Golden Boy Promotions: Liddel vs Tito 3 Nov. 24th FULL Card

If they allow fighters to freely "enchance" themselves I know I will definitely be a fan hehe

This is going to fail....PPV model, 2 hasbeens in the main event. Coke De la Hoya only has a mediocre espn tv deal that nobody watches and Facebook. Golden boy as a company is not doing well. He would make a ton of money of Canelo and then put small cards in Cali...Canelo is his only cash cow. He would loose a ton of money in this mma adventure...

It will fail.

That is fine with Oscar giving a much bigger piece of the pie to the fighters. The problem is that pie might not be that big. Chuck vs Tito maybe will draw ok. But what other free agents are out there that could make a big impact on PPV, really none. This to me is nothing more than a quick cash grab for Golden Boy.

So if Chuck vs Tito does 200K in buys at $40. Golden Boy gets about 50%($20) of that rate so that is only $4,000,000 coming in on PPV. Let's say the gate is another 1 million and sponsors make up another 1.5 million. So overall maybe it takes in 6 million to 8 million dollars total. Chuck and Tito's money will be coming out of the buys so maybe out of that $20 they get $7 a buy each or something that is about 1.4 million each and Golden Boy gets the other $6. Maybe they both make another few 100K off sponsors and gate and walk away with 1.5 million to 1.7 million each. Golden Boy payouts all there expenses and maybe they make a million in the end if there lucky.

Just doesn't seem very sustainable. Because if the UFC put that fight on chances are very high Chuck and Tito would both walk away with higher amounts in there pockets. Only way this is a massive success for the fighters involved would be if they get something like 500K+ in buys at $50 or $60 a buy. Otherwise it just will never add up to be an incentive for fighters to try to take this path.

It will fail.

That is fine with Oscar giving a much bigger piece of the pie to the fighters. The problem is that pie might not be that big. Chuck vs Tito maybe will draw ok. But what other free agents are out there that could make a big impact on PPV, really none. This to me is nothing more than a quick cash grab for Golden Boy.

So if Chuck vs Tito does 200K in buys at $40. Golden Boy gets about 50%($20) of that rate so that is only $4,000,000 coming in on PPV. Let's say the gate is another 1 million and sponsors make up another 1.5 million. So overall maybe it takes in 6 million to 8 million dollars total. Chuck and Tito's money will be coming out of the buys so maybe out of that $20 they get $7 a buy each or something that is about 1.4 million each and Golden Boy gets the other $6. Maybe they both make another few 100K off sponsors and gate and walk away with 1.5 million to 1.7 million each. Golden Boy payouts all there expenses and maybe they make a million in the end if there lucky.

Just doesn't seem very sustainable. Because if the UFC put that fight on chances are very high Chuck and Tito would both walk away with higher amounts in there pockets. Only way this is a massive success for the fighters involved would be if they get something like 500K+ in buys at $50 or $60 a buy. Otherwise it just will never add up to be an incentive for fighters to try to take this path.
Yep I don't see how a new org could make it. The established big organizations haven't been doing good numbers as it is. I don't see there being room for another.

Tito has been talking about how he's in on the profits. That sounds good only if it does well. If not, he better hope he has at least a good guarantee.

need to get vitor on this show

Will it suceed or will it fold?

Are they serious in venturing in a mma or just another affliction in the making?

Will De la Hoya stay true to his promise by giving fighters a better pay?
Fold. Cash grab. No way fighters get more cash.

I really this promotion succeed, I hope that this become successful and maybe one day he can buy other mma organization and make a one regional mma promotion to fight UFC and Bellator.

But in order to do that he should hire some top mma fighters and champions from other organizations.

And seal a tv deal and sponsorships.
He needs to create a prospect too.

Not sure if this organization will last long, but I really hope it do and I’ll be watching the fights. I’m excited for it :)

I'm thinking at most it will be like 2 shows a year for a few years.

Liddell vs Ortiz 3 that's like doing Ali vs Frazier 4 in 1982.

I think it will go similar to Affliction. It could do great, but the headline is too past their prime fighters.... also there haven't been any other fighters signed to fight on the undercard. Do we even know if this is an all MMA Card, or is it just a boxing card with an MMA fight on it?

wont be affliction cuz their arent many available big stars outside the ufc. and those that are top guys are tied down with bellator or other promotions. thats why the headliner is chuck and tito.

im hoping they can get vitor on the card, and maybe someone like bonnar or something. not really a whole lot of options honestly. bellator has actually snagged up more guys than i thought when you think about it.

fedor, mir, nelson, mitrione, davis, bader, gegard, rory, larkin, bendo, rampage, chael, wand etc. all ex UFC guys aside from fedor. plus they brought sergei back so hes not available.

josh barnett maybe?

I don't really know how long they will last and how serious Oscar is actually about it...in terms of putting on more events...

I think a big part of it is that he just wants to rub it in Dana's face, that he can do it too and everybody gets more money under him...

According to Meltzer Oscar is thinking this PPV is gonna do 500-600k buys.

So if thats the case, if he's paying guys based on thinking its gonna do that well its a one and done show.

This is Affliction 2.0.

I don't really know how long they will last and how serious Oscar is actually about it...in terms of putting on more events...

I think a big part of it is that he just wants to rub it in Dana's face, that he can do it too and everybody gets more money under him...

I think that is part of it.

But I don't know how Oscar is going to pay more unless he plan on losing money. I just can't see this doing more than 200k in buys and that is being very generous. History says they'll have a very hard time hitting 100K.

According to Meltzer Oscar is thinking this PPV is gonna do 500-600k buys.

So if thats the case, if he's paying guys based on thinking its gonna do that well its a one and done show.

This is Affliction 2.0.

I think Oscar is delusional if he thinks this will pull in 500K.

What in the history of PPV in MMA would ever make him think that?

Outside of Conor the UFC struggles with biggest most current stars in this sport to get 500K and a giant promotion and promotional campaign behind the events. Yet somehow Oscar thinks two old timers are going to generate the buzz to pull that number.

Honestly, I think 200K would be a massive success for anyone that isn't the UFC and that amount isn't going to give Tito or Chuck massive paydays to put what they made in the UFC to shame.

I think that is part of it.

But I don't know how Oscar is going to pay more unless he plan on losing money. I just can't see this doing more than 200k in buys and that is being very generous. History says they'll have a very hard time hitting 100K.
I think he said that they will get PPV points, getting a cut of the gate and a cut of the merch....+no reebok sponsorship so they can use their own...

Sounds good on paper but as you said...don't expect a lot of PPV buys...
But the cuts from the gate and merch should be not that bad, i think.

the UFC struggles with biggest most current stars in this sport to get 500K and a giant promotion and promotional campaign behind the events.
Well, the UFC isn't very good at promoting imo...
It seems like they allways promote the wrong guys...
Ronda/Holly...yes Holly went "big" after this one...
Ronda/Nunes... Ronda did allmost zero promo for this one...they had the chance to go heavy on the current champ...nothing
Stipe/Francis...all about Francis
MM gets allmost none
Bobby Knuckles barely....
And so on...

Upcoming guys like Zabit...are only talked about AFTER the fight (so far)...

Back