Golovkin to fight in March, possibly against Murata

GARBAGE fight.... but I'll still watch it because:

Can't Trust Top Rank.... seeing how Bob orchestrated Pac losing to Horn or Bradley Pac 1.... these are all Top Rank fiascos and I have a feeling Arum is going to pull a sneaky judges prank on Loeffler... Murata got thudding power. I see this going 12 rounds with Murata edging it 115-112 UD.

He should have fought with Saunders last year. Wasted over a year just waiting for Canelo with him testing positive and then pulling out. The Murata fight should have happened afterwards. And then Canelo if they were so keen.

He should have fought with Saunders last year. Wasted over a year just waiting for Canelo with him testing positive and then pulling out. The Murata fight should have happened afterwards. And then Canelo if they were so keen.
Golden Boy was pressuring him to sign the fight as soon as possible so it was one or the other and Canelo brings more money and fame. There wasn't any way to know it wasn't going to work out in May beforehand.

Golden Boy was pressuring him to sign the fight as soon as possible so it was one or the other and Canelo brings more money and fame. There wasn't any way to know it wasn't going to work out in May beforehand.

I advocated that he go on a "world tour". Basically fill up stadiums in the UK, Japan and Germany, where he would definitely be in high demand. The money he would have made from that would have been more than enough. Now without his belts, he's going to make far less.

Guess we will see what Murata can do...hopefully someone gets their face smashed in and rendered senseless for a ten-count. Those two GGG/Canelo fights had great action but I want a conclusion so definite that my pet crayfish can tell who the winner is.

Back to fighting bums
Bums? In Golovkin's last 5 fights he's fought Brook (who wasn't a Middleweight but certainly not a bum), Jacobs (the #2 MW in the world at the time), and Canelo twice (the MW lineal champ). Martirosyan wasn't really a bum either, he's a Junior Middleweight that had been inactive for two years going into their fight.

Bums? In Golovkin's last 5 fights he's fought Brook (who wasn't a Middleweight but certainly not a bum), Jacobs (the #2 MW in the world at the time), and Canelo twice (the MW lineal champ). Martirosyan wasn't really a bum either, he's a Junior Middleweight that had been inactive for two years going into their fight.
I said "back".
Brook, Jacobs and Canelo clearly aren't bums, but before them, Golovkin's KO/win streak was basically against bums.

I said "back".
Brook, Jacobs and Canelo clearly aren't bums, but before them, Golovkin's KO/win streak was basically against bums.

He was ducked by several champions when they held belts. He tried to fight the champions for years but to no avail until they lost their own belts.

I said "back".
that's not really true. It's true they weren't really stirring the imagination, but Lemieux, Geale, Rubio, Murray, Ishida, and Ouma aren't (or weren't) bums. Hell, even Proksa was once considered a very bright prospect.

He was ducked by several champions when they held belts. He tried to fight the champions for years but to no avail until they lost their own belts.
But yea, I remember Canelo vacating the title lol

I said "back".
Not really. Unless you think that ex champions are bums.

that's not really true. It's true they weren't really stirring the imagination, but Lemieux, Geale, Rubio, Murray, Ishida, and Ouma aren't (or weren't) bums. Hell, even Proksa was once considered a very bright prospect.
CodeBreaker = Boxing Newbie

Yeah, I'd have much rather seen Golovkin fight Billy Joe Saunders and Ryota Murata than see Golovkin/Canelo 2.

Back