Golden era of Sherdog?

When pro fighters would get banned for bashing other pro fighters

Plus the whole Mr Blue Josh Barrnet thing

During the era of the dominant p4p champs. Because even the divisions that didn't have them still had depth that made them fun. Threads on here got viscious in a good way.

Penn, GSP, and Silva. LHW had the Rashad/ Machida/ Shogun dynamic going. HW had the Lesnar/ Carwin/ Mir dynamic going, with Cain and JDS in the background.

Conversations were generally more fun. Fans were more informed around here. More fans wrote their own analysis consistently, and it was a lot more detailed.

06-11 were my all time fav years here, around 2008 had some awesome threads

My all time fav three threads were below, had many many lol's

BJ at the Airport
MySpace Hacks
Just got married

Is Kimble around? also was Positive balance a mod at the time? can't remember.
Kimble is not around. Though realistically she probably just uses a dofferent handle now. I think it was a bit after the positive balance ban lol

People discuss about UFC's & Pride's golden era, but what is the equivalent in our forum?

Sherdog was used to be garbage. The mods were absolutely ridiculous and they would ban people on a whim. Saying guy disliked BJ Penn was a banishable offense. Pointing out an error or disagreeing a blackbelt was a banishable offense, I've even saw babe for "posting too much"...not shitposting or trolling...just posting too often as a white belt. It was laughably shitty forum.

I'm not sure exactly when the change occurred because I had written the site off for a long long time. Something brought me back and I was pleasantly surprised with the way things are now.

When was the golden age of SD?

You're living in it pal ;)

Whatever Jim Cozad was - even though I got banned... that time 07-08 was great

I'm newish on Sherdog but lurked For years finally joined always got more Information on these forums than any mma Site but since ive just joined ill say now haha

Back