Going from 230 to 200, at least. [UPDATE Nov 8 - With Pics]

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First time I've ever done this. Always kept my diet/exercise goals to myself, but I've never reached them, so I thought this would be an excellent motivator.

Just turned 30, and I've started to get alittle lazy over the past 4-5 years in reguard to my weight. In my late teens and early 20s my average weight was between 190 and 200. Then around my mid 20s I started taking it for granted and didn't do anything for a year, not watching my weight or exercising, and imagine my surprise when I got on the scale and it said 230. Thankfully, I got my weight down to 215 and it's hovered around that since then, until now.

I'm decided to start taking a diet/exercise routine seriously because I went to give plasma last Wednesday and imagine my surprise they said I weighed nearly 240, 235 when I took out all the crap out of my pockets and my shoes off. But still... wow... the idea of nearing 250 sickens me.

So, I'm starting this diet off by drinking 2+ gallons of water a day, eating salad and other recommendations from a topic I made in the nutrition forum, and running 3 or 4 times a week on the treadmill for 6+ miles, probably between 5-6 MPH.

We'll see how it goes from there. Just weighed myself this morning with my fancy new scale, and here are the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
20131019_123944.jpg~original

31BMI? Ouch... technically, I'm obese.
20131019_123941.jpg~original

This a healthy water percentage?
20131019_124011.jpg~original

Damn near 30% body fat.... damn....

Oct18th-230lbs.jpg~original

After running 6 miles last night.

Don't look too obese, do I? Lol

You hairy fuck, that's a fancy ass scale.

I'm thrown off by the dates. Whats the timespan between going from 230 to 215 to 235 to 229?

Your body seems like it'll be able to burn the flab away easily.
Ether way, all I'll say is add crunches to the runs. Do around 100 or whatever works for you.
Not a professional. Just the thoughts of someone who's never worried about his weight.

Welcome, mang! Nice to see the ranks filling up around here.

You hairy fuck, that's a fancy ass scale.

I'm thrown off by the dates. Whats the timespan between going from 230 to 215 to 235 to 229?

Your body seems like it'll be able to burn the flab away easily.
Ether way, all I'll say is add crunches to the runs. Do around 100 or whatever works for you.
Not a professional. Just the thoughts of someone who's never worried about his weight.

Yeah, I went to Walmart expecting to get a cheap-ass scale for like $10, but after I saw all the options with this model (and it only uses AA batteries, not oversized watch/disc batteries that are a pain in the ass to get in and out) I thought it'd be worth the investment of $30.

Sounds good with the crunches, I'll do 100 situps/crunches before running.

I went in to give plasma last Wednesday, and with clothes, shoes, and stuff in my pockets I weighed around 240. Taking off my shoes and crap out of my pockets I was 235. I guess I started my diet then, and yesterday is when I ran and took the shirtless pic above. Scale there said I was 230, and today I'm 229, I ate an apple and then took a pic of how much I weighed, 229.4.

No time table, but it'd be awesome if I could possibly hit 205 by christmas.

I lose weight easily for the short term, but based upon past experience that around 115 it'll start to be a bitch to lose any more. I'll be fighting for every damn pound.

Also, I look better with the body hair at this weight, than without. Trust me, I shaved it a few months ago and the rolls were far more obvious.

Last edited:
Yeah, I went to Walmart expecting to get a cheap-ass scale for like $10, but after I saw all the options with this model (and it only uses AA batteries, not oversized watch/disc batteries that are a pain in the ass to get in and out) I thought it'd be worth the investment of $30.

Sounds good with the crunches, I'll do 100 situps/crunches before running.

I went in to give plasma last Wednesday, and with clothes, shoes, and stuff in my pockets I weighed around 240. Taking off my shoes and crap out of my pockets I was 235. I guess I started my diet then, and yesterday is when I ran and took the shirtless pic above. Scale there said I was 230, and today I'm 229, I ate an apple and then took a pic of how much I weighed, 229.4.

No time table, but it'd be awesome if I could possibly hit 205 by christmas.

I lose weight easily for the short term, but based upon past experience that around 115 it'll start to be a bitch to lose any more. I'll be fighting for every damn pound.
That is a Nice investment. I figured yours say at least 50$.

As long as you don't slack off I'd say it sounds like you could make 200 by new year. Ether way you'll be close to the goal. Ever since I started working out, the goal was to gain and maintain weight. If I don't pay attention for afew days I'll lose 5lbs w/o noticing. So I'll admit, it's hard for me to grasp how larger people have a hard time losing weight. But I still support the idea of being in shape, no matter how much you weigh.

