Golovkin/Martirosyan delivers knockout ratings

Man, I'm 49 and somehow made it through without one as well. I always think you're closer to my age than you are because the old man references get me. lol
I have SEVERAL buddies who cannot claim the same (VD-free).
I'll be 42 in a month.

Just hit 49 a month or so back and I'm a week out from 20th wedding anniversary (nothing planned, I'm that guy). Son turned 18 yesterday and has my sense at that age so hoping he manages to stay VD and felony-free, himself.
Daughters are 14 and 16 and I want to turn back that clock to 10 and 12, but there is no putting that genie back in the bottle, now.
Ugh...

But life is good.

No little Seanos?

Man, I'm 49 and somehow made it through without one as well.
WOW! I'm lucky to not have been a casualty. Still hustlin.

giphy.gif

On the one hand, they're good numbers. On the other, considering the date and Golovkin's increase in profile since 2016, one might have expected even higher numbers. Still, this does show why they all wanted to keep the Cinco de Mayo date regardless of who the opponent was.
I kinda agree with this.
They're good numbers but, Canelo did 2.3m peak against Kirkland like 3 years ago.
U would think GGG would do a little north of 1.5m. still good tho

I always thought it looked like a scar of some sort. It's there 100% of the time and never looks like a sore. I thought herpes came and went in the form of open sores?

Given being punched in the face, it could certainly be a scar. Or even freckles on the lips.

But in a few interviews leading up to fights, I seem to recall thinking it looked like it was flared upped, and so did some other posters iirc. I think in the post fight interview from one of his fights, some other posters and I were also commenting, but could have been from the fight. Leading up to a fight, during a weight cut is when he would most likely experience it, as it happens when body is stressed. But at same time, he got money to cover it within a day if needed.

Interestingly enough, herpes can scar a little, and it occurs in the same spot. Oral, genital, shingles, bell's palsy through herpes virus all bind to specific neurons and affect the same ones every time.

I am not 100% sure by any means, just making poking fun and spreading fake news.

Man, I'm 49 and somehow made it through without one as well. I always think you're closer to my age than you are because the old man references get me. lol
I'm a bit conflicted about being older than @Seano . On the one hand I can tell him to respect his elders, but, if he's "Old Man Seano" what does that make us? :(

I'm a bit conflicted about being older than @Seano . On the one hand I can tell him to respect his elders, but, if he's "Old Man Seano" what does that make us? :(

I'm a hard 41, if it matters.

From fightnews

Last Saturday’s Golovkin-Martirosyan fight televised by HBO registered 1,249,000 viewers and peaked at 1,361,000 viewers, according to data from Nielsen Media Research. Those figures make Golovkin vs. Martirosyan the top-rated cable fight for 2018 and the top-rated premium cable fight since 2016 — Golovkin’s title defense against Dominic Wade — which took place at The Fabulous Forum in Inglewood, Calif.

The opening bout — HBO’s first-ever telecast of a women’s fight live on the service — averaged 904,000 viewers. Braekhus-Reis peaked at 1,024,000 viewers and was the second-highest-rated fight on HBO this year.

Nice for GGG to get a spectacular knockout victory in the highest rated fight since 2016. That is how you build your casual fan base.
Normally I'd expect Loma/Linares to beat this on Saturday, but because Oscar was crying about competing with the Canelo/GGG replay on HBO, ESPN had to change the time and the ratings probably wont be as high

I kinda agree with this.
They're good numbers but, Canelo did 2.3m peak against Kirkland like 3 years ago.
U would think GGG would do a little north of 1.5m. still good tho
Yeah, those are great PPV numbers, not so much cable TV.

He's lying. The man is at least 82 years old.

"Do you have your hearing aid, Seano?"

"I SAID YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR HEARING AID IN"

I get what he's doing, cutting his age in half to try to trick us all.

<seedat>I see through your tricks Seano.

Back