GLORY Returns to Rotterdam with Eight-Man Heavyweight Tournament

So Tyjani just beat Baya yet Baya is fighting Marat and Tyjani is fighting Koprivlenski? Sometimes I get confused by the match making. It makes more sense for Tyjani to fight Marat unless their protecting Tyjani from a devastating KO loss or will have them fight after.

Nowadays it"s enough to be Frenchie to be in Glory, and especially Dutch!

You sound really frustrated, maybe because the best HW fighters of Romania are moved to the Netherlands and train to learn the Dutchie Style (Ghita, Adegbuyi)?

Or is this the reason?

You sound really frustrated, maybe because the best HW fighters of Romania are moved to the Netherlands and train to learn the Dutchie Style (Ghita, Adegbuyi)?

Not at all, Brasco, the kickboxing world is full of cooperation now. But Odessa (Ukraine), Minsk (Belarus), Romania and Russia (more gyms), do count now. There are good coaches now everywhere. Basically the best gyms now are in the Netherlands, Eastern Europe (not all though) and also Belgium/France area.

Plus of course we can accept China is coming from behind, and Thailand and Japan always had martial arts.

You also stole many things from Asia. What"s amazing in the Netherlands and we can"t find it a lot in Romania is the sparring level. Because you can really find partners. Here we do have heavyweights, but even Respect Gym in Bucharest lacked very tall guys. Some like Scorpions in Iași had it more.

What I disliked were the provokation videos and when an international promotion is turned into personal interests. But this is not your fault, it"s the fault of only some people. Many Romanians beat even enough Dutch fighters over the years, and we should have penetrated more in Glory. We are less better, but we are very talented. 15-20 years ago we would not have been A class, B whatever in the Netherlands. Another aspect, is that many Dutch and other fighters are given easy fights at the start in Glory. The Stoicas got Ilunga and Barrett. Moreover if a Dutch is losing a fight for a contender spot at some moment, he gets another chance. Adegbuyi won 2 contender tournaments to fight Ben Saddik who lost to Londt and against Jahfarr after beat him twice? And a Dutch or anybody, even Adamchuk of Mike"s Gym, is enough sometimes to beat even a contender opponent.

How we say in our language, some got "bătăi soră cu moartea" in Romania. Sikking, Zeyada, Aksoy, Red Cairo, etc. I am not talking about the Frenchies, although Kemayo, Guidon and others used to be great not like nowadays Hameur-Lain and even "Pacome Assi".

In the last good years of Superkombat almost no Dutch would have entered in the same ring with the Stoicas and our heavyweights Adegbuyi, Cătinaș, etc. Let"t say Moroșanu wasn"t anyway interested in destroying his legacy when he also had politics (although he won over Anderson Silva when needed, beat also opponents like prime Kemayo, Mighty Mo, Gur and Douwes; was robbed against Edwards but that was in Australia) and Ghiță left Superkombat. Not many top fighters wanted to risk against the other top fighters on the continent. But some though, only some, were courageous. Samedov was a chicken and didn"t want to fight Andrei Stoica in Romania, it"s all on Youtube German interviewers, while Cairo didn"t refuse it. Red Cairo had balls and was a deserveful Glory LHW at his prime. Not like some others from top 5 now in Glory LHWs or even top 10 in the world Liverkick. Too bad Iftimoaie got older, because he beat Loren another courageous.

In outside land it"s a thing, but in Romania everything is changed. Believe me. At the first Glory event here you"ll see. If we will still have this generation or found more like Cozmanca. You also saw how the Croats fight at home, Brestovac and Cro Cop.

The final two participants have been revealed. Buckle up...

Mohamed Abdallah and Arek Wrzosek

<FookIsThatGuy>

well it really sucks, the same guys over and over again, abdallah is another moroccan overrated guy AKA Ibrahim El Boustati

Arek Wrzosek is a good prospect and should be introduced in the org taking fights step by step...

waited a big name or at least two decent-good ones, there are some windheads working on glory...

Will be interesting to see if they can sell out Ahoy with these cards. I think it will be well attended, no doubt. But a complete sell out... I don't know. They may come up a couple of hunderd tickets short.

Is this HW tournament much more prestigious than the one K-1 did recently? Seemingly not by much, although Adegbuyi and JBS are top guys.

Just shows how thin this division is...

The final two participants have been revealed. Buckle up...

Mohamed Abdallah and Arek Wrzosek

<FookIsThatGuy>
Hilarous, this Polish is a disaster, got knocked out by Colin George. Abdallah improved under Passenier, but is slow as fuck. They are bums, only having the puncher"s chance in a heavweight division.

