry for the guy. Especially since he was so dominant as a champion, just always injured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back