Gloves without Hecho En Mexico

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Brian The Overlord, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Brian The Overlord

Brian The Overlord The motivator Platinum Member

If someone sold pairs without Hecho En Mexico mark and said that they were manufactured in Mexico, would you believe that?

For example, Sabas, it insists that it produces the gloves in Mexico but I dont see the mark on the gloves whereas most of the gloves from Mexico has it.

Looking at pictures of Sabas gloves, Expertboxing also said that they are not from Mexico but Pakistan.

I dont know if Expertboxing is reliable or not but in my opinion, they look different to real Hecho En Mexico gloves.

Besides, those allegedly made in Mexico have constantly had some issues on durability.

I love searching for boxing gear and I have always wondered if the gloves without the mark are really made in Mexico.

I would like to hear your opinions.

2. j-boxing

j-boxing Human, all too human

That's the big question for Sabas at present. No one seems to know the answer for sure. But many people, like Johnny at Expertboxing, have expressed serious doubts about the alleged Mexican provenance of Sabas gear. And if Sabas really did manufacture its gear in Mexico, you'd think it'd be pretty easy for the company to dispel all of the negative speculation... But Sabas has not made any attempt to do that, as far as I know. In my view, things don't look great for Sabas.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  3. Brian The Overlord

Thank you for your detailed opinion.

I agree with your opinion and their issues on the quality is due to their cheap material.

Therefore, they offer us gloves at low prices
    However in my country, my fellows have been using them for about 2 yrs. I think they were just lucky to have normal ones lol

j-boxing likes this.
  4. hangulmalmotayo

hangulmalmotayo Green Belt

Maybe I'm not giving Johnny Nguyen the credit due him, but I would be surprised if he came to the conclusion that Sabas are made in Pakistan on his own. In fact, he probably got it reading posts in this forum.

5. j-boxing

If I remember rightly (it's been some time since I last read his article), he arrived at that conclusion by comparing the performance and quality of his pair of Sabas SuperSofts with other gloves of his known to be made in Mexico.

Brian The Overlord likes this.
  6. Brian The Overlord

When I read it, he came to that conclusion based on some reviews on webs.

In the Korean forum that I am active in, one posted that his pair of Sabas got broken only in 6 months. Now I am sure that Sabas is from Pakistan.

7. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

[edit- some of:]Sabas gloves look pretty identical to the high-end gloves coming out of Pakistan. They don't look at all like the high-end Mexican gloves.

I don't think there's anything really preventing these small companies from just sticking a "hecho en mexico" tag to the liner of a glove even when it's a lie.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  8. j-boxing

The updated 2018 version is based at least partly on two pairs Johnny bought for himself.

Brian The Overlord likes this.
  9. hangulmalmotayo

I don't trust the guy.

10. Brian The Overlord

According to the post on the bubbling issue, new updated Sabas pair has a label stating HECHO EN MEXICO inside the gloves.

But I still dont want to give a credit to the lable even though it has the phrase.

They should raise their prices with good quality mateiral

11. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

Their prices are already pretty high for gloves that's quality have dropped lmao

j-boxing and Brian The Overlord like this.
  12. Brian The Overlord

LOL forgive me for saying the terrible thing lol

13. j-boxing

Well, there's not much I can do about that; I'm just reporting to you what he claims in his article.

14. j-boxing

Yeah, I saw that post also. I don't know much about the legalities, but I would've thought it'd be pretty risky for a company like Sabas to attach fake labels to its products. After all, Sabas is based the USA; it's not a flagrant knockoff job operating out of Pakistan or China.

15. Woldog

Woldog Boxer

I'm afraid I cannot forgive you. I'm sorry.

Nonducor and Minowafanatic like this.
  16. hangulmalmotayo

Yeah, nothing on you at all.

I read the linked article. I am wary of the guy. He freely admits that he never tried the gloves—despite the fact that they were in his 'top five' (whatever that list even means). Furthermore, the 'updated' review is prejudicial from the start. I'm sure he means well, but I simply don't trust him or his judgment. Also, he has a dramatic flair which is off-putting and makes it seem like he's just after clicks.

But those are just my two cents. To be taken with a grain of salt. Enter your idiom of choice here.

Nonducor and j-boxing like this.
  17. Gkfightgear

Gkfightgear White Belt

Hey guys dont be put of by gloves made in pakistan breaking in 6 months all our gloves are from pakistan but we do believe the quality is the high end gloves ive been using my gk boxing gloves for over 2 years no issues check us out https://www.nutritionking.co.uk/?s=boxing&post_type=product

18. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

A few at the gym I go to wear GK gloves, they seem well priced

j-boxing likes this.