Golden Boy Promotions: Liddel vs Tito 3 Nov. 24th FULL Card

One of them is leaving the ring in a wheelchair... due to old age of course.

I'm unsure that Golden Boy can sustain its place in the market, but I don't doubt that this can pull decent numbers on PPV. Golden Boy is a very well known promotion, as are the names Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz. I don't believe they're going to pull in a million buys or anything, but half a million would be my guess, just on the three names involved and the fact that Chuck and Tito are more well known than almost all of the fighters on the current UFC roster. Add to it that Golden Boy will no doubt properly promote this event.

What I'm actually curious about it who they use to fill the undercard. This would be perfect for Eddie Alvarez, for a big one off pay day. But I'm having difficulty coming up with names who aren't already locked into some kind of deal with another promotion.
I think theyll do decent.
Hell if they do 350k or more, thats better than any UFC card has done this year

Maybe this could open for a legit boxing match, but no way in hell anyone is paying for this.

Will there be 90 mins between co-main and main event for this one? Oscar really has pacing nailed down.

I had heard through grape vine that both Tom Lawlor and Eric Spicely would be fighting on the under card.

Pay-per-view main card:

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz

Kenneth Berg vs. Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs. Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs. Ricardo Palacios

Deron Winn vs. Tom Lowler

Jay Silva vs. Oscar Cota

Swing bouts:

Albert Morales vs. Cleber Luciano

Jose Huerta vs. Fernie Garcia

Kendall Grove vs. Andre Walker

Dave Terrel vs. Johnny Cisneros

Craig Wilkerson vs. Joshua Jones

Weston Wilson vs. Mike Segura

Amateur bouts:

Isaiah Culpepper vs. Djavan Coleman

Joshua Kim vs. Geoffrey Thomas

Jonathan Kim vs. Mauro Gutierrez

Tyler Schafer vs. Maria Favela

Julianna Miller vs. Diana Mendoza

They are using the old combate americas matchmaker, that's why a lot of Mexican and Mexican/American fighters, all Cali locals....

talk about a one fight card.

Can you tell this event is being put on by a boxing promoter???

Why not Bigfoot Silva vs. Cota in the co-main, Escudero vs. Tibau at 155, and Grove vs. Lawlor on PPV card?

Last edited:
I may have to go ahead and eat crow on my buy rate prediction.

That card is terrible. I figured they could pull a better roster than that.

It appears that they're trying to pull in a weird mix of hardcore/old school fans, the naive, and Combate fans. Possibly boxing fans.

From now in, rather than speculate, I'm just going to watch shit play out. I'd had never dreamed that this card would be that shitty.

Back