Good Forgotten 90s Movies

splendica

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'll start with one, The Juror. Back in the day I probably saw this 3 or 4 times with different people. Decent movie with Demi Moore and Alec Baldwin (along with a lot of other big names).

Here's the trailer:

How about Matinee? John Goodman as a movie theater owner that tries to invent a new way to see movies in the 50s.

Single White Female.

A FANTASTIC film that no one talks about anymore. It came out as part of a whole wave of female-lead suspense thrillers in the early-to-mid 90s, along with films such as Jennifer 8, Diabolique and Copycat.

Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh are a great combo.

Single White Female.

A FANTASTIC film that no one talks about anymore. It came out as part of a whole wave of female-lead suspense thrillers in the early-to-mid 90s, such as Jennifer 8, Diabolique and Copycat.

Lol was gonna say this haha. I remember watching as a kid and being legitimately freaked out

Lol was gonna say this haha. I remember watching as a kid and being legitimately freaked out

I actually just watched it for the first time a year or two ago. It really is a great film that seems to have mostly been forgotten today.

I'm a sucker for mysteries/psychological thrillers. This one was good too. Kim Basinger, Uma Thurman, Richard Gere? What could go wrong?

If you like cheesy late-80s/early-90s martial arts movies then it's really hard to go wrong with American Kickboxer 1.

Speaking of courtroom dramas -
Runaway Jury and The Rainmaker are both really good. The Rainmaker is actually the better of the two by a pretty wide margin. But that’s only because it is just a great flick. Runaway Jury is good too.

Another one I always try to get people to watch, Six Degrees of Separation.

Will Smith's first leading film role and also one of the best performances of his career.

Single White Female.

A FANTASTIC film that no one talks about anymore. It came out as part of a whole wave of female-lead suspense thrillers in the early-to-mid 90s, along with films such as Jennifer 8, Diabolique and Copycat.

Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh are a great combo.

Now we're talking. You're right that people don't talk about these anymore. It's a shame.

I liked all of those.

All right, last one from me for a little while.

A Simple Plan.

Good people getting twisted and corrupted through greed. Basically a Coen film without the Coens.

Directed by Sam Raimi, starring Bill Paxton (RIP), Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda.

THE FAN
maxresdefault.jpg

Great movie, great performances, great actors, De Niro KILLS IT
Criminally underrated movie

I actually just watched it for the first time a year or two ago. It really is a great film that seems to have mostly been forgotten today.
Haven't seen it in forever. Good to hear it still holds up

Back