Golden boy is the future of MMA

Lower base pay with higher ppv sharing percentages.

I explained it pretty clearly.
absolutely no chance a main event fighter gets 15% of the PPV revenue if they can sell 400K+. it’s awful business. the PPV percentage is bound to drop as the buys increase. de la hoya’s investors and financial advisors knew this fight wouldn’t be shit which is why they offered tito & chuck 15%. because that’s the only way anyone would agree to it. giving one fighter 15% of a million-PPV-buy card is asinine

Chances of MMA getting to the boxing model are very slim to none.

It takes two to do big numbers even in boxing. Good luck with that with the way MMA is set up around the world.

I won't sit here also and think the boxing model is great. Truth is its a mess and always has been. It is probably even more lopsided in terms of payout than MMA. Sure the top in boxing make a killing and the guys on the fringe of that upper tier do good. But after that they fight for scraps just like MMA. Those top guys in boxing are more or less the promoter and greedy as hell to just like MMA promoters. At least the MMA promoter is usually employing a lot of fighters and giving them multiple opportunities each year to make money.

Once the sport is mainstream enough that the fighters are the brand and not "UFC", they'll be able to promote themselves. It took a while in boxing too.

The UFC as a promotion keeps such an incredibly high percentage of the ppv revenue that there's no way fighters accept that for a long time.

I do appreciate that the UFC essentially subsidizes the under card, but the reality is those guys don't bring in their worth, which is why they make pennies under the boxing model.

The UFC as a promotion keeps such an incredibly high percentage of the ppv revenue that there's no way fighters accept that for a long time.
42c95aa4601b47f2f3c9613f2fea18df

damn MMA is dying confirmed then
de-la-hoya_cross_dressx390_0.jpg

Hate all you want but Oscar will be the new mayor of LA or president of the USA all he has to do is to embrace his cross dressing ways and he will be considered the hero by Hollywood and ESPN and Dana White will be screwed if he insults Oscar

Oscar will be one of the protected classes

The entire payroll was about 550-600k. Tito Ortiz and Chuck Lidell took home about 450k of it. Fuck outta here.

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

No, it isn't.

We can't say that with a brand new mma promotion even if it's financed by golden Boy. let's give it at least one year.

On mobile those emojis look like a perfect triangle (upside down).

I'm fcking impressed by your post

Theres like 3 fighters who could sell 250k buys outside of the UFC.

absolutely no chance a main event fighter gets 15% of the PPV revenue if they can sell 400K+. it’s awful business. the PPV percentage is bound to drop as the buys increase. de la hoya’s investors and financial advisors knew this fight wouldn’t be shit which is why they offered tito & chuck 15%. because that’s the only way anyone would agree to it. giving one fighter 15% of a million-PPV-buy card is asinine

They got 30% each

They got 30% each
thought tito said they split 30%. guess not. proves my point further though. no fight promotion would EVER give two fighters 60% of ppv revenue and if they did, they would deservedly go out of business

thought tito said they split 30%. guess not. proves my point further though. no fight promotion would EVER give two fighters 60% of ppv revenue and if they did, they would deservedly go out of business

No, they got $200k (tito) & $250k (Chuck) plus 30% each of PPV/Gate
So they made an estimated $750-800k

No, they got $200k (tito) & $250k (Chuck) plus 30% each of PPV/Gate
So they made an estimated $750-800k
there is absolutely positively no way they didn’t lose a giant amount of money on that card.

there is absolutely positively no way they didn’t lose a giant amount of money on that card.

Agreed
Oscar is not an MMA guy
I rather root for Bellator, ONE, Rizin to make a profit someday then spread out the non-UFC audience/talent even more & make it harder for others.

At least the places I mentioned are MMA & not a Boxing guy trying to make a buck off of stars others built.

For MMA to grow & have more than 1 company to be successful, they need people that want to build MMA. Oscar didn't even know the fighters in the co-main by name.

30% of revenue for a event with negative profits GTFO with that 750-800k bullshit.
<YeahOKJen>

The fact that you posted that sentence & think it made sense is hysterical
Don't ever go into business

Take care
lol

The fact that you posted that sentence & think it made sense is hysterical
Don't ever go into business

Take care
lol
Shows how stupid your opinions are I own my own profitable business and was a general manager of several profitable others before wanting to be an owner.

Agreed
Oscar is not an MMA guy
I rather root for Bellator, ONE, Rizin to make a profit someday then spread out the non-UFC audience/talent even more & make it harder for others.

At least the places I mentioned are MMA & not a Boxing guy trying to make a buck off of stars others built.

For MMA to grow & have more than 1 company to be successful, they need people that want to build MMA. Oscar didn't even know the fighters in the co-main by name.
those guys are all doing great. obviously their numbers aren’t in UFC territory which is sad. we all remember the days where UFC had legit competition. we can only hope for possibly a merger between the three companies.

Back