PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

I don't have a PS4 and don't plan to buy one because the only game I wanted in the system was Bloodborne, but I played every fucking GOW out there and went to youtube to watch others play (I have insomnia) , and boys, it is amazing, I dare to say it's one of the best games of this generation. Hats off to Sony.

Guys, please try to get the secret ending, it's just some seconds of a movie, but it will be worthy it. I won't even put it in spoiler tags.
I just watched Dist finish his first playthrough and it's a great streaming game. Visually amazing. He was on GOW difficulty and definitely struggled in a few areas but it didn't look too bad. I haven't played any of these games so I didn't understand the ending but people seemed to like it.

Can you skip the cutscenes?

I'm just wondering if people will start speedrunning this. I think they would if they didn't have to sit through those mini movies every time.

Can you skip the cutscenes?

I'm just wondering if people will start speedrunning this. I think they would if they didn't have to sit through those mini movies every time.
nope, you can skip dialogue thou

That's a shame. It should be a standard option, imo. You shouldn't have to rewatch everything on multiple playthroughs.
the cutscenes are integrated in with the gameplay well though, so it isnt really an issue imo

I would have, I didn't realize there were spoiler rules. I was under the impression that was only for movies. I thought people had enough common sense to not go into a video game thread for a game they haven't finished yet especially a heavy story based one. Just shocked at how mad people are. I didn't think it was a big deal.

Lol you’re a douche tard... u fucked up. Just admit it. Game just came out and some of us don’t got all day/weekend playing this game. The least u coulda done is use spoiler tags.. good job ruining the surprise for everyone.

Just finished the game. It was good, but too much backtracking, which made it feel like padding. I get they didn't want to break the camera away from Kratos and Atreus or skip around at all, but it got to be a chore.

Guys, please be mindful of spoilers.

This game looks like they just copied Horizon Zero Dawn formula. Which is not a bad thing. Going to wait until it comes down in price and hop in.

I loved hzd but I don't think this is true at all. the feel of the game reminds me a lot of when I bought darksiders and dantes inferno. It kind of feels like how those games felt blended together. God of war combines this mixed combat feel like a darksiders or devil may cry with the much more visceral feel of combat I remember from dantes inferno. Some of the finishers are just crazy visceral and satisfying if you are playing on a harder difficulty especially where finishing feels satisfying and emphatic with the finishers you can do.

The story is very quality like hzd but for completely different reasons. Overall just an incredibly quality experience imo.

how do you make the game fit your tv without the black border?

how do you make the game fit your tv without the black border?
Go into your TV menu and set the aspect ratio. Zoom worked for me; some TVs have an auto option.

On the game itself, I wonder how far along I am. I've played a lot, but a number of these encounters have taken me some work to get through. I used to play on the second highest difficulty first to get a feel for a game before trying the highest setting; I probably should have done that here. At this point I might play the game again just to see if I can go through it at a reasonable pace.

My only real complaint so far is that there haven't been many cool boss battles. The first one sets the tone, but then none of the others have really measured up (and is obviously subjective). That could still change though. I have about the half the stuff unlocked, so I'm wondering if that translates to being halfway through; but games often unlock a couple of things close together towards the end.

i just realised that further down the line we are gonna have a Logan moment where they eventually will have to kill off Kratos and have his son take over as the next main God of War protagonist

So do you have to keep the kid alive, or is he just like a little helper dude?
Enemies occasionally try to choke him out and you have to save him, I think (I've never actually let the timer run out). This is rare though. I've only seen it happen in 2 encounters so far.

Can't be Connor, he's actually fighting.

He was in the last COD, the future one with Martians

Guess fighting buses has its perks

Back