Golden Boy MMA: Whos gonna bet on this event?

p6axqsx-png.476795

im-with-stupid-chuck-jpg.476291

so i checked out the odds and if you parlay Oscar Cota, Ricky Palacios and Tito Ortiz you get 2.35 odds which is madness and basically free money. For you Americans thats 235$ if you bet 100$.

Ricky Palacios (10-1) vs Walel Watson (14-11)

Oscar Cota (10-1) vs Jay "the spider killer" Silva (11-12-1)

Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddel.. well i think we all saw Chuck's training footage.

I mean just looking at these guys records these odds seems almost too good to be true, So im thinking there must be something that im missing. Im planning on putting like 500-600$ on this bet, thinking im gonna make bank.

AM I INSANE??? is it money in the trash or am i sitting on a goldmine? what do you think?

You'd have to be seriously retarded to bet $600 on fighters you don't even know and only idiots say any bet is "free money".It's seriously the dumbest term in betting and when anyone says it I know they don't know shit about betting.And for the love of god (if you're a non-american) just say if you bet $100 you win $135 ...you don't have to add in the money you bet.

Watson was once a good up and comer,lost to some decent guys.I watched his career since Tachi and thought he'd end up better than he did,and I watched his semi recent Brave fights and he didn't look great.Thing is though,at 34 Walel could still look decent again,I wouldn't count on it but he is a kill or be killed fighter and has never won a fight by decision so it's still playing with fire.Palacious I haven't been too impressed with either compared to what I expected and if Walel is on point'ish again he could make it tough for Ricky.The way Walel has been it shouldn't be too hard for Ricky.I just want to add I give Ricky zero credit for his semi recent win over UFC vet Chris Avila,the worst male UFC fighter in the last 5 years.

My Pick History: Ricky Palacios
5 Predictions · 5 - 0

• DW's Contender Series 2018 · 2018.07.10
  • Ricky Palacios · Decision
  • Combate 16 · 2017.07.27
  • Ricky Palacios · Decision
  • Combate 7 · 2016.05.09
  • Ricky Palacios · KO/TKO · Round 1
  • Combate Americas · 2015.12.16
  • Combate Americas · 2015.09.17
Silva vs Cota is much more of a roll of the dice.Cota moves pretty well for a huge ball of jello and is doing well but he's fighting bums.Silva is 11-12 but he's fought decent guys his whole career unlike Cota who's going through the motions building his record.This is your biggest concern here.Plus Cota is a striker,who knows if he even has any ground skills and you have to add that Silva himself is most dangerous on the feet,can knock people the f out and has ko'd much better fighters than Cota, but has been around long enough to possibly take advantage of Cota if it hit's the mat or take it there and Cota's sprawl looks like first week stuff.

I won't even bother with Ortiz Liddell.Not that Chuck can't win I just can't be bothered talking about that stupid fight.

Don't judge fights by records when betting on fights,that's the dumbest shit ever.As far as this bet,at +135 or for you non-americans it's 1.35 (yes i'm mocking you) it's not the best,not the worst,it's nothing special.You're not sitting on a gold mine.30% of the time or more you're wrong,just like me and every other mma fan.Three fight parlays at almost even are always sketchy.Good luck even though I never believed you were going to put down $600.I dare you to even post a $10 betslip,cause you won't.

Last edited:
Oscar Cota is a lock, no way Oscar De La Hoya will let another Mexican with the same name lose

what about Tom Lawlor at +245? all I know about Deron Winn is he's like 5'5 and only beat the biggest cans in mma

what about Tom Lawlor at +245? all I know about Deron Winn is he's like 5'5 and only beat the biggest cans in mma

He's a phenomenal wrestler and the little I saw he has ok hands (by ok I mean he's not a pure wrestler anymore and doesn't just throw like an idiot) but uses them basically for entries to his td's.In wrestling he seems to get a little tired at the end but judging cardio via wrestling and how it'll look in mma doesn't hold much water,wrestling is way more explosive consistently,but to me I think he'll have a hard time later if Tom is in good enough shape to keep a high pace.

It'll get super interesting if Winn is tired in the 2nd and or 3rd and Tom (with his solid wrestling background) stuff td's and turns it into a striking match.I'm leaning Lawlor and at +275 it's an insane bet,but it's just hard to pinpoint anything with little footage on Winn.Certainly a great bet imo.

Oscar Cota is a lock, no way Oscar De La Hoya will let another Mexican with the same name lose

Cota is a huge gelatinous mass of jiggle that moves very well,it's all so very confusing =/

I have some money on Tito and Lawlor.

Filthy Tom is fighting a 5 foot 6 midget with a shit record and is +234. Crazy.

With me getting my money in on Tito at -200 and him now at -335 (and Chuck at +275), I am tempted to hedge my 12 unit bet.

But should I?

you should if you think there's a good chance tito loses on purpose

for some reason i don't trust tito, at all. chuck is shot af but idk, tito is dumb

With me getting my money in on Tito at -200 and him now at -335 (and Chuck at +275), I am tempted to hedge my 12 unit bet.

But should I?
You already know my answer. If the amount makes you uncomfortable I would hedge down. If I bet 12 of my $100 units on this fight I’d be nervous.

Tito should smash him but this is golden boy in Inglewood. Chuck looks like he’s on the secret sauce and plenty of it

I bet on Tito a few days ago and had been contemplating betting him for a while. Just not 12 units

I’ve known for a long time chuck is a punch drunk alcoholic. He’s just doing this for a paycheck. After the fertitas sold the company and he lost his gravy job I’m sure he’s looking for a big payday

You already know my answer. If the amount makes you uncomfortable I would hedge down. If I bet 12 of my $100 units on this fight I’d be nervous.

Tito should smash him but this is golden boy in Inglewood. Chuck looks like he’s on the secret sauce and plenty of it

I bet on Tito a few days ago and had been contemplating betting him for a while. Just not 12 units

I’ve known for a long time chuck is a punch drunk alcoholic. He’s just doing this for a paycheck. After the fertitas sold the company and he lost his gravy job I’m sure he’s looking for a big payday
Only thing that concerns me is that Tito said this is the last one.. while Chuck wants to keep fighting.

@PolarBearPaulVarelans

Got money on tito and lawler, thinking about tibau now that he is at -130

Back