Years ago when I first started working out, I'd do 100 sit-ups in the morn, and 100 at night. Within a month I had abs, in 2months I had a tight 6pack. Now I was skin and bone at the time, but it showed me how efficient simple sit-ups are. If you mix it up to confuse your body (maybe 80 crunches then 20 sit-ups etc) before you go running. That alone, with a nice diet will have you slim up in no time. Plus, just running cuts fat, but doesnt really shape you. With crunches, after the fat's gone you should be able to see some tighter abs there.

Also, I look better with the body hair at this weight, than without. Trust me, I shaved it a few months ago and the rolls were far more obvious.
Hah I'm not hatin'. Do your thing. You're already "toned" so youre coming from a good starting point. Hope you stay focused mate.

Last edited:
I'd do 100 sit-ups in the morn, and 100 at night. Within a month I had abs, in 2months I had a tight 6pack. Now I was skin and bone at the time, but it showed me how efficient simple sit-ups are. If you mix it up to confuse your body (maybe 80 crunches then 20 sit-ups etc) before you go running.
bNqPVzL.gif

Dude. Just...... shhhhhhh

It may not be universal, but it's true for me. So that's just my opinion from experience.

You might be the most in shape obese person I've seen in my life

Subscribed.

my recommendation: cutting calories is fine but don't make the mistake of cutting protein too low. I did and lost quite a lot of muscle mass during more extreme cuts. I would say eat a minimum of 100 grams a day, and since you're already fairly lean, I would try to get at least 150. You can accomplish this low calorie with chicken breast and fish filets. Isopure zero carb whey is also a great source of protein with no excess sugars.

Do not trust those scales - the only reliable way to measure body composition is hydrostatic weighing, although DEXA and air displacement are OK. Skin calipers are decent, especially if you don't have much extra skin (you don't). Electrical impedance weighing (what your scale has) is worthless.

One last tip. If you go insane in the gym you are gonna burn out. Nutrition matters most.

Unrelated: shave that shit.

Last edited:
Subscribed.

my recommendation: cutting calories is fine but don't make the mistake of cutting protein too low. I did and lost quite a lot of muscle mass during more extreme cuts. I would say eat a minimum of 100 grams a day, and since you're already fairly lean, I would try to get at least 150. You can accomplish this low calorie with chicken breast and fish filets. Isopure zero carb whey is also a great source of protein with no excess sugars.

Do not trust those scales - the only reliable way to measure body composition is hydrostatic weighing, although DEXA and air displacement are OK. Skin calipers are decent, especially if you don't have much extra skin (you don't). Electrical impedance weighing (what your scale has) is worthless.

One last tip. If you go insane in the gym you are gonna burn out. Nutrition matters most.

Unrelated: shave that shit.

Yeah, those scales are by no means 100% accurate. My buddy has a regular scale next to his electronic scale as a 2nd opinion.

Interesting... I don't recall ever having one of my threads subscribed before, and since this thread is the most personal, that is a big compliment. I plan on updating it every saturday, with pics and updated weight, body fat, body water, and BMI stats.

Not going insane at the gym, just going 3 or 4 times a week to run for an hour. Nothing extreme, ill just increase the speed as I lose weight to keep the shock into the workouts.

Probably shave around 210. No point in looking like a fat Ken Doll yet.

Update - Oct 31st

20131030_073705.jpg~original

20131029_202544.jpg~original

20131030_073555.jpg~original

20131030_073704.jpg~original

Pics taken yesterday morning, Oct 30th.

Sorry for the late update, after taking a few snacks I shouldn't have, I actually gained weight on my first week of my diet. Fuck.

Since last Saturday I went ultra strict on my diet and got my weight to a reasonable expectations of being 2 days shy of being 2 weeks into the diet.

I've been going to the gym to run 3 times last week, and 3 times this week as well. Each time I'm running for an hour, as high as 6.5 MPH after a 15 minute stretch and warm up, then a 10 minute cooldown and stretch.

Since Saturday I went from 330.4 to 226.7 (this morning) by drinking water, eating yogurts, tuna, eggs, and other vegetables. I'm not eating full meals, just enough to curve hunger.

Kinda ironic that my BMI is the same as my Body Fat - 30.8

Don't lie, you lost 4 lbs of body hair. :)

Good work though. I need the motivation to drop a few pounds.

Update- November 8th

Weight: 224.4 pounds
Body fat: 29.9%
BMI: 30.4

Can't post pics because photobucket's is strangely not showing pics, even after uploading new ones. But that's probably because of my smartphone.

Back