Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Supposed to do ten triples with 510 today but that will likely wait till tomorrow as I haven’t slept since yesterday.

Your depth looks good. The angle and your... robust stature make it a little difficult tell definitively though. Film directly from the side, if you can.

Nice work.

Your depth looks good. The angle and your... robust stature make it a little difficult tell definitively though. Film directly from the side, if you can.

Nice work.
The 480 is definitely deeper than the 635, I’m working on cutting short of bottoming out though as that causes me to lose tightness and makes standing back up way harder than it needs to be.

Throwing in the towel on the second round of Smolov. My forearms just can’t take it. I might halve the volume and still squat 4 days a week but this shit is excruciating and is happening much earlier in the workouts than it used to.

Can’t even do upper body. This sucks.
I’m with you. Hey my deadlift went up a smidge here too. 610. Biceps have been letting me know they’re unhappy when I bench. Probably best to lay off low bar for a few weeks. Maybe I’ll do a west side thing and do waves withutkow bar for a few weeks and see where that gets me

I’m with you. Hey my deadlift went up a smidge here too. 610. Biceps have been letting me know they’re unhappy when I bench. Probably best to lay off low bar for a few weeks. Maybe I’ll do a west side thing and do waves withutkow bar for a few weeks and see where that gets me
My pain is happening with high bar. I’m gonna widen my grip and see what happens. I had to watch a football game and then hit my upper body once my arms were no longer inflamed

My pain is happening with high bar. I’m gonna widen my grip and see what happens. I had to watch a football game and then hit my upper body once my arms were no longer inflamed
Hmm. Got nothing. I struggle to grip the bar high bar now or at least very narrow but I never recall that hurting anything

Hmm. Got nothing. I struggle to grip the bar high bar now or at least very narrow but I never recall that hurting anything
I’ve read that widening the grip is supposed to help. I brought it in narrower for a few days and now I’m fucked.

Having my hands closer in causes my hands to be higher in relation to the bar, which means my arms are actually bearing some of the load of the bar. Makes the weight feel lighter on my back but doing it with high volume causes inflammation.

Or if we’re counting the 635 I added 90lbs ;)

Edit: After watching the videos again I will concede that the 635 isn’t as deep as it could be but the 615 is deeper than the squats of mine that were accepted at the beginning so I’m comfortable with saying 615 is my 1rm at the moment.

Man I didn’t think I’d get so wrapped up in a prize less forum competition. I should get back into jiu jitsu.

Last edited:
Forearms are worse than I thought. Tried pressing today and the pain was excruciating before I even unracked the bar. Got 245 for 4, wanted 5 but it hurt too much.

@auger38

The plan to destroy deadshot138's body is coming along nicely.

w0jgd4.jpg

Nice work.
I filmed directly from the side and the plates obscured my legs at the bottom. I need a cameraman.

Safety squat bar and Swiss bar in the Mail. Should relieve the pain on both fronts

If you let us squat as high as Victor Martinez, I could probably put up 700+ <Moves><45>

Just hit 545 for a triple on my ME lower day. Feels like the Smolov gains are already leaving. Might leave the 615lbs as my final squat submission.

Dip belt makes a good belt squat alternative. However loading it up with enough weight will be a challenge.

Back