Good guy with a gun (uniformed cop) at Parkland Highschool shooting didn't engage shooter...

DWrVnQSUQAADEEZ.jpg

Active shooter, in a school, you go in. You can wait a very short time (seconds) for another guy to join you but that’s it. Get in, locate, isolate and engage.
Lol you're talking about a campus police officer not a navy seal, settle down bra.

So what's the point of hiring a single guard or cop if he won't engage till backup arrives???

Keyboard warriors would go in with face paint and a war cry.

Lol you're talking about a campus police officer not a navy seal, settle down bra.

Talking about all officers, myself included, brah. That is literally the standard active shooter procedure the OP was asking for.

The campus officer when I was in high school was a fat ass, 60+ year old. I figured they gave him the job to keep him out of the way until retirement

Whatever the solution to this is, it's certainly not letting cops entertain the idea that it's okay to behave like this guy. We'd all be better off if certain officers see what happens to this guy and resign before they come up short themselves.

Talking about all officers, myself included, brah. That is literally the standard active shooter procedure the OP was asking for.
Sounds like you are a cop...

So that's what the procedure manual (not person opinion) would say to do? Seems really dangerous (although I guess that's what he signed up for).

Didn't take an army to take down Walt Whitman:
Yeah that Walt was a cheeky motherfucker:

Shut not your doors to me, proud high schools,
For that which was lacking among you all, yet needed most, I bring;
A rifle I have made for your dear sake, O students,
And for you, O football coach, and you, athletic director;
The bullets of my gun mean nothing, the firing of them everything;
A rifle semiautomatic, not banned in Florida, nor caught by campus cops;
But you will feel every bullet, O Libtard! un-arm’d Libtard!
They shall pass through your flesh to swim the air, the walls,
With joy in slaughtering you, O students.

Keyboard warriors would go in with face paint and a war cry.
Given what this guy accomplished, how does he come off any better than a keyboard warrior? It seems to me that he has a lot in common with your average internet tough guy: pretending to be something he's not.

Sounds like you are a cop...

So that's what the procedure manual (not person opinion) would say to do? Seems really dangerous (although I guess that's what he signed up for).

Yep. That’s what we are supposed to do and what we expect of ourselves. It’s why a handful of Deputies are going to find themselves out of their jobs soon.

If you're armed by employment and stand by while listening to kids getting shot you're a coward. Period. I might do the same thing, and I'd consider myself a coward. It's not criminal. But we sure as fuck don't need cowards on the job. Not sure how to filter the cowards and bullies out of the profession, but it's time to start brainstorming how.

We need more of those puppy-saving out on thin ice heroes. Those are the cops I like. :D

Given what this guy accomplished, how does he come off any better than a keyboard warrior? It seems to me that he has a lot in common with your average internet tough guy: pretending to be something he's not.
He'd actually received quite a few commendations over the last few years so I guess he's not a total clown

He'd actually received quite a few commendations over the last few years so I guess he's not a total clown
Obviously I can't speak about this guy personally as I don't know him. But I knew a fair number of NCOs and junior enlisted who looked good on paper but didn't have the respect of their peers. But sure, it sucks for him that this is what he's going to be remembered for. Even after this passes out of public consciousness, there will always be people who remember this about him. If he really was a stand up guy before this, that's too bad.

@redsteeze: I hope @browardsheriff department is sued off the face of the Earth
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

Two predictions.
A lawsuit is coming.
The sheriff who showed up on CNN will resign.

As a lawyer, I can say that there may well be a lawsuit and it will be extremely embarrassing for the sheriff and the department, but it's un-winnable. There's absolutely no law, legal precedent or argument that would support a judgment against the sheriff's office or the officer(s) at the scene. They'd have a better chance suing the school district but that's a loser too. Wouldn't be surprised if the sheriff ends up resigning though, he's gonna get dragged through the mud big time.

Last edited:
The reason it's not cut and dry is that totally different standards have been applied to police work when it suits the argument.

I laid out some bait earlier in the thread, but it was a legitimate criticism. If the job of the cop in this case was to protect the students, then we need to apply that same standard to them when it comes to protecting the unarmed populace. That means we start throwing cops in jail when they kill unarmed suspects.

If a cop's duty first and foremost is to protect themselves, then unarmed shootings are okay and this cop shouldn't be getting one iota of the grief he's getting. If the duty is to protect the populace, then he deserves the grief, but i'm also going to bring this up the next time we have an unarmed suspect get killed because he "dropped his hands".

Can't have it both ways.

Because you fail to recognize the BASIC difference between protecting themselves in the pursuit of their DUTY vs sitting outside listening to kids get killed. I can't even have a conversation with you. I just can't.

Last edited:

Commendations for actually saving lives or a like a participation award for ass kissing and walking grandmas across the street?

I am not saying I am no coward and who knows how I would have acted but if it was my job and I am trained to rush in if backup cannot get here in time I am going in. It's a fuckin school and this coward heard shots and did nothing.

Last edited:
Back