Golovkin vs Martirosyan official for may 5

Awww Stubhub? Bummer.

stubhub is the best boxing venue in la (by a lot). beer lines are super short because they have enough beer stands for the soccer stadium, and the arena is small so there isn’t a bad seat in the house.

All the damn tickets are nearly gone already. I guess you got to get on it within the hour.

There is no way the rematch happens in September. Clenelo will come back and ask for a tune up before fighting again.

There is no way the rematch happens in September. Clenelo will come back and ask for a tune up before fighting again.
eh, maybe not. I don't think they want to risk Golovkin getting old and losing to someone else first.

stubhub is the best boxing venue in la (by a lot). beer lines are super short because they have enough beer stands for the soccer stadium, and the arena is small so there isn’t a bad seat in the house.

I know, I've been there. You're right about the beer lines, too. Last time I was there, I spent a lot of my time on the upper deck talking with people even though my seat was next to the floor. The view is still good from up there.

I clarified to someone else why it was a bummer for me.

Why are you going to see so many Khan fights?

I've been on the Spence train for a while and he was fighting on the undercard of Khan/Alexander. Thurman was on it too, and I was pretty convinced he wasn't going to turn in a snoozer. Floor tickets were dirt cheap and Khan/Alexander was a reasonably relevant fight at 147 at the time (both guys were trying to rebuild themselves and it was the best either had faced in the process).

Canelo/Khan, I took my father-in-law to Las Vegas for Cinco de Mayo and wanted to show him what it looked like when someones head came clean off their neck. Did not leave disappointed.

Shit fight but free is free is free.

I'll happily watch but it's not exactly exciting.

Isnt there this other guy who holds the other belt at that weight who is also from somewhere in the former USSR that is actually next in line?

Pretty sure Vanes trainer is Edmund so expect some world class head movement.

True visionary.

Well when people asked me why I wasn't happy or looking forward to the rematch, this is what I was referring to.

It was never a draw and I would of only been happy with a rematch if GGG was announced the winner and he still wanted to give him another shot.

This draw then auto rematch just felt like one big Golden Boy marketing ploy desperate to get Canelo into being champ.

Back