Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Did the shit. Anyone else have problems activating their hamstrings during low bar squats? My glutes and somewhat quads and adductors get fried but the hamstrings don’t even get a pump. Maybe they’re tight and I’ll need to do some activation exercises
I’ve never felt it that way. I do hamstrings twice a week though

I’ve never felt it that way. I do hamstrings twice a week though
I struggle feeling my hamstrings while deadlifting too. But I can leg curl a whole stack for 50 straight reps. Maybe it’s a mobility thing

I burned a month and a half of this competition by working a shit ton of overtime, on various shifts. I should be back to a somewhat normal schedule in a couple of weeks, then I’ll have to grind to catch up. Can’t wait!

Soooo

High heel wearing firlnin the fitness room right behind me prancing in the mirrors

Wtf

Nice body and all but these public gyms sometimes

Soooo

High heel wearing firlnin the fitness room right behind me prancing in the mirrors

Wtf

Nice body and all but these public gyms sometimes

You better be filming.

4 sets of 5 with 540lbs to round out week 2 of the intense phase. If I don’t squeeze another 50lbs out of this phase then I would absolutely say it’s not worth doing. The weights are so heavy that they induce dread every workout, and sometimes every rep. And I have nothing left for my upper body afterwards.

4 sets of 5 with 540lbs to round out week 2 of the intense phase. If I don’t squeeze another 50lbs out of this phase then I would absolutely say it’s not worth doing. The weights are so heavy that they induce dread every workout, and sometimes every rep. And I have nothing left for my upper body afterwards.
That’s exactly what I’ve heard about this program
I like sheiko though. If I superset everything after the main lift it only takes a little over an hour. I’m just also trying to not look like shit so I didn’t run it this time.

Left knee has an audible grind to it. Gonna switch from flat shoes to the adidpowers I took my PR vid in. I try to low bar but I get a lot of knee shift forward at the bottom, thinking that’s where the noise came from.

Left knee has an audible grind to it. Gonna switch from flat shoes to the adidpowers I took my PR vid in. I try to low bar but I get a lot of knee shift forward at the bottom, thinking that’s where the noise came from.
You’re old
Face it
Mine sounds like firecrackers on a good day

Looked up the noise and apparently it’s just rough spots in cartilage. It’s no big deal unless pain accompanies it, which as of yet it does not.

5x5 with 540lbs today. Feeling brutal, left arm is throbbing even though I’m gripping at the ends of the bar like all the fat power lifters do. Did my ramp up sets beltless and high bar and switched to low bar for the 540 sets. Feeling like I’m getting deeper this way.

5x5 with 540lbs today. Feeling brutal, left arm is throbbing even though I’m gripping at the ends of the bar like all the fat power lifters do. Did my ramp up sets beltless and high bar and switched to low bar for the 540 sets. Feeling like I’m getting deeper this way.
I’m going to do fronts this week. Forgot a belt so perfect excuse to go lighter

570 for 4 sets of 3 high bar. Kicked 570s ass today. They were nearly paused squats. One more week of the intense phase and then taper/max week and I’m done with this shit.

That’s exactly what I’ve heard about this program
I like sheiko though. If I superset everything after the main lift it only takes a little over an hour. I’m just also trying to not look like shit so I didn’t run it this time.
What exactly does Sheiko entail? I’m looking for life post-Smolov and want to keep the strength I gain. Only way will probably be to squat at least twice a week.

What exactly does Sheiko entail? I’m looking for life post-Smolov and want to keep the strength I gain. Only way will probably be to squat at least twice a week.
I think there are several numbered ones but I just did 32 and then light week followed by 32 again.

Wasn’t feeling it today and threw on some knee wraps for my first couple sets with 540. Got lazy and didn’t wrap for set 3. Depth was better with identical bar speed without wraps. I must not know how to use them effectively. I’m glad though, because I thought they were carrying me and they ended up being a hindrance.

Back