Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

update over the last month ive been doing a texas method variant and im stronger....only equipment i use is a belt....whether or not i actually hit my goals in 6 months i have no idea. My life changes at a moments notice all the time

Alright I’ll take the 545, goal is 600.

What you don’t see is a cross bar directly in front of my face when I rack and unrack the bar lol makes it a bit precarious. That rack was 200 on Amazon and has an 800lbs capacity, definitely a steal.

the 545 looked deepest from that angle

565 felt deep and with that bar speed it’s probably just a mental hurdle that I didn’t sink it lower. Oh well. I’m gonna film every squat session now, feel like that depth that I’m hitting might be from box squatting too much.

You're seriously several inches high. Not trying to be a dick, you're just nowhere near parallel.

In. Here are my stats:

BW: 215 lbs, give or take 3 lbs

OHP: 270#. Goal: 315#
Back squat: 515. Goal: 600
Front squat: 440. Goal: 500

I like to aim high.

Videos:

In. Here are my stats:

I like to aim high.

Videos:

Nice lifts man, that OHP is awesome

DrBdan
Weight: 190
Squat:275 (Goal: 315)
OHP: 110 (Goal: 125)

Hit 265 for the squat today and probably had a bit more in me. Or at least with a few heavy sessions 275 would be easy so we'll go with that My last squat session was 155x10 so 225 felt heavy on my back but moved quickly.

My press has always sucked but I'm surprised it's not weaker. My best is 140.

Edit: Squat was with a belt. Not that I felt I needed it but since the rules said same equipment to start and finish.

In. Here are my stats:

I like to aim high.

Videos:

Welcome to both of you guys!

Im in the process of updating the competition chart. @NurseKnuckles, ima need your numbers.

Good luck in the competition gents!

It’s still not too late to join, so invite your friends, family, local grocer, etc.

I don't have a PR on squats,
but I hit a beltless 290 this week. I would say people who know me wouldn't argue me using 315 as a starting point.

OHP is slightly different. I am relegated to Z presses since my basement ceiling doesn't allow for overhead pressing. However a 155 is likely where I'm at. anyone care to contest me entering into this comp with these numbers?

I don't have a PR on squats,
but I hit a beltless 290 this week. I would say people who know me wouldn't argue me using 315 as a starting point.

OHP is slightly different. I am relegated to Z presses since my basement ceiling doesn't allow for overhead pressing. However a 155 is likely where I'm at. anyone care to contest me entering into this comp with these numbers?

giphy.gif

I’m good with it!

I gotta ask, did the forced air sound come out of your mouth or the other end?

Will update your starting ohp when I get back to my iPad

I gotta ask, did the forced air sound come out of your mouth or the other end?

Will update your starting ohp when I get back to my iPad

The grunt you hear in my video came out of my derriere. Hummus. It's good for the heart and it's packed with healthy fats and protein.

The grunt you hear in my video came out of my derriere. Hummus. It's good for the heart and it's packed with healthy fats and protein.
I always take a shit before lifting to avoid potential accidents. Also preworkout is a great BM inducer.

I always take a shit before lifting to avoid potential accidents. Also preworkout is a great BM inducer.
Nothing worse than red lights if you take yours before you drive in. Fuuuuuuck. I always eat something small on leg and dead day before I go. Makes for some close calls

Nothing worse than red lights if you take yours before you drive in. Fuuuuuuck. I always eat something small on leg and dead day before I go. Makes for some close calls
That’s the nice thing about the home gym, toilet is just upstairs

I thought I was short stroking my squats because of the weight but I filmed myself doing an air squat today and the depth is the same. DO NOT NEGLECT MOBILITY! I used to foam roll for 15 mins before each session and my squat was immaculate. People in the gym would compliment me on it. I haven’t done that in over a year since I started working out at home and my mobility is destroyed. Don’t listen to the anti CrossFit zealots or Rippetoe cultists. Simply doing lighter sets of your exercises for the day does not constitute a warm up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back