Good Food

MichaelDiamond

White Belt
Reaction score
This log started out as a way for me to record everything I eat and write down some recipes that I tried and liked so I could come back to them.

Eventually I started only recording recipes, and that's how things have stayed. I come to this log when I can't decide what to cook, perhaps others will do the same.

Feel free to comment or ask questions.

Bikini.jpg

Last edited:
Meal 1: 6 eggs with moneterey jack cheese and hot sauce.

Meal 2: Currently cooking a 3.5 lb chicken in the oven and wishing I had a grill. This beautiful bird is slathered in butter, copious amounts of salt, and a little cinnamon, paprika, and Italian seasoning. The chicken will be supplemented with ample spinach, kale, carrots, and radishes.

Meal 1: Big handful of my roommate's leftover ham, probably at least half a pound. Supplemented with lots of celery covered with fresh ground peanut butter... should have bought raisins.

Meal 2: 2 ground beef burgers weighing a little more than a quarter pound each, made with eggs and various seasonings, eaten with kale, spinach, radishes, carrots, cucumber, and squash.

Meal 3: Currently simmering the carcass of the chicken I ate yesterday to make soup stock, later the bones will be removed and I'll add squash, onion, celery, and carrots.

Random Lifting Anecdote (Because I'm too lazy to keep a workout log): Used the hip sled today for shits and giggles, haven't thought about using it since high school. The bodybuilding club that was thinly hiding smirks earlier while watching me load a barbell with only 95 lbs to warm-up with snatches and OHS nearly shit themselves when I ended up repping 700 lbs on the sled and would have gone higher but there was no more room for plates.

Last edited:
Meal 1: Curly fries, and then a ground beef patty when I got home. I got the curly fries for free, this was at ~2 AM and I was somewhat intoxicated.

Meal 2: For the rest of the day I'll be trying to finish the soup I made yesterday.

Last edited:
Meal 1: Another round of the drunk munchies. Waffle fries this time, in addition to leftover ham when I got home.

Meal 2: More soup. a roommate commented that soup is not a summer food. My own dietary tendencies have never been constrained by seasonality, nor even the time of day.... Breakfast for dinner, say what?

For me, the focus of this picture is the rectus femoris. To quote Peter Frampton, do you feel like I do?
20100520barefoot.jpg

Last edited:
Meal 1 Bag of flaming hot munchies and a slice of frozen pizza (drunk)

Meal 2 Salad consisting of spinach, kale, cucumber.

Meal 3 White brat with jalepenos, sauerkraut, relish, and habenero mustard.

Meal 1: (at restaurant last night) ~3 lbs of nachos covered with steak, shredded beef, jalepenos, tomoatos, onions, cheese. I was advised by the wait staff that people twice my size haven't come close to finishing those nachos, and that I had no chance. I then told them to watch and learn and finished it in 20 minutes.

No, this isn't me.... I actually loathe casual jackets.
tumblr_l0oo22DLJN1qzhwayo1_500.jpg

Meal 2: Lots of celery and natural ground peanut butter

Meal 3: 2 ground turkey patties made with an egg, totaling half a pound. Spinach and kale salad with ACV.

Meal 1: Got an order of Mac and Cheese bites free at the bar (fried triangles of macaroni) and had a few. THEN, an hour or so later, was convinced by a girl to eat an enormous ancho chile burrito.

I'm less than happy with myself for waking up with a food baby on consecutive mornings as, at least, an indirect result of intoxication. Therefore the rest of today will consist of a 24 hr fast, during which time I'll be looking up good recipes to make for when I acquire more dietary restraint than Oprah.

oprah.jpg

Last edited:
Meal 1: Spinach and kale with ACV and some spoonfuls of fresh ground peanut butter.

Meal 2: Paleo Chicken Enchilada Bake

Sauce:
3 jalepenos and 2 habaneros chopped up in food processor.
minced roasted garlic
2 tsp. hot chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
pinch salt (optional)
2 C chicken broth
3 C (or 3 8oz. cans) tomato sauce, no added salt

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low/simmer while you prepare everything else.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Chicken:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
minced roasted garlic
1 T olive oil
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

1 head cauliflower, shredded with food processor until rice-like consistency

Boil chicken breasts in water for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from water, and with two forks shred chicken into pieces. Set aside. Heat olive oil in large skillet. Saute onion, until transparent, add garlic, bell pepper, and spices. Saute a little longer to combine flavors. Add shredded chicken to the skillet, and mix together. Now add sauce to the chicken skillet ... Reserving 1/4 C sauce for the cauliflower rice. Mix well.

Put cauliflower rice in the bottom of a baking dish. Add 1/4 C of the sauce. Mix well. This is the bottom layer of your enchilada bake. Now add the remaining chicken/sauce mixture over the cauliflower. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove foil, and bake for another 10 minutes.

Serve with avacado. Boom.

bitch-girl-hot-indie-poser-sexy-Favim.com-46402.jpg

Last edited:
Meals 1 & 2: Finishing the chicken bake from yesterday.

Meal 3: 2 big grilled blackened chicken breasts and little leftover fish.

Last edited:
Pepperonata

I took a 1.2 lb whole pork tenderloin and sliced it into long, thin strips.

Then, I threw the tenderloin into a large skillet with a fuckton of olive oil and let it simmer on medium.

