Glory next Dream Tournaments

Mafanofe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
enough of this 4-man contender tournaments that didnt even guarantee a title shot

3 tournaments per year( for 3 weight classes and then next year for other 3) would be amazing and viable.

The tournament belt is different than the division title, it would create a lot of interesting matchups after the tournaments especially if the champion loses in the tournament, having the tournament champion to face the title champ in a highly expected fight

this is the way glory, i know you guys are reading it,kickboxing fans like and miss the 8 man tournaments, in fact every combat sports fan can be impressed with 8 man fighting in the same night, a lot of cool things happen and the uncertainties make everything even better.

I agree. I was happy to see the meaningless 4-man tournaments every show finally go. If it's a tournament its got to mean something and its got to be 8-man.

right now in my opinion would be cool to see these tournaments(in the future new fighters will be signed of course,hoping better ones on the division who are lacking more competitivity):

FW: Pet, Adamchuk, Ezbiri, Vannostrand, Ulianov, Zhang Chenglong, Zouggary and Sudgen or Ten Pow

LW(needs more good fighters with urgency): Sitthichai,RVR(climbing to LW),Grigorian, Beztati, Koprivlenski, Jauncey, Baya, Gashi

WW: Harut Grigorian, Nabiev, Doumbe, Groenhart, Mezouari, Mensikhov, Vienot, Jaraya or Danenberg

MW(needs more fighters indeed): Pereira, Belgaroui, Marcus, Wilnis, Preteni, Matej Penaz, Camozzi, (whoever)

LHW(also needs more fighters...): Vakhitov,Tavares,Gorlov, Abena,Duut, Michelletti, Cavalari, Hameur Lain (ilunga over any of them and Zhuravlev if he comes back)

Start with the divisions who are already stacked(FW, WW),gaining time to contract more fighters on LW and MW to make the tournaments better.

enough of this 4-man contender tournaments that didnt even guarantee a title shot

3 tournaments per year( for 3 weight classes and then next year for other 3) would be amazing and viable.

The tournament belt is different than the division title, it would create a lot of interesting matchups after the tournaments especially if the champion loses in the tournament, having the tournament champion to face the title champ in a highly expected fight

this is the way glory, i know you guys are reading it,kickboxing fans like and miss the 8 man tournaments, in fact every combat sports fan can be impressed with 8 man fighting in the same night, a lot of cool things happen and the uncertainties make everything even better.
Now you’re talking my language.

Think his contract ran out last fight. Not a champion now and so Glory probably doesn't want to pay as much. Haven't seen him signed anywhere else yet either though. Interesting if he ends up in ONE (or BellaKB). Glory takes Enfusion's main cheaper Dutchies and mONEy takes the more expensive Holzken's and RvR Dutchies from Glory :)

Last edited:
Think his contract ran out last fight. Not a champion now and so Glory probably doesn't want to pay as much. Haven't seen him signed anywhere else yet either though. Interesting if he ends up in ONE (or BellaKB). Glory takes Enfusion's main cheaper Dutchies and mONEy takes the more expensive Holzken's and RvR Dutchies from Glory :)
wouldnt be bad if he moves to One, he haves the ghosts of Pet and Sitthichai in each division pushint him away from the title

as long as ONE still existing they can do cool matchups, RVR would fit well there.

wouldnt be bad if he moves to One, he haves the ghosts of Pet and Sitthichai in each division pushint him away from the title

as long as ONE still existing they can do cool matchups, RVR would fit well there.

Yeah, its not like he has a bad history with southpaw Thais and that ONE has a lot of Thais contracted at all.

NON sarcasm: He made it known multiple times he also wants MMA and ONE is a great organization which can make the transition easier. Also as Yodsanan just showed, RvR made an instagram story with that picture and that day he was in the UFC event...so who knows

Yeah, its not like he has a bad history with southpaw Thais and that ONE has a lot of Thais contracted at all.

NON sarcasm: He made it known multiple times he also wants MMA and ONE is a great organization which can make the transition easier. Also as Yodsanan just showed, RvR made an instagram story with that picture and that day he was in the UFC event...so who knows
i just hope he dont goes full MMA, its bad losing kickboxers to this sport, but they pay better btw.

Well, it's the whole song and dance with wanting to go elsewhere coincidentally during times of contract negotiations too so who knows how serious every fighter is about it exactly. ONE does have a truckload of money to spend for the next 2-3 years though, interesting to see how much more of that they might be willing to spend on Euro kickboxers.

With all these Dutchies contracted I would like to bet their first European journey would be The Netherlands.

LW: Sitthichai,RVR(climbing to LW),Grigorian, Beztati, Koprivlenski, Jauncey, Baya, Gashi
Sittichai has beaten everyone in that tournament other than Koprivlenski and Gashi. Some more than once. I dont see why he should compete in that tournament if he's already at the top. He should face Gashi instead and the rest should have a tournament. Then the winner of that tournament should face the Sittichai/Gashi winner for the title.

If sittichai beats Gashi and the winner of the tournament and Glory still haven't signed any new top LW fighters Sittichai should consider moving to a different promotion. If you ask me he should of left after the Jauncey fight but I understand that maybe his contract is not over.

Glory can sign Tayfun, Tuinov, Some Chinese -70KG fighter, Some Thai -70KG fighters and the division seems interesting. Of course not for an immediate belt fight so if they lose from the current fighters contracted...... (I can see that happening by the way)

Sittichai has beaten everyone in that tournament other than Koprivlenski and Gashi. Some more than once. I dont see why he should compete in that tournament if he's already at the top. He should face Gashi instead and the rest should have a tournament. Then the winner of that tournament should face the Sittichai/Gashi winner for the title.

If sittichai beats Gashi and the winner of the tournament and Glory still haven't signed any new top LW fighters Sittichai should consider moving to a different promotion. If you ask me he should of left after the Jauncey fight but I understand that maybe his contract is not over.
a tournament without the best man isnt the same thing

i hope that glory gets more talented LW´s, so thats why i think they should make FW and WW tournaments first while they add more fighters on LW

Back