Golovkin/Martirosyan delivers knockout ratings

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
From fightnews

Last Saturday’s Golovkin-Martirosyan fight televised by HBO registered 1,249,000 viewers and peaked at 1,361,000 viewers, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. Those figures make Golovkin vs. Martirosyan the top-rated cable fight for 2018 and the top-rated premium cable fight since 2016 — Golovkin’s title defense against Dominic Wade — which took place at The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

The opening bout — HBO’s first-ever telecast of a women’s fight live on the service — averaged 904,000 viewers. Braekhus-Reis peaked at 1,024,000 viewers and was the second-highest-rated fight on HBO this year.

Nice for GGG to get a spectacular knockout victory in the highest rated fight since 2016. That is how you build your casual fan base.

On the one hand, they're good numbers. On the other, considering the date and Golovkin's increase in profile since 2016, one might have expected even higher numbers. Still, this does show why they all wanted to keep the Cinco de Mayo date regardless of who the opponent was.

On the one hand, they're good numbers. On the other, considering the date and Golovkin's increase in profile since 2016, one might have expected even higher numbers. Still, this does show why they all wanted to keep the Cinco de Mayo date regardless of who the opponent was.

Well, on the Cinco de Mayo weekend, it is usually as a PPV. You don't need an HBO subscription to pay for a PPV. I feel the bulk of those 1-2 million PPVs on may 5th weekend arent typical HBO subscribers. Moreover, a lot of HBO subscribers don't watch boxing.

Also, considering the nature of the fight as a last minute scramble, those numbers are pretty much a win all things considered.

From fightnews

Last Saturday’s Golovkin-Martirosyan fight televised by HBO registered 1,249,000 viewers and peaked at 1,361,000 viewers, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. Those figures make Golovkin vs. Martirosyan the top-rated cable fight for 2018 and the top-rated premium cable fight since 2016 — Golovkin’s title defense against Dominic Wade — which took place at The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

The opening bout — HBO’s first-ever telecast of a women’s fight live on the service — averaged 904,000 viewers. Braekhus-Reis peaked at 1,024,000 viewers and was the second-highest-rated fight on HBO this year.

Nice for GGG to get a spectacular knockout victory in the highest rated fight since 2016. That is how you build your casual fan base.
Now if he can manage those numbers for a PPV he'll be set. :D

When you know you're gonna fuck a 10 but you gotta buy her dinner and cover the bills, and tip well, give her compliments [but not too many to seem desperate], be charming and shit, be all gentlemanly over a longish amount of time. A lot of work right? Still, it's more than worth it by the end of the night, right?

But when that date with the chick who's a 10 falls through b/c you found out she had herpes, a 4 maybe fat with a cute face, who will come to your house and suck you dry twice for for free is kinda worth it, right

Not ideal, but it's better than nothing, and it doesn't cost you anything to get a nut. Disappointing nut but you got what you wanted, and it's not your fault the hot chick had herpes.

So I'm not surprised it did well. Shitty deal but it's some kind of deal.

I always say, casual fans always tune in for the most insignificant shit fights that can be made and miss every single great card with no big names on it.

When you know you're gonna fuck a 10 but you gotta buy her dinner and cover the bills, and tip well, give her compliments [but not too many to seem desperate], be charming and shit, be all gentlemanly over a longish amount of time. A lot of work right? Still, it's more than worth it by the end of the night, right?

But when that date with the chick who's a 10 falls through b/c you found out she had herpes, a 4 maybe fat with a cute face, who will come to your house and suck you dry twice for for free is kinda worth it, right

Not ideal, but it's better than nothing, and it doesn't cost you anything to get a nut. Disappointing nut but you got what you wanted, and it's not your fault the hot chick had herpes.

So I'm not surprised it did well. Shitty deal but it's some kind of deal.
You have herpes Blunt? I'm proud to say I'm 41 and am venereal disease free. Its going to be on my headstone one day. People use to give me a lot of shit for having standards but I don't have anything growing on my lip.

You have herpes Blunt? I'm proud to say I'm 41 and am venereal disease free. Its going to be on my headstone one day. People use to give me a lot of shit for having standards but I don't have anything growing on my lip.

Thankfully I can say that as well. My only standard tho was using condoms. Given that condoms don't protect 100% of the time, I likely dodged several bullets. Very happy to be in a long term, stable relationship and not worry about that stuff now.

Thankfully I can say that as well. My only standard tho was using condoms. Given that condoms don't protect 100% of the time, I likely dodged several bullets. Very happy to be in a long term, stable relationship and not worry about that stuff now.
giphy.gif

you misread my post again, I think.

I said Canelo the 10 w/herpes pulled out, but Vanes the 4 that was clean let me get sucked for free. B/c Canelo is a great fighter but we'd have to pay for it. Herpes being the fact that Canelo's dirty.

So you get rid of the hotter but dirty version who is also higher maintenance [Canelo] for the clean but uglier version [Vanes] who also doesn't make you pay or work for shit.

I don't get what I want, b/c Canelo has herpes [clen] and that's a game changer, but I do get my nut, albeit against an ugly, but at least clean, Armenian lady.

Too bad for Canelo's herpes, I mean clen.

You can be a pain in the ass but congrats for being married so long. Might be the same pussy for 11 years but like you say there's nothing growing on your lip. :D

I said Canelo the 10 w/herpes pulled out, but Vanes the 4 that was clean let me get sucked for free. B/c Canelo is a great fighter but we'd have to pay for it. Herpes being the fact that Canelo's dirty.

So you get rid of the hotter but dirty version who is also higher maintenance [Canelo] for the clean but uglier version [Vanes] who also doesn't make you pay or work for shit.

I don't get what I want, b/c Canelo has herpes [clen] and that's a game changer, but I do get my nut, albeit against an ugly, but at least clean, Armenian lady.

the funny thing is that Canelo has obvious mouth herpes, I assume on his wing wang to.

I actually thought that was a clever analogy but apparently I am a herpes spreader now......

Fuck you @Seano. Fuck you. Sherdog.

I actually thought that was a clever analogy but apparently I am a herpes spreader now......

Fuck you @Seano. Fuck you. Sherdog.
I don't know why you thought of that analogy. I figured you must have been reading through your old Hustler collection. :p

I don't know why you thought of that analogy. I figured you must have been reading through your old Hustler collection. :p
Haha, a lot more bush on the ladies back in the day.

Then we had the popular Landing Strips. I'm a fan of those. Both at airports and on women's pubes.

the funny thing is that Canelo has obvious mouth herpes, I assume on his wing wang to.

I always thought it looked like a scar of some sort. It's there 100% of the time and never looks like a sore. I thought herpes came and went in the form of open sores?

Man, I'm 49 and somehow made it through without one as well. I always think you're closer to my age than you are because the old man references get me. lol
I have SEVERAL buddies who cannot claim the same (VD-free).

Back