They could have got 2 decent heavweights from Superkombat, Nordine Mahieddine who is improving big recently and Patrick Schmid that just beat Errol Zimmerman. They are competitive and have knocking power. AND ARE ALSO VERY CHEAP.

Why tricking people and making 8-men again if half of the field is not Glory worth? They don"t deserve to be there.

why
well it really sucks, the same guys over and over again, abdallah is another moroccan overrated guy AKA Ibrahim El Boustati

Arek Wrzosek is a good prospect and should be introduced in the org taking fights step by step...

waited a big name or at least two decent-good ones, there are some windheads working on glory...
Wrzosek is not a good prospect, he beat two German pensioners who only took the money. He is linked to the Polish promotion DSF, that"s why he"s here. Good prospects are Sebastian Cozmâncă or Raul Cătinaș. But if you don"t want Romanian, pick Roman Kryklia.

I am sorry, Mafanofe, but these are nothing than very cheap fighters. Polish is on a recommendation, Abhallah is at Mike"s Gym now. Nothing than a slow bum. He won A1 but he got 10k, not 100k. Ahahaha! By robbery also.

Look, Kirill Kornilov is 2 classes over them. He is still not fantastic, but is competitive. Kinda slow he"s winning points only against Ristea, but Abhallah is 50 times slower. Abhallah is not bad until you will attack him, plus he has no cardio but under Mike he"s looking much better. But not for Glory. If you are an aggressor like Marshall from the start, he"s done. All the grand figthers feel his weaknesses.

While instead of the Polish even Smolik would have been better.

PS. And El Boustati IS a fighter, not like this Abdallah. Abdallah is not even "overrated".

Should have included also Londt and Moroșanu, and would have been attractive. With Adegbuyi, Ben Saddik, Jahfarr Wilnis, Inocente and Tafa also. I would have also not included Mozny, he got his chances. 8th I don"t know who would have been, but Glory has these fighters already. Better fighters.

And anyway than Mozny, I would have rather given a chance to Kornilov. He won Tatneft recently.

Khbabez, Diniz, are also solid heavyweights and better than these bums.

why

Wrzosek is not a good prospect, he beat two German pensioners who only took the money. He is linked to the Polish promotion DSF, that"s why he"s here.

As far as I know he isn't linked to DSF and never fought for them. And when I am not mistaken DSF also hasn't the best relations with Glory btw. If I remember correctly their chairman was quite pissed when Kasperski went to Glory

In Poland Wrzosek mainly fought in FEN or Granda Pro (both MMA promotions that have a few Kickboxing bouts on their cards).
But I agree he isn't that great, he is quite entertaining but also hitable and chinny. I think he got signed as sacrificial lamb / to be a higlight reel for someone of the top 4.

Last edited:
Without either Rico or Badr it's actually not that appealing, I probably won't even watch it live even though it's in my time zone.

As far as I know he isn't linked to DSF and never fought for them. And when I am not mistaken DSF also hasn't the best relations with Glory btw. If I remember correctly their chairman was quite pissed when Kasperski went to Glory

In Poland Wrzosek mainly fought in FEN or Granda Pro (both MMA promotions that have a few Kickboxing bouts on their cards).
But I agree he isn't that great, he is quite entertaining but also hitable and chinny. I think he got signed as sacrificial lamb / to be a higlight reel for someone of the top 4.

I do apologize then to DSF. DSF is a quality promotion regarding the event production. I am just saying they are low tier-heavyweights, that"s all. Like fourth. And I don"t have anything against them, for instance Kasperski is a talented Polish, who anyway took fight against Belgaroui on short notice.

Lamb is not well said, of course it will happen, but why organizing 8-men tournament when 3-4 are bums? Do it 4-men then, if you don"t afford... They trick fans with this! Maybe the knockouts will buy it though.

Even others would have been better, to get some better credibility.

I just wanted to mention these are not talented fighters and are a bit far from the current state. The state is not as bad as some may look now. Including Tafa, he came from nowhere, nobody knows him, he can"t leg kick. Although he has some untrained qualities. But until that, Tafa is also a lamb.

Hoping that Adegbuyi will be ready, because he was late a little bit with the training (injury).

whoever knock Guto Inocente out in this is already the winner for me, no matter what happens next in the tournament

whoever knock Guto Inocente out in this is already the winner for me, no matter what happens next in the tournament
15428338782921953.gif

GUTO WINNING IT ALL!

Back