Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

Left leg is pissed off at me. Sore groin and can’t quite point to which muscle it is but the outside of my left leg is sore too. Might be the it band. It’s probably wise to switch to a volume style bodybuilding approach for a while. Also dump low bar for a bit. 25 on press and 30 on squat ain’t a half bad
You’ll probably beat me on the press tbh. Just haven’t prioritized it.

Think I’m done with the conjushit method. I’m not advanced enough on lifts to be swapping them every couple weeks.

260 for 5 reps on the press with fat grips. We might hit a press Pr Yet boys. I do believe my starting weight was 285#.

285x2 on press today. That was my starting 1rm so we’ll have a PR one way or another. This was after banded push ups and on my 5th day of lifting in a row. I’ll rest up before testing my true 1rm.

Also if this counts as a squat I’m lobbying for my 635lbs lol

If it makes you feel any better, the first time I saw that vid I immediately thought it was high lol

Low bar beltless 3rm today. Stopped at 535 because my left forearm started killing me. Heaviest beltless low bar triple I’ve ever hit and I’m happier with these than the 600lbs squat. Really focused on “back and out” rather than “down and up” on these, keeping the shins as vertical as possible and engaging my lagging glutes as much as possible. These are the best low bar squats I’ve ever done. No forward knee shift at the bottom, no buttwink, no upper back rounding. Sometimes progress is in form and not numbers.

Strong ass mofos in here, well done guys.

This angle is ba for that is a few inches high

Or my eyes are bad
It’s pretty much agreed upon that it’s high but since it’s a gym lift it’s no big deal, not like he’s claiming it’s meet legal

It’s pretty much agreed upon that it’s high but since it’s a gym lift it’s no big deal, not like he’s claiming it’s meet legal
My groin is aggravated so I’m done off this comp. still 530 is good for me and I even got 500 beltless once.

Final submission for the squat. 620lbs with better form and depth than the 635lbs I shared a while ago. Shins stayed vertical, no excessive torso lean, might have given more a try but I’m home alone and didn’t want to risk getting killed by the barbell.

Dropping from the comp. Smolov destroyed my upper body strength and I couldn’t rebuild it in time to get a PR. Thanks for the motivation, dudes.

Edit; was salty after only getting 285lbs for a press yesterday. I’ll be trying again before December 1st. Can’t quit now after all that squattin’.

Last edited:
Too late to join?
Ends in a month so yes this round

Great run everybody my groin isn’t 100% yet and last time this same injury cost me 40 pounds so hopefully less of a hit this time since I stopped as soon as it bothered me

287.5# press. If lifts are due by December 1st, this is all I got for the press. 2.5# PR which isn’t bad considering I didn’t press for 3 months during Smolov and had to rebuild my upper body strength.

In hindsight I should have stuck with the 275# opening weight. When I bumped it to 285 that was a lifetime PR at the time.

Deadlift next?

Mine took a hat during this

Back