Good Food

Meal 1: 4 strips of thick peppered bacon, 4 eggs scrambled with cumin, garnished with a whole avocado. The arrangement and presentation of this breakfast was spectacular and makes me wish I had a camera here to share this aesthetically pleasing dish with the e-masses.

Had to drive home today for family matters, which meant I didn't eat all day in anticipation of my mom's cooking. My abstinance was rewarded with a huge amount of spinach manicotti with baked cauliflower and my mom letting me raid her pantry and fridge before I left.

No longer will I attempt to write down everything I eat throughout the day. I'll just be posting recipes and notes from now on like fat wilhem used to do before his log gave up the ghost.

Crock Pot Chili

1 pound of angus stew meat
1 big can of tomato juice
4 Serrano peppers
1 chili pepper
fresh garlic
1 whole sliced vidalia onion
2 cans rotel tomatoes and green chiles
1 can red beans
hot chili powder, cumin, pepper, garlic salt, paprika

I cooked the steak in a skillet with butter til t was starting to get done and then added in the sliced peppers with the seeds and onion and let it all cook together.

After those ingredients had cooked long enough they were added to a crock pot that had all the other ingredients and I let it all stew for around 5 hours.

This was the best chili I've made yet because it was spicy enough but you could still taste all the other ingredients and when my room mates tried it they didn't think it was painful.

rozonda_chilli_thomas_maxim3.jpg

Last edited:
Spam and Eggs

Dice up some spam, brown the pieces in butter in a frying pan. 4 eggs whipped in a bowl til bubbles are visible and then add to the spam and butter.

Pull the egg toward the middle of the pan til orgasmic fluffiness is induced. Season with chili powder, black pepper, garlic salt and a few liberal dashes of Sriracha.

Spam%20Girls.jpg

I've been between apartments for a few weeks and can finally start making food again. I was looking for something to make that didn't necessitate much cooking and my prayers were answered at MDA.

Shrimp "Grok-amole" Salad

Find a big bowl.

Throw half a pound of cooked shrimp in it.

Chop up: one orange pepper, 2 avocados, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 serrano pepper, 2 roma tomatoes, and throw them in the bowl.

Drizzle some olive oil over the salad and consume with rhythm, feeling, and personality.

girl.jpg

This probably would have been a little better with some lime juice and seasoning, but I just moved and lack those luxuries.

Had an avocado, a few eggs, a serrano and a jalepeno pepper left over from yesterday. Feeling especially drained from a solid DL session and lacking creativity, the end result was....

Spicy PWO Phat Fat

Sautee the peppers and their seeds in ample butter and then add 3 eggs that were whipped in a bowl. Scramble that shit.

Garnish with slices of an entire avocado. I also drizzled some olive oil on the whole plate to keep the fat theme rockin and rollin.

Side Note: I know of few garnishes more aesthetically pleasing than a ripe avocado. The egg, peppers, and avocado resulted in an unintended but beautiful mixture of yellows and greens, the likes of which are represented in a similar fashion below.

8455.jpg

Szechuan Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry

Heat a quarter stick of butter in a wok.

Add 1 lb of vegetables (Asparagus, Sliced Carrots, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Yellow Squash, Celery, Onions, Mushrooms)

When the veggies are good to go, add szechuan stir fry sauce and 1/2 lb of peeled shrimp.

When the dish is done, drizzle with Sriracha and get it. Don't stop getting it.

Meatballs.

1 lb pastured ground beef
1 egg (for once I didn't have an egg, so i substituted with a little butter and olive oil)
1/4 cup walnuts, blended in magic bullet 'til fine
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup minced shallots
Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, black pepper, sea salt.

Combine all ingredients in bowl, form into balls, heat on all sides over medium heat until brown.

I ate these over a bed of greens and chopped tomato, and squeezed half a lime over e'reythang.

meatwad.jpg

Hungarian Beef Goulash

Turn the crock pot on low

Brown a half pound of beef cubes

Set beef aside and brown 2 onions, some garlic, and a bell pepper. Cook til veggies are soft.

Put beef back in, add 2 tablespoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds, a can of chopped tomatoes, and 2 cups of beef stock.

Put it all in the crock pot and cook for 2.5 hours, or until the beef is fork tender.

171753299_9f72cfe694.jpg

I love this thread.

Trick Daddy loves the kids.

Vicious Nutritious Delicious Salad

Thaw 2 chicken breasts

Chop up a cucumber, roma tomato, and a red onion.

Cook 4 pieces of bacon and put them in a bowl that's half filled with spinach.

In the remaining bacon grease cook the chicken breasts after slicing them. I seasoned the chicken with chili powder because it's all I had.