While the pork was simmering I added a sliced yellow, orange, red, and green bell pepper to the mix.

I cooked the whole concoction down until the peppers were melting and most of the water was removed. The sugars from the peppers were released and the dish was sweet and filling.

4a0ed5ba35b9b.jpg

Last edited:
Meal 1 : Pepperonata

I took a 1.2 lb whole pork tenderloin and sliced it into long, thin strips.

Then, I threw the tenderloin into a large skilled with a fuckton of olive oil and let it simmer on medium.

While the pork was simmering I added a sliced yellow, orange, red, and green bell pepper to the mix.

I cooked the whole concoction down until the peppers were melting and most of the water was removed. The sugars from the peppers were released and the dish was sweet and filling

Sounds ridiculously tasty.

Sounds ridiculously tasty.

And easy to make.

Yesterday was mostly a blur, I know I ate a white brat with jalepenos, waffle fries, and some bacon and eggs. This diet log will return in full force Monday. Until then...

fhm_rachaelray.jpg

Meal 1: 1 banana, 4 pieces of thick cut bacon, 4 scrambled eggs with hot sauce, some graham crackers.

Meal 2: Tuna Cakes

Drain 3 cans of tuna

Put the tuna in a mixing bowl with 3 eggs, some chopped red onion, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic salt, roasted garlic, and cumin.

Heat olive oil to medium heat. Cook the tuna cakes for 3 minutes on each side.

*Very Important* Don't fuck with the cakes in any way after you put them in the oil until it's time to flip them or they will fall apart.

I ate all of this with a bowl of steamed broccoli.

http://everydaypaleo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_7034.jpg

Random Lifting Anecdote: Deadlifted 375# today at 190#.

Random Query: I bought a few yams today after reading the most recent post on whole health source, but I know of very few ways to cook yams. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Meal 1: Lots and lots and lots of bacon and 3 eggs scrambled with red onion.

Meal 2: 24 boneless chicken wings, some french fries.

Meal 3:bowl of steamed cauliflower and broccoli, 1 apple, 1 banana.

I was to busy to log yesterday and would recap, but it was pretty boring food-wise.

Meal 1: My room mate's leftover chinese take-out. (General Tsao's and white rice)

Meal 2: Habanero hummus and pita

Put 1 roasted habanero, 1 can of chick peas with a quarter cup of the juice from the can, garlic to taste, and some tahini sauce depending on how creamy you want it in a magic bullet. Magic bullet the shit out of it until it turns to hummus.

I ate all of this with ample pita bread while eating slices off a block of pepper jack cheese.

guiness-record-hummus-tzabar2.jpg

Meal 3: Dry rub burgers and sweet potato rounds.

I have almost 1.5 lbs of hamburger. This will be made into patties with egg and then rubbed with chili powder, paprika, cumin, black pepper, and salt. Let the burgers sit in the fridge for half an hour before grilling.

Slice 2-3 yams into discs. Dip each wedge into a mixture of 2-3 eggs,black pepper, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Put them on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil and throw on more salt. Bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes. Dip them shits in ketchup or somethin'.

Thanks for stopping by.

Last edited:
Back on my grind. I spent a few weeks in the mountains and didn't have internet access and

surprise-no-one-cares.jpg

Meal 1: 4 eggs scrambled con salsa picante

Meal 2: 1 big salad with a wide variety of vegetables, smoked turkey and peppercorn dressing. I ate some pita and hummus with the salad.

Meal 3: I work at a bar and during work today ate waffle fries, chicken wings, some steak, chicken breast with jalepenos, and normal fries. Definitely wouldn't hurt to strategise a bit in order to get the free food i eat to stop fucking my nutrition so vigorously.

Late Night Snack: Bowl of spaghetti and lots of duplex cookies. The sufficient clause in this situation is thinly veiled.

Last edited:
Meal 1: Exact same as meal 2 yesterday.

PWO Shake: Frozen blackberries, blueberries, and peaches with some milk, a little ice cream and ice. The consistency of this shake was pretty bad and the ice did not blend fully in the magic bullet. Any suggestions on ingredients or methods for making shakes is appreciated as I think my consumption of them will become commonplace over the rest of the summer.

Meal 2: More grazing while working at the bar. Boneless chicken wings etc.

Meal 3: After work I went out and ordered a steak quesadilla and split an order of nachos with a friend. Got home and had an ice cream sundae.

madness2.gif

Nutrition has been slacking lately so since I have to work 10 hours tomorrow starting at 5 pm I'm going to start a 24 hour fast then and probably just have another fruit smoothie before that.

I haven't fasted for a while and it was much needed. I used to fast multiple times a week and I adamantly believe in its' benefits.

Fast Breaker: 4 strips of thick peppered bacon, dipped in 1 whole whipped avocado. The rest of the avocado was finished with a few fresh tortilla chips. Dessert was a rolled cigarette, a gin and tonic, and flamenco sketches by Miles Davis.

This post will most likely be added to tomorrow to include drunk munchies.

The aforementioned drunk munchies only consisted of a few corn chips. Hooray!

Meal 1: 4 strips of bacon and 4 scrambled eggs.

Meal 2: Lots of steamed carrots, zucchini, cauliflower, lima beans, and peas with ample butter.

Meal 3: 4 hardboiled eggs and a few pieces of cheese and ham.

Back