Going to my first (metal) concert ever. What am i supposed to do?

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So at the ripe old age of 29 i have decided to buy a ticket to my first concert ever. All my friends have gone to concerts and i never really have except for when i worked as a bouncer at a venue in my early 20s. The whole concept seems sort of strange to me because i never really cared about any artist enough to stand around to see them live and they all sort of seem boring to me EXCEPT metal concerts. Even as a bouncer i would have a blast because they would make me work the mosh pits to make sure no one got into a scrap and if they did i would have to break it up and my god it was so much fun but i still never knew or cared about the artists. Metal concerts seemed so much more appealing for that reason and also i don't have to dress up for the occasion either.

So i decided to buy a ticket to Slayers show when they stop off in Toronto with Behemoth and Lamb of god because it's the last chance i will ever get them perform.

Anyways.....what the hell am i supposed to do at a concert? Do i sort of just stand around and bob my head or should i jump into the mosh pit?

Overthinking dude, just have fun. I saw Slayer a few years back when Jeff Hanneman was still alive and they kicked ass. I'm not a mosh pit guy, I usually just throw up the devil horns with whatever hand I'm not holding a beer with and head bang. Have fun bro!
Oh, and if you're half-deaf like me, try to get near the speakers. When I did it sounded like Kerry King was playing his solos thru my chest and it was awesome. Could have been louder tho

Do this
200w.webp

Then again its not the 80s and early 90s anymore

enjoy it, if you get carried away and end up in a mosh pit with the kids, or stand back and take it all in, its all good, just enjoy....because they're going to go out swinging for the fences, should be pretty awesome.

Stand on the perimeter of the moshpit and push people that knock into you. Maybe throw an elbow in there too

Take a large amount of class a uppers,then fight your way to the front when the band's come on. I don't recommend the head banging because you won't be a me to turn your neck the following day. Don't forget to throw up on any body that looks remotely female.

Enjoy the music. Slayer sucks, but that is what it is.

?

do whatever you want lmao

if you wanna get in the pit, get in.

i don't. cos im a smol chick. not everyones gonna be in the pit, if you dont want to i suggest you stand at the back (if you're tall enough) or if you're not, to the side.

Lots of good memories moshing, headbanging, making a general fool of myself.

You don't have to do anything, just, don't actually try and hurt anyone and help people up when they fall in the pit.

Overthinking dude, just have fun. I saw Slayer a few years back when Jeff Hanneman was still alive and they kicked ass. I'm not a mosh pit guy, I usually just throw up the devil horns with whatever hand I'm not holding a beer with and head bang. Have fun bro!
Oh, and if you're half-deaf like me, try to get near the speakers. When I did it sounded like Kerry King was playing his solos thru my chest and it was awesome. Could have been louder tho
Seen Slayer about 20 times. Will go see them in August. And to the poster just have a great time. You fall they will pick you up.

So at the ripe old age of 29 i have decided to buy a ticket to my first concert ever. All my friends have gone to concerts and i never really have except for when i worked as a bouncer at a venue in my early 20s. The whole concept seems sort of strange to me because i never really cared about any artist enough to stand around to see them live and they all sort of seem boring to me EXCEPT metal concerts. Even as a bouncer i would have a blast because they would make me work the mosh pits to make sure no one got into a scrap and if they did i would have to break it up and my god it was so much fun but i still never knew or cared about the artists. Metal concerts seemed so much more appealing for that reason and also i don't have to dress up for the occasion either.

So i decided to buy a ticket to Slayers show when they stop off in Toronto with Behemoth and Lamb of god because it's the last chance i will ever get them perform.

Anyways.....what the hell am i supposed to do at a concert? Do i sort of just stand around and bob my head or should i jump into the mosh pit?
Enjoy the spectacle. Move to the music. Not sure what else you think you're supposed to do.

I am 39 and still do this. Fuck it
The people who got me into metal were my freinds from the gym who are much older than me in their late 40s. One of them is addicted to metal and is like a walking metal encyclopedia that attends all the shows.

Enjoy the spectacle. Move to the music. Not sure what else you think you're supposed to do.
That's why concerts were always a weird thing for me. Like it's basically just standing around.

Last edited:
That's why concerts were always a weird thing for me. Like all it's basically just standing around.
Concerts offer a unique experience, and either you like it or you wonder what all the fuss is about.

I have gotten into so many fights. But in the end it’s a brotherhood.