When the chicken was almost ready to rock I added the red onion to sautee them a little and then added the skillet of chicken and chopped onion to the salad.

Added the chopped cucumber and tomato to the salad and topped it with some balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

6a00d8341d837f53ef0115712a9bbb970c-800wi

Pork Chops

Pork chops were half price at the store, so I bought them and put them in a glass container with sea salt, fresh pepper, chopped garlic, and lemon pepper.

pork-chop.gif

Put them covered in the fridge for half an hour and then let them come back to room temp. I know it's supposed to be like 6 hours but patience escaped me.

I then cooked them on the stove in olive oil (grill is obviously ideal) and ate them with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc.

Last edited:
Chili Chicken and Mushroom Soup

In a large soup pan saute one chopped onion, chopped garlic, and 2 chopped jalepenos (seeds included, pussy) in evoo until the onions are tender.

Add 8 oz of canned green chilis, put chop them before you do so. Also throw in cumin, oregano, black pepper, chili powder, and a pinch of cinnamon.

Stir everything together and add 4 cups of chicken broth and sliced baby portabella mushrooms. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.

Add as much chopped grilled chicken as you want and cook for another five minutes.

This was one of the best soups i've ever made.

im-a-cliche.jpg

Stuffed Bell Peppers

Preheat oven to 350 and boil a large pot of water.

Dice one yellow onion and an equal amount of both carrot and celery. Sautee them in olive oil over medium heat.

Submerge 5 bell peppers with the tops cut off and the seeds removed in large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.

Add one pound of ground beef and a pound of spicy pork sausage to the vegetable mix and brown it with whatever seasonings you want. I used salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and basil.

Add a can of diced tomatoes and a liberal amount of sriracha to the meat and vegetable mixture once the meat browns.

Pull the peppers out of the water and stuff them with your filling (tee he he).

Arrange them on a tray and put some cheese on top, i used shredded colby jack.

Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes and you're good to go. This was my first attempt at making stuffed peppers but it turned out surprisingly well and I'll definitely do it again.

Thanks for reading...

78%20Sexy%20Girl%20Cooking%20in%20the%20Kitchen.jpg

Last edited:
this thread is the shit. like you said earlier, don't stop getting it. I don't know much about food so this helps a lot

this thread is the shit. like you said earlier, don't stop getting it. I don't know much about food so this helps a lot

Danka

Steak n Eggs n Onions

I'm still at my mom's since the spring semester hasn't started yet, after running this morning I did a bit of fridge raiding to come up with breakfast.

There was some chuck steak in the freezer so I defrosted two of them and then lightly poked holes in them with a fork, put some salt on them (enzymes and shit), and then tenderized them with vitriol and a fork since it is an "economical" cut of cow.

I cut the steaks into strips and then pan fried them in butter. This, however, was not your average butter. My mom gets her butter from an Amish family that makes it by hand and it is, by far, the best butter I have ever had. At one point I even ate a bit of it straight from the block and didn't regret it at all.

Once the steak browned I added a sliced yellow onion and more butter, cooking it all until the onions softened a bit.

Once it was ready to go I added 5 whipped eggs and scrambled it all up. With a bit of salt and pepper this was an amazing breakfast, I didn't even add sriracha or cheese despite their availability. I enjoyed this breakfast with a bottle of newcastle... I'm assuming the total calories of this meal would be enough to make a Weight Watcher have a conniption.

pow+wow.jpg

Last edited:
Nice log, man - love the recipes...

Nice log, man - love the recipes...

Grazie.

Chili, take deux.

In the low carb recipe thread Sinister posted his chili recipe and I decided to give her the old college try.

This is what he posted....

2 (15oz) cans of White Kidney Beans (Cannellini) (drained and rinsed)
2 lbs ground beef
2 bell peppers (red, orange, yellow, or green)
1 1/2c chopped onion
4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1-2 tbsp minced jalapeno peppers
2 (14.5oz) cans of diced tomatoes
1 (14.5oz) can of tomato sauce
3 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
---------------------------
I ended up using closer to 2.5 lbs of beef, not as much chili powder because I ran out but supplemented with chili pepper flakes, and I think I bought serrano peppers instead of jalepeno on accident. This pepper related gaff meant it didn't end up being as spicy so I added some sriracha. Also, white kidney beans are apparently the same thing as great northern beans.

I made this in less than 20 minutes because I was running late for work but it was done in the crockpot after 6 hours on low. I liked this chili very much, it's much thicker than my usual chili due to the ground beef instead of stew meat and the presence of tomato sauce.

I wasn't sure about the bell peppers but they ended up being a nice addition. Next time I'll probably slice the onions rather than chop them.

PRINCE%20EATING%20SOUP.jpg

Back