Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

@HockeyBjj youll just need to post up your numbers, and the permission slip.

On a different note, I got burnt to a crisp yesterday at the beach, so I’ll need to take a break from squatting until my back doesn’t hurt anymore.

5 sets of 7 with 412.5#. Can feel some knee aches creeping in. Might have to throw on sleeves. I’ve even tried adopting a more vertical shin angle and it’s not helping.

For some reason, I always misread the word “slutes” as sluts.

Injured my tailbone somehow
Damn desk job. Finally a literal pain in the ass

Still in it though. Only painful to sit leaning back

I know, it’s so lame. I can’t lift my arms above my head because the skin on my shoulders is so burnt/right. Ffuuucckkk

Sorry to hear about your butt
It’s amusing and I’m going to use it as a joke for every meeting until I only hear groans

96 hour work week next week, just as I was about to be done with the base cycle. Dunno if I’ll be squeezing squats in with that many hours.

7x5 with 440 today. While I’m not hitting weight PRs with this yet I’m definitely hitting volume PRs with the assigned weights.

10 sets of 3 with 242.5 on the press. Fatigue setting in really makes you feel how important bar path and straight wrists are.

So my Smolov app may have duped Me. The weight increase has only been 5lbs each week of the base cycle and I just watched a video that said I’m supposed to be adding 20lbs to the second week and another 10lbs for the 3rd week. The fuck? No wonder I’m not sore. Might ditch this altogether now lol.

Yeah, for some reason the app automatically increased the weight by 5lbs each week instead of just having the fucking program verbatim. What a waste.

I might just bump the weights up to what they’re the supposed to be for week 3 and let the vertebrae fall where they may.

Bitching aside this has been pretty hard with just a 5lbs increase lol

Don’t know why I’m complaining, only one week has been affected by the weight fuck up. And with having no days off and sleeping only 4 hours a day, it more than made up for the missing 15lbs on each lift. 10 sets of 3 today with 467.5. These were tough. High bar and beltless with nekkid knees. Texas Power bar knurling is turning my back into burger with all this squatting.

ive been trying to balance baseball, rebuilding a house and work
mark my word there will be some kind of PRs in the two lifts before its over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back