going vegan or vegetarian!!!

The problem with vegan/vegetarian diets is there are only a few protein sources available. Omnivores can consume red meat, poultry, seafood, soy, hemp, nuts, etc. This variety of protein is far superior to a diet that solely consists of non-animal sources.

Diets with the majority of protein coming from soy can have many negative effects. People have already talked about the decrease on testosterone. However, there are other documented effects. Lab mice raised on a soy based diet give birth to female mice with deformed ovaries resulting in sterility. My sister supervises a lab that is currently studying the relationship between a soy-based diet and testicular cancer.

So....if I become a vegan....will I grow tusks and a kick-ass trunk?!? Sweeeeeet

Only if you eat grass.

I have begun a dirt/water only diet in an attempt to become strong like a tree!

Oh, on another note - these people saying we have "non-molar" teeth is just a silly reason for believing we should/are meant to eat meat. Just run out to a pasture and jump on cows back and sink your teeth in. See what you get. I'm doubting you'll satisfy your hunger.

Just because we've evolved and developed methods of slaughtering the animals for food doesn't mean it's quality evolution. In fact, a lot of what we've evolved and developed isn't in sync with evolution. If you ask me, we are taking a giant leap backwards with some of the shit we've come up with as humans.

Anyway, good luck!

How insightful.

Great so about sdix cases of healthy vegetarian/hippie athletes. No how do we account for the 1,000's of unhealthy hippies?

It's simple. Can you do it as a vegetarian? Sure you can, should you? Well guess it depends on your moral dilema lol.

But let me say this, to get all the complete proteins, healthy fats, etc and perform at a top level is a pain in the ass as opposed tro folloowing a paleo/zone/coach/Berardi protocol. And for what? better performance? Ya right, I will take any of my guys I trained with mine or Berardi's diet, against the same number of vegetarians, same routines weights three times a week, aloing with MMA, and show me over twelve weeks who has better gains etc,.

As for feeling better, well i feel better since I switched to organic meat, and I feel better all the time,. That's not the issue, athletic performance is.

If you want to spend hours on end making meals, making sure your amino profiles are complete along with everything else, welll you must have a ton of time on your hands. Which is also the reason i don't do diet plans for vegetarians.

Sure a few MMA or pro athletes may be vegans, but DO NOT try to tout it as a sure fire weight loss routine, I already posted the study on red meat diet based versus seafood based protein consumption. But alas almost no one here reads studies, they just go off of PETA propaganda bull shit

KK:

So, because vegan/vegetarian athletes aren't common, the successful ones are genetically adapted to such a diet? And, the rest of us can't count on this adaptation? Come on. This is junk 'science' of the worst kind. How did you reach such a conclusion?

There aren't a lot of Buddhists in the NFL either, but that doesn't mean Buddhism is contraindicated for professional football. Correlation does not imply causation.

Do you have a background in science or logic/rhetoric?

KK:

So, because vegan/vegetarian athletes aren't common, the successful ones are genetically adapted to such a diet? And, the rest of us can't count on this adaptation? Come on. This is junk 'science' of the worst kind. How did you reach such a conclusion?

There aren't a lot of Buddhists in the NFL either, but that doesn't mean Buddhism is contraindicated for professional football. Correlation does not imply causation.

Do you have a background in science or logic/rhetoric?

I think he's saying that with the amount of money that is dumped into each player and the numerous health/medical professionals monitoring everything these athletes put into their body, that if vegetarian/vegan would improve their performance then more athletes would do it.

Great so about sdix cases of healthy vegetarian/hippie athletes. No how do we account for the 1,000's of unhealthy hippies?

The same way you account for the millions of unhealthy meat eaters.

Jesus you guys, quit giving advice about avoiding steak, red meat etc. It isn't bad. For hells sake look at the paleo diet study I posted, they lost more fat and had better cholesterol levels than the seafood only group. Sometimes the ignorance kills me about this shit.

I read the study.

Which is why when I saw someone mention steak as a cheat meal, I was confused.

I posted my diet here before and was told to add steak or lean beef to help with test production.

So....if I become a vegan....will I grow tusks and a kick-ass trunk?!? Sweeeeeet

after having only been on the diet for less than an afternoon here are my results

snoutspout.jpg

The same way you account for the millions of unhealthy meat eaters.

That's america in general man, although nice try for that one. It's like the vegetarians that are overly fat, or to skinny and look frail. Veggie pizzas, veggie calzones, shit food, maybe they smoke as well. But oh "we're vegan" blah blah blah. For what?

Like I said athletic performance? Nope, that is SO NOT the case. Otherwise post studies to back it, not a FEW athletes that make it work for them.

If it's of a moral issue, well, that's whatever anyone wants I suppose.

after having only been on the diet for less than an afternoon here are my results

snoutspout.jpg

haha who is that guy? pretty sure i had that action figure growing up, is he from He-Man?

Like I said athletic performance? Nope, that is SO NOT the case. Otherwise post studies to back it, not a FEW athletes that make it work for them.

I don't know why this is so hard. If you take the current best thinking on what is required of a diet for athletic performance (strength, endurance athlete, whatever), those requirements can be met without consuming animal products.

I'm not suggesting that you do so, but it can be done if someone so chooses (for whatever reason). Ignorant vegan/vegetarians are probably no more or less common than ignorant omnivores. On that, I think we agree.

Sure and atr what cost? How much extra time? How much extra food cost. Can calculate the aminos, and vitamins and minerals you are missing? Do you know which vitamins and minerals need to be consumed on a regular basis for vegetarians? All of that for what? I mean really what? To avoid meat lol.

Lok at this debate amongst two of the leading doctors in the country for nutrition. Like I said I stand by my side, which as you will see is where Cordain sits as well.

http://www.performancemenu.com/resources/proteinDebate.php

Sure and atr what cost? How much extra time? How much extra food cost. Can calculate the aminos, and vitamins and minerals you are missing? Do you know which vitamins and minerals need to be consumed on a regular basis for vegetarians? All of that for what? I mean really what? To avoid meat lol.

Lok at this debate amongst two of the leading doctors in the country for nutrition. Like I said I stand by my side, which as you will see is where Cordain sits as well.

http://www.performancemenu.com/resources/proteinDebate.php
First of all, I do not calculate all my aminos, etc and all my blood work comes back just fine. Sure, genetics may play a role but to be honest - my family does not have the greatest genetics by any means.

Anyway, why do this? For various reasons. Some of us prefer not to slaughter innocent beings for the flavor of their decaying flesh, etc. Others just want to be on low fat diets, low cholesterol diets, etc.

My friend no longer needs blood pressure and cholesterol medicine since he's become vegan.

First of all, I do not calculate all my aminos, etc and all my blood work comes back just fine. Sure, genetics may play a role but to be honest - my family does not have the greatest genetics by any means.

Anyway, why do this? For various reasons. Some of us prefer not to slaughter innocent beings for the flavor of their decaying flesh, etc. Others just want to be on low fat diets, low cholesterol diets, etc.

My friend no longer needs blood pressure and cholesterol medicine since he's become vegan.

Looking at your previous post about you and your brother it seemed you guys weren't eating healthy to begin with.

Maybe your friend just ate like crap as well?? Is he participating in athletics?

Lol I dropped my blood pressure by changing jobs and taking fish oil lol. No need to go vegetarian for that.

As for innocent beings, come on now, you fight, yet stand on that pedestal, that's pot calling kettle black.

As for the low fat, etc etc, geez do we nee to go over that again as well?

Looking at your previous post about you and your brother it seemed you guys weren't eating healthy to begin with.

Maybe your friend just ate like crap as well?? Is he participating in athletics?
We ate the typical American diet prior to being vegan, so in my opinion, no that's not too healthy. The point of my posts was to answer the question the TS had. Basically that you can lose weight on a vegan/vegetarian diet if done right. I also mentioned this can be done on a omnivorous diet.

In regards to my friend - actually he ate pretty good. He's not over weight, in fact maybe a little underweight. I think part of his high cholesterol and blood pressure problems were genetic, but none the less, his levels dropped after switching to a vegan diet. That's not to say that his levels would have not dropped if he had ate a better omnivorous diet and exercised.

Lol I dropped my blood pressure by changing jobs and taking fish oil lol. No need to go vegetarian for that.

As for innocent beings, come on now, you fight, yet stand on that pedestal, that's pot calling kettle black.

As for the low fat, etc etc, geez do we nee to go over that again as well?
No question that stress relief and fish oil can help.

To retort to your other statement, who said I was on a pedestal? I can't stand egos, it's one of the biggest turn offs in my opinion. So I fight, that means what? I may be over analyzing this, but does that mean because I'm involved in a violent sport that it's okay to hurt other non-human animals? I can't concur on that one, sorry.

I have a tendency to over-analyze so if I have, I apologize.

Maybe, after you win your next fight, you should eat your opponent :)

No question that stress relief and fish oil can help.

To retort to your other statement, who said I was on a pedestal? I can't stand egos, it's one of the biggest turn offs in my opinion. So I fight, that means what? I may be over analyzing this, but does that mean because I'm involved in a violent sport that it's okay to hurt other non-human animals? I can't concur on that one, sorry.

I have a tendency to over-analyze so if I have, I apologize.

If you can't see the coorelation between fighting and beating the hell out of someone, along with killing something(as deaths have occured plenty of times in the ring) well I can't help you./

I was vegetarian for 3.5 years.. if you're intentions are based in moral grounds.. more power too you, but for health reasons.. I don't recommend it.

Back