Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Squat is decent but looking like I’m gonna be damn short on 550. Going to try sheiko again Monday and ride that out to the end. So far 520 squat and 250 press are my marks. The 535 squat was high. Press was good though. Damn fine progress there

Squat is decent but looking like I’m gonna be damn short on 550. Going to try sheiko again Monday and ride that out to the end. So far 520 squat and 250 press are my marks. The 535 squat was high. Press was good though. Damn fine progress there
Still a long way to go, two and a half months. If you run Smolov you’ll probably get it

Forearms are worse than I thought. Tried pressing today and the pain was excruciating before I even unracked the bar. Got 245 for 4, wanted 5 but it hurt too much.

I’ve developped some pretty shitty tendonitis in my forearms and it fucking sucks.

I’ve developped some pretty shitty tendonitis in my forearms and it fucking sucks.
Benched 365 pain free for the first time since before Smolov, then hit 415 with a sling shot. Also floor pressed 250 for 3x8. I think the frequent squatting was tearing my arms up because they feel almost 100% after just a week of being off Smolov.

My starting weight was a 285 press. I need to add 35lbs to hit my goal. Might be dicey with such a small muscle group.

Starting Smolov Jr.
365 x 6
Halfway through
Haven’t been getting enough volume I see

The Swiss bar is hard to press with. Feels like it targets your anterior delta directly due to the grip angle. And if your grip isn’t centered, it wants to tilt to either the front or back. I assume it’s meant to be more challenging than a standard barbell.

Hit 585 low bar today for my ME lower day. It’s my RPE 9, I unracked 605 but thought “not today Satan.” I’ve missed a sleep cycle and am fasted so I’ll take the 585. Belt squats got up to 240lbs for a set of 8. Actually feel these in my hip flexors more than anything. Glute ham raises were good and did weighted butterfly sit ups for my weighted abs exercise. Enjoying conjugate so far.

Also, if your max is with a belt
Wear a belt for the workouts

Fuck me half done

Two more weeks of this shit?

Last edited:
Also, if your max is with a belt
Wear a belt for the workouts

Fuck me half done

Two more weeks of this shit?
I say wear a belt regardless. Or at least when you can tell you’re using too much lower back.

I say wear a belt regardless. Or at least when you can tell you’re using too much lower back.
I slept until noon all weekend. Is the whole program like this, the full one? I don’t see how someone does it without 10000 calories a day and juice. I used this for bench years ago but that’s upper body. Maybe it just doesn’t suck as much since you don’t use your boobs to walk

I slept until noon all weekend. Is the whole program like this, the full one? I don’t see how someone does it without 10000 calories a day and juice. I used this for bench years ago but that’s upper body. Maybe it just doesn’t suck as much since you don’t use your boobs to walk
I was consuming an extra 3,000 calories a day while doing Smolov. I’m actually down 10lbs since finishing it. Yes you feel like a zombie every day. I have so much more energy now that I’m doing a different program.